Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Hairy arm and back guys have no business wearing a tank top. Get out the sheep shears.

I, personally, cannot stand tank tops...period. Some guys, one in particular, wear them in the gym and they just sweat all over everything. Disgusting.  Not to mention this one looks like an anorexic neanderthal.

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

8 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Sad for you. Any reason was given for cancelling so far out????

Being replaced with Wonder of the Seas.   OK...so maybe not so bad after all.  I am currently on hold with D+ rep on the phone.  I just want same GS for all three legs.  They need to make this happen. 

• Like 8

20 minutes ago, island lady said:

Being replaced with Wonder of the Seas.   OK...so maybe not so bad after all.  I am currently on hold with D+ rep on the phone.  I just want same GS for all three legs.  They need to make this happen. 

How bad can it be really to have to move a few doors down the hall either way, all the GS are on the same deck, no big deal.

58 minutes ago, island lady said:

Just great.   Not only was our Feb//March 2022 cruise cancelled.  But just now our Allure B2B Med, followed by the TA back to the states for Oct/Nov 2022.   

I am sooo done with this.  

See if they will be switching you to Wonder OTS. :classic_biggrin: The news of the switch just came out today, so don't do anything yet.....:classic_biggrin: Fingers crossed for you. 

EDIT: Just saw your prior post! Good luck. 

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

A Jewish MIL -- you have my deepest sympathy ... from experience, believe me, it's not an easy feat.

No, no.

HA HA HA ! Yes Jewish, she herself is not married to a Jewish man (eloped) and went through hell with her own family due to this (but all is well now) so she is very understanding. She raised her children Jewish and she does have other DILs of faith so she is happy. Yeah OK sometimes I feel like chopped liver from the goat they got for two zuzim, but I totally understand that that is just due to a cultural difference and nothng from the heart. So all good.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Coralc said:

See if they will be switching you to Wonder OTS. :classic_biggrin: The news of the switch just came out today, so don't do anything yet.....:classic_biggrin: Fingers crossed for you. 

EDIT: Just saw your prior post! Good luck. 

Plus I don't think they are really dealing right now for October 2022 sailings when they  have a lot more sailings earlier then her's to deal with.........They said by October 13th they would get everyone switched over.

53 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Gross.

Grosser: Seen someone wear the sleeveless t shirt with "Wife Beater" printed in the front. I suppose that is what they are also called (the t shirts). I saw this on the Anthem a few years ago, in the MDR. This guy had a wife and two teenagers with him.

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

You live on the Block?

Sadly no.  We have rented for a week each year, with another family, during the 4th of July week for the last 14 years.  We opted out this year due to my ailing dog and lack of dog friendly houses during peak times.  We went out for VJ weekend and decided it wasn't enough time and we rented last week.  My daughter and I love it out there, husband isn't as enthusiastic. He wants to get a boat, he prefers to hang at the marina while I love the beach.  The waves were awesome on Wed. and Friday. September is a whole different feeling than the mayhem of July.  Not sure how I would feel if I lived there year round, not that we could afford anything without winning the lottery.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Just great.   Not only was our Feb//March 2022 cruise cancelled.  But just now our Allure B2B Med, followed by the TA back to the states for Oct/Nov 2022.   

Hopefully you'll be ok.  I read on another thread they are replacing the Allure sailings with the new ship Wonder as they wont be sending to her China in March as originally planned.

Looks like she will do 7 or 8 cruises out of Fl then do the TA crossing to Europe for summer sailings.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Grosser: Seen someone wear the sleeveless t shirt with "Wife Beater" printed in the front. I suppose that is what they are also called (the t shirts). I saw this on the Anthem a few years ago, in the MDR. This guy had a wife and two teenagers with him.

That's horrible and rude. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Sheal said:

Sadly no.  We have rented for a week each year, with another family, during the 4th of July week for the last 14 years.  We opted out this year due to my ailing dog and lack of dog friendly houses during peak times.  We went out for VJ weekend and decided it wasn't enough time and we rented last week.  My daughter and I love it out there, husband isn't as enthusiastic. He wants to get a boat, he prefers to hang at the marina while I love the beach.  The waves were awesome on Wed. and Friday. September is a whole different feeling than the mayhem of July.  Not sure how I would feel if I lived there year round, not that we could afford anything without winning the lottery.

I haven't done a day trip in a while. I like taking my bike out there. May, June, and September are my preferred months. July and August are so packed on the ferry.

When I was a kid my grandfather and I would make a day trip every summer on the boat from Providence. Going out to the island always reminds me of him.

• Like 4

@singinalotCrystal, I just love your fantastic photos of the wild west.  I can't wait for you to exit the plane in Greece.  I did some note taking from your thread.  Cut and paste, a wonderful thing!

@Ozark_KidWhat beautiful grandchildren you have.  The smiles are so infectious.

@sgmn  Congrats on your 35th.  I know exactly what you mean about the time flying.  We are halfway towards our 34th year.  Your son's wedding pictures were beautiful.  The excitement really shows in their faces.  

@island ladyI'm keeping my fingers crossed that RC makes good for you.

@dani negreanuAs usual Dani, this thread is very enlighting.  I hope you enjoy more dancing in the upcoming nuptials.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Nice!   I will have to see if available for my android

I would think there is the same one or something very similar. There were lots of them for the iPhone.

2 hours ago, island lady said:

That has to be so frustrating to plan and plan and then this.

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I, personally, cannot stand tank tops...period. Some guys, one in particular, wear them in the gym and they just sweat all over everything. Disgusting.  Not to mention this one looks like an anorexic neanderthal.

Totally agree. Reminds me of just wearing an old fashioned undershirt. I do not want to see a man's armpits no matter what.

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Got my fingers crossed for you. That would work out nicely since she is brand new.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I haven't done a day trip in a while. I like taking my bike out there. May, June, and September are my preferred months. July and August are so packed on the ferry.

When I was a kid my grandfather and I would make a day trip every summer on the boat from Providence. Going out to the island always reminds me of him.

LOL.  Every summer my grandmother would take my mother, sister and I for a beach trip, sometimes taking the ferry out to the island.  It was the only time we went, my mother didn't care for the beach herself.  She was pretty fair and I'm guessing the lack of suntan lotion (was it even invented back then?) had a lot to do with her distaste for the sun.  It was ritual each summer, stopping and picking up pies at the farm stand (seems funny to think of buying pies for a beach day but we did).  As we got closer to the shore she would lower the windows and tell us all to breath in the salt air.  "It is so good for you".  I don't actually remember what we did on the block other than feeding the sea gulls our french fries but it was still fun times for us kids (not so much for my mother, lol). 

We were at the ice cream parlor last Thursday, the small one opposite Aldo's.  They have some pretty interesting photos and postcard from the early 1900's on.  They were a lot of fun to look at, expecially the one of the Ocean View hotel.  It had 400 rooms and was located on the bluff overlooking Ballards.  Next year I will make a point of visiting the historical society.  My friend told me about it Thursday night.  I laughed, we could have gone that day, it rained all day and night.  Oh well, next year!

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Totally agree. Reminds me of just wearing an old fashioned undershirt. I do not want to see a man's armpits no matter what.

I have an even harder time with ladies with armpit hair.  Sorry if I offend anyone. I know it is getting to be more common these days. 

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, Sheal said:

I have an even harder time with ladies with armpit hair.  Sorry if I offend anyone. I know it is getting to be more common these days. 

oh I so agree.  That is gross too.  Eric and I went to a local diner for breakfast and this women with a sundress on raised her arms to pick up her baby, her hair was longer than Eric's armpit hair.  Disgusting.   I was telling eric since he couldn't see her...next thing you know she whipped out her boob.  It was literally right there while she was fussing with her baby to get ready to feed.  

I have no problem with breast feeding, I did with both my boys but never did in public, nor do you just let your boob hang out at a diner.   She saw me giving her a look, like really lady, but didnt care.  Her husband didnt care either.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Jimbo said:

How bad can it be really to have to move a few doors down the hall either way, all the GS are on the same deck, no big deal.

It's a big deal if you booked all the cabins so you are in the same one. Who wants to pack up for each cruise? It's a PITA.

• Like 3