Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, derorim said:

I held off upgrading my S7 until it got so slow I couldn't take it any more.  I got the S21 and was impressed by how Smart Switch https://www.samsung.com/us/apps/smart-switch/ transferred all my apps and data from my old phone to the new.  It was painless.  Alexa came over all set up, I didn't have to do a thing.  

Some things I don't want to copy over😉😇

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, sgmn said:

We're invited to 3 weddings in the next month - today (good friends), Sunday (our DIL's sister) and mid-October (next door neighbors).

We attended one on September 4.  A lot of dancing. Quite the scene! All remains well.

Our younger son is getting married at the end of October. A big wedding. Can't wait!! 

@dani negreanu

Edited by mets07
  • Like 7

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I am curious so I started a new thread to see if anyone is seeing them these days.  I really want to make some.

Did someone say swizzle sticks? We went to an estate sale years ago and picked up a box. There must have been a thousand sticks. No Royal but there were some pretty good ones. This is the last bit if sticks that haven't been processed yet.

20210914_175746.jpg

• Like 8
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Are you enjoying it?  It sure is larger than my s7.

Yes I am! Pictures are really nice.....Someone peeking at my screen from behind commented on that. It was then that I paid more attention to pciture quality and the toys available with camera.😁

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Arzeena said:

My S8 was not compatible to some newer version of apps and downloads.
I had to get something fixed and they said they do not make that for S8 anymore. It was working so I kept it till I dropped it flat on its face and the front glass smashed. .glass kept shattering every few hours like a ripple effect. $250 down at the you fix I break store...eventually upgraded to S21. not that glass breaking cannot happen again. I miss my PINK otter box defender case which I had on my older phones.......cannot find it anymore anywhere!!!!!!.☹️

I don't have so much as a scratch on the glass. I was thinking about replacing the battery since it seems to be weakening a bit. However, I know as time goes on apps are not going to run on the phone's version of android any longer. I have some time to figure it out. I just wish Samsung didn't ditch the SD slot.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Just figured out how much I would use an SD card.  As I was taking out my old SIM card I found a 64gb card in the old s7!  I forgot about it.  I noticed when data was being transferred from the s7 to s21, I noticed SD data transferring to the new phone.

Good to know that the SD data transfers. I wasn't sure if it was only the phone's internal memory that would move over.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I don't have so much as a scratch on the glass. I was thinking about replacing the battery since it seems to be weakening a bit. However, I know as time goes on apps are not going to run on the phone's version of android any longer. I have some time to figure it out. I just wish Samsung didn't ditch the SD slot.

I'm an iPhone guy, not a Samsung guy, but I've never run out of memory built into my phone.  That used to be an issue with older phones when internal storage was more expensive.  It was definitely helpful to have additional/cheaper SD card storage.  My current iPhone has 256GB of memory.  I've got it loaded with a ton of apps, and hi-res photos/videos and am just under 200GB used.  I could easily clear out at least 50GB if ever needed...probably more.  I don't see ever running out of storage.

Check your total combined storage of your S8 and SD card (guessing it's around 64-128GB total) and see how it compares to the 256GB built into the S21.  You may find that an SD card really isn't needed...even without using cloud storage.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Check your total combined storage of your S8 and SD card (guessing it's around 64-128GB total) and see how it compares to the 256GB built into the S21.  You may find that an SD card really isn't needed...even without using cloud storage.

Yes, my present storage is 64GB internal and 126GB on the card and I realize that a new phone with 256GB built in will be more storage than what I presently have. Now I need to get the right side of my brain to accept what the left side knows.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I'm unimpressed with ubreakifix after the sorry battery replacement on my S9. 

Definitely thinking about upgrading, but I have so many Alexa things on it, that I'm overwhelmed with the transfer

What happened with the battery replacement?

4 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

You might be surprised.  About 20 years ago I used to help a guy that set up one of the first Razorback message boards. When someone logged in we could monitor their IP address.  One day we had a rude visitor who was asked to stop being rude.  He didn’t so the guy that ran the sight traced his IP address back were the rude poster was posting from his office.  From there he got his name and address. Then we used a website that allowed us to look up his address and provided names of some of his neighbors.  So then, using names of his boss and neighbors we let him know if he didn’t stop, we would let his boss and neighbors know what he was doing….. He never visited again.  But I’m sure no one can do that these days.  😂 

Wow! He must have been shocked!

Shocked straight, maybe. 

4 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Guess I won't be finding any then, but I'll still ask.

I bought a pair of the earrings on EBay three or four  years ago. 
Playing on my phone,  I Googled Royal Caribbean and could have bought everything I ever tossed or GoodWilled. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Lionesss said:

So I did not get to clean yesterday. I decided today was not going to be a good day either. I am continuing to gather and organize for our soon to be cruise just a mere 25 days away. Today I got “thee” earrings out of the safe. 

I was fortunate to have been gifted them on a recent cruise(as recent as they get maybe 4 years ago). They are made by the master and only few were made. 

First  you have to gather the drink swizzle sticks. Carefully remove the tops then gently wire them.  

Shown  below. 

343674E9-9CD2-4ABE-B614-3B36803CC12D.jpeg

I have a couple of pair similar to these.  Made by some friends using the old swizzle sticks.  Love them!

• Like 2

Just finished last episode of Bosch today , hoping for another season , also just finished The Defeated , really enjoyed both, also finished Mrs Maisel , which both me and my wife loved , I know there will be another season of that eventually..

Fun day tomorrow doctor then dentist appointments.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Cardinals smoked the Mets

I didn't realize the Jays were in the hunt

Last night they forgot with their 2/0 loss to the Rays. They are tied with Boston and the Yankees for the wild card.  All are 9 games back. 

2 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Last night they forgot with their 2/0 loss to the Rays. They are tied with Boston and the Yankees for the wild card.  All are 9 games back. 

Do the Jays have a lot of contenders still on their schedule. That's the Met's challenge