Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

9 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I don’t like using the cloud either.  I have a NAS we use at home. It’s a backup unit that is connected to our home network so we can wirelessly back up at home.

I think it is NAS that my Brother has at his house.     

We use a Seagate back up plus (external hard drive) is not wireless but easy enough to use. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

Yup, spam texts also.  My daughter showed me I just had to swipe to the left of my android phone and it disappears.  It is so unbelievable.  Good grief!  Don't get me started about Messenger on FB.  

A friend emailed me last night to ask how to Google someone’s address, cell phone and email address.  
If there is such a website, we’re all sunk!

I use the cloud a couple of different ways.  Makes things easier for me, not harder.  First is with Adobe products.  Any pictures that I take on my phone using Lightroom mobile automatically get copied to my Adobe cloud account.  When I launch Lightroom on my desktop, any new pics in my cloud account automatically get sync'd to my local hard drive.  Makes it easy to transfer pics from my phone to my desktop...something that's not always easy with an iPhone.

Second use of cloud is Amazon Photo backup.  All photos that I have in my Lightroom catalogs (well over 10K now) are backed up.  I can also use this to share a photo or album of photos with people by sending them a link to the Amazon Photo site.  

I've considered a third cloud use and haven't pulled the trigger, but really should.  I want to buy a family backup plan using something like Carbonite.  Other than my photos (which are probably the most important), I don't have a good backup strategy for my computers.  

• Like 1

Apologies in advance to any Cleveland Browns fans here.  You've suffered enough and I don't mean to pile on.  And I certainly don't have much to say after both the Bills and the Buckeyes lost this weekend.  But...

All of this talk about spam on phones reminded my of this tweet that was going around twitter this weekend after the Browns lost on the last drive.

image.png.079077561c24fc430a167e55ea729e77.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Beautiful kitty - I love all cats.   My Mother always loved calicos, they were her favorites. 

You also have a Lucy, is that right?

We have 4 all together....Yes I think everyone has seen Lucy before...The other two besides Lucy and Jessie is Cody,the only male cat we have,other one is named Gracie...Okay who can pick out the Male cat Cody?

20210725_200307.jpg

20210725_200215.jpg

20210725_200037.jpg

20210725_185002.jpg

20210725_164632.jpg

20210725_202758.jpg

• Like 10

20 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

A friend emailed me last night to ask how to Google someone’s address, cell phone and email address.  

There are several such websites.  www.411.com is a popular one.  Most info about a person is public knowledge now.  These sites will typically offer services for an additional fee to provide even more info like property records or criminal history.  Some will even allow you to do a "reverse lookup", where you enter a phone number and it tells you who owns that number.

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Allure is doing a brief stint in PC before moving to PE.

That's why I was thinking PE. I looked at some cruises recently and PE showed the Odyessey and Allure.

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

When I gave my neighbor some he said he cooks them in butter too.  That sounds good to me.  When I look up recipes, they all say cut off some of the root side and drizzle olive oil over them.  That sounds good too.

so what temperature do I set the oven and about how long does it take.  I think I will try some with butter and some with olive oil.  They also recommended after it was done to mix it into mash potatoes or spread on baguettes.  Sounds like you and my neighbors just eat it alone.  

I just wing it with the garlic. I think I put it at about 350 or so and maybe about 45 minutes. I usually check the color and go by that. I haven't made it in a couple of years because I will eat it like candy and I'm sure I stink when I sweat. I try to avoid people when I do. I love, love roasted garlic. 🧄

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

There are several such websites.  www.411.com is a popular one.  Most info about a person is public knowledge now.  These sites will typically offer services for an additional fee to provide even more info like property records or criminal history.  Some will even allow you to do a "reverse lookup", where you enter a phone number and it tells you who owns that number.

I have a reverse lookup app on my iPhone. If I’m bored, I check out the spoof calls. 
The White Pages app has a premium site that gives that info, but I’ve noticed the free one seldom has the names I request and I don’t care enough to pay for premium. 
I had no idea you could get email addresses!!!

5 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

That's why I was thinking PE. I looked at some cruises recently and PE showed the Odyessey and Allure.

I just wing it with the garlic. I think I put it at about 350 or so and maybe about 45 minutes. I usually check the color and go by that. I haven't made it in a couple of years because I will eat it like candy and I'm sure I stink when I sweat. I try to avoid people when I do. I love, love roasted garlic. 🧄

Me, too. And what smells better than garlic in the kitchen! 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Lionesss said:

So I did not get to clean yesterday. I decided today was not going to be a good day either. I am continuing to gather and organize for our soon to be cruise just a mere 25 days away. Today I got “thee” earrings out of the safe. 

I was fortunate to have been gifted them on a recent cruise(as recent as they get maybe 4 years ago). They are made by the master and only few were made. 

First  you have to gather the drink swizzle sticks. Carefully remove the tops then gently wire them.  

Shown  below. 

343674E9-9CD2-4ABE-B614-3B36803CC12D.jpeg

Do most bars have the swizzle sticks? 

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

yeah do not cut off the root end as I think it makes the bulb fall apart/separate.

I cut off the root end and peel them and they don't fall apart. I don't need to squish them since they are peeled. I have also bought a container of peeled cloves which is my lazy way out.

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

These days folks would just think you are a YouTube guy or vlogger or …… a CC live guy 😂 

Seems like everyone is doing it now. The first couple of cruises that started up were full of them. I think Royal even invited a few to come on board just for the publicity.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

You might be surprised.  About 20 years ago I used to help a guy that set up one of the first Razorback message boards. When someone logged in we could monitor their IP address.  One day we had a rude visitor who was asked to stop being rude.  He didn’t so the guy that ran the sight traced his IP address back were the rude poster was posting from his office.  From there he got his name and address. Then we used a website that allowed us to look up his address and provided names of some of his neighbors.  So then, using names of his boss and neighbors we let him know if he didn’t stop, we would let his boss and neighbors know what he was doing….. He never visited again.  But I’m sure no one can do that these days.  😂 

• Like 3

I think this was a Rum Punch. I'm not sure if they normally charge for the glass, but it was free this time. I thought they did normally charge,  but I guess I'll find out in 2 days.

20210728_143322.thumb.jpg.87c262086022c7c166bbf3092c8f016d.jpg

Pina Colada was my first drink and they didn't ask if I wanted it in the special glass. The second time they did.

20210728_141355_01.thumb.jpg.4fb2fbcf6e8a4691ec137053f9e5c532.jpg

Pool photos to show how empty it was. I do have a few more with some people in them, but there were very few.

20210728_143430.thumb.jpg.37d8f765d42fec64b7a14f2c96d6cd61.jpg

20210728_143549.thumb.jpg.4b8b7c40b774af13e510bbf206c972cc.jpg

20210728_143622.thumb.jpg.379e5dadff1b6c9cc0e9ada179b600a8.jpg

20210728_143927.thumb.jpg.6382f60298a1c14a2052cebd877b3a02.jpg

20210728_155635.thumb.jpg.38ab41e82db326e46638d67555584a32.jpg

I love this fence.

20210728_154346.thumb.jpg.644315e1ece29ef581d304a3ac75f8b1.jpg

• Like 15

7 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Picture # 3 do you mean the top cat or the bottom cat on the cardboard scratching board?

The gray one sitting on the scratching board. There's a blue thing behind it's head.

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, island lady said:

Yeah, not so much caffeine (I only drink one cup coffee a day at the most) but if I ever have to go without breakfast (my most important meal 😉 )...I get an awful headache.  Could be another reason you got the headache...tummy saying "feeed mee!!"   

I must have breakfast as soon as I wake up or I get a headache.  Jack can be up for hours before breakfast.  Drives me batty.  

3 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

My son has been to four weddings this summer and has another one to attend next month.  Some were cancelled from last year to keep all safe and all chose outdoor venues.  Three of four went without a hitch, all attending were to be vaccinated, no issues reported after.  Unfortunately, the last one he attended was not so lucky.  The bride ended up feeling sick a few days after the ceremony and tested positive.  Twenty people that attended the wedding ended up positive, all had been vaccinated.  The wedding was a distance away so all had rented houses or had gotten hotels.  My son had stayed in a house with a total of six people.  One in the house tested positive but my son and the other four were all negative.  I felt so bad for the bride and groom as they took all the steps they could to try to keep everyone safe.

Fortunately, the bride got sick AFTER the wedding.  I guess it just proves how contagious this delta strain is to infect people who are double vaccinated.  I hope all who contracted the virus recovers completely.

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I think we are having 'picture chat' on the Bella Cruise.

It's been discussed.  Yes!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

I think this was a Rum Punch. I'm not sure if they normally charge for the glass, but it was free this time. I thought they did normally charge,  but I guess I'll find out in 2 days.

20210728_143322.thumb.jpg.87c262086022c7c166bbf3092c8f016d.jpg

Pina Colada was my first drink and they didn't ask if I wanted it in the special glass. The second time they did.

20210728_141355_01.thumb.jpg.4fb2fbcf6e8a4691ec137053f9e5c532.jpg

Pool photos to show how empty it was. I do have a few more with some people in them, but there were very few.

20210728_143430.thumb.jpg.37d8f765d42fec64b7a14f2c96d6cd61.jpg

20210728_143549.thumb.jpg.4b8b7c40b774af13e510bbf206c972cc.jpg

20210728_143622.thumb.jpg.379e5dadff1b6c9cc0e9ada179b600a8.jpg

20210728_143927.thumb.jpg.6382f60298a1c14a2052cebd877b3a02.jpg

20210728_155635.thumb.jpg.38ab41e82db326e46638d67555584a32.jpg

I love this fence.

20210728_154346.thumb.jpg.644315e1ece29ef581d304a3ac75f8b1.jpg

Wonderful pictures of what looks like a relaxing day,

• Like 1