Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

7 minutes ago, island lady said:

I do love watching DVD movies though.  We brought about 30 of them with us...no commercials. 🤗

The soft Jazz CDs for the stereo are the "happy hour" back ground.  😉 

It is crazy how things have evolved. I at one time thought CDs would be the ultimate source for music listening. I used to have a car with a six CD player, my last car was a single, and my present car does not even have a CD player. My entire CD collection is now on a single USB thumb drive that is plugged into the car's USB port.

• Like 9

Gary , @cruise wizard

You and Mary must be getting ready for your B3B.
Are you going to post anything from the cruise? I would love to hear about it, especially any new boarding rules, requirements,  etc. Thank you.

We are boarding on the day you are leaving....unless you are adding the 4th week and making it B4B😁

On 6/17/2021 at 9:00 PM, Momof3gurlz said:

Very similar. It comes dry, like pasta and cooks like pasta as well, about 8-10 minutes in low boiling water or broth. 

CFE850DF-20DD-46E2-A230-B4DCCF5C1F6A.jpeg

On 6/17/2021 at 11:29 PM, dani negreanu said:

Well, is "couscous style", not the real thing 😉  Re: what you posted [Israeli style...] --

Fake couscous.jpg

I've fancied this as a "side" to the grilled chicken breast we had for lunch.

DH was happy to oblige with his "version" 😉

20210621_120331.jpg

• Like 8

12 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Gary , @cruise wizard

You and Mary must be getting ready for your B3B.
Are you going to post anything from the cruise? I would love to hear about it, especially any new boarding rules, requirements,  etc. Thank you.

We are boarding on the day you are leaving....unless you are adding the 4th week and making it B4B😁

No B4B's until Nov/Dec. Yes, I will post some info on the 7/3 & 7/10 Edge threads probably every other day. That would be the best place to look. I may try some pictures but no guarantee. I'll post about the Health Questionnaire, embarkation process and some quick "insights" in the evening of 6/25.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, cruise wizard said:

No B4B's until Nov/Dec. Yes, I will post some info on the 7/3 & 7/10 Edge threads probably every other day. That would be the best place to look. I may try some pictures but no guarantee. I'll post about the Health Questionnaire, embarkation process and some quick "insights" in the evening of 6/25.

Thank you. I will definitely check that out.

Enjoy your cruise. Bon Voyage!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, George C said:

We have several hundred DVD’s , used to have hundreds of Betamax tapes then VHS tapes now It’s dvd. 

Yup, me too over 400 of them that I know of.  When we used to travel in the "land yacht" we had no interest in the Satellite TV (even though we had a dome on the top)...loved watching the movies instead.  Hauled our collection around and enjoyed on the 55 inch Sony surround sound system we have in it.  We keep them in flip style cloth storage cases that hold about 75 each.  Tossed out the space gulping plastic jackets they come with.  

Our next rental homes will have DVD players....looking forward to watching some movies again.  🙂 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

It is crazy how things have evolved. I at one time thought CDs would be the ultimate source for music listening. I used to have a car with a six CD player, my last car was a single, and my present car does not even have a CD player. My entire CD collection is now on a single USB thumb drive that is plugged into the car's USB port.

You are way more advanced than I am.  😉 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, cruise wizard said:

Yes, I will post some info on the 7/3 & 7/10 Edge threads probably every other day.

That will be awesome. Looking forward 👍

We're booked on Edge (after being xlled 3 times on Apex) exactly 11 months from today....

4th time will be a charm?  Time, and Covid, will tell....

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, cruise wizard said:

Have a fantabulous time!!  🙂 

11 minutes ago, cruise wizard said:

Three TV channels - black & white picture - lots of "snow" and clean language - WHAT HAPPENED?????

Yeah, and us kids were the "TV remote" system.  Was told to jump off the couch to "hand turn" the knob for a channel...and usually had to adjust those rabbit ears as well.  Oh the horrors!!   Child abuse!!  😄

Still remember the excitement of Disney's first color broadcast!!  😉  Disney's wonderful world of color!  

Edited by island lady
  • Like 3

On 6/19/2021 at 8:07 AM, island lady said:

Key West Pinks!!!   Have to try them to know.  😉   

Think of the difference of Maine Lobster to Florida/Carib "Crawfish" type clawless critters....which are like farm raised "Tiger Shrimp"....compared to Key West Pinks.  Ask Molly...she knows!  😋

I like the Royal Reds from Key West to the Pinks.  Both are very good.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, George C said:

Hope to see you when we join you on July 3rd 

We'll see you on the 3rd.................Mean Mary and I will try to bring the ship back safely to port unless we can talk Capt. Kate to extend the 6/26 cruise to maybe the Southern Caribbean too.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Now I’m watching them all including reruns.

For me I try to look past the reality drama stuff with the crew. For me it's all about seeing the locations, The yacht and the fantastic food. The show has given me lot's of ideas of places I would like to visit.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

That will be awesome. Looking forward 👍

We're booked on Edge (after being xlled 3 times on Apex) exactly 11 months from today....

4th time will be a charm?  Time, and Covid, will tell....

We'll chat on the Celebrity threads for sure. I do hope that you make it - the 4th time will be a charm!!!

• Thanks 1

All this discussion about Below Deck has me even happier that I'm not watching it.  Definitely not my style.  I don't like watching stupid people, whether trying to find love, renovating a house for the first time, or searching for bigfoot.  Whenever I say that my daughter points out that some of these stupid people are turning this into some form of fame and fortune.  The Kardashians are the gold standard example of this.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Guess what?  I don't miss it at all.  😉  No more stressing out with the "bad news" on the the news channels. 

We gave up the news several years ago and it was one of the best things we've done.  Don't miss it at all.  If something important is happening and manages to break through our bubble of ignorance, I'll usually check it out online using BBC World News.  Seems to me to be more neutral than the US based news sources.  I'd be interested if you UK people think the same.  

• Like 6

5 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

@Sunshine3601

Debbie,

Wishing you a very Happy Birthday 💐🌷

Many many happy returns with all your dearest around you 🎂

Ahhh - Thank you!    

I am enjoying my day.    Went for my usual bike ride and coffee on the beach, now doing a little work then head to the beach for a couple of hours.     

Not sure what Eric has planned but I know he has something planned for dinner.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

20210621_120331.jpg

Wonderful presentation.

26 minutes ago, island lady said:

Yeah, and us kids were the "TV remote" system.  Was told to jump off the couch to "hand turn" the knob for a channel...and usually had to adjust those rabbit ears as well.  Oh the horrors!!   Child abuse!!  😄

Still remember the excitement of Disney's first color broadcast!!  😉  Disney's wonderful world of color!  

Child abuse?  Oh horrors! We only had one tv in the living room! Sunday night was ALWAYS Ed Sullivan.

I remember I was 4 (so my mom tells me) when we got our very first black and white tv.  As soon as it was plugged in, the installer put on Howdy Doody.  I was hooked! 

• Like 4