"Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?

17 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

He told me to get cranberry tablets so I figured that and cosmos should help😳

13 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Haven’t had one in many years.  Luckily, the pharmacist recommended an over-the-counter pill for UTIs.  It kept things calm until I got the prescription.

Glad you’re on the mend and amen to the cosmos!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Unbelievable :

My wife’s surgery for tomorrow has been cancelled.The Surgeon tested positive for Covid even though he was vaccinated.

How horrible  to have to start the wait and anticipation over again!

I guess any of us could test positive, which is scary when you think of checking in for a cruise. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I seem to recall some talk a while back about safely storing passwords, Someone, maybe @bobmacliberty?, said they should never be saved on your phone. Does this include the Passwords feature on an I-phone where it asks if you want the pw saved? Is this the same as “keychain”?  DH has some saved in the Notes in his phone, I’m almost certain that’s not secure.  We’re not very tech savvy but trying to get better.  Any info will be greatly appreciated!

Mine are in Dashlane, which is a free app. 
I’ve read in more than one place that it’s extremely encrypted and as safe as possible. Who knows?

I also have them in a small notebook in my nightstand. I update it when I change or add passwords. If someone is at the point of reading the notebook, I’ll probably be long gone!

I would not save them when it asks. That stores it in the website you’re using. I wouldn’t trust that. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Mine are in Dashlane, which is a free app. 
I’ve read in more than one place that it’s extremely encrypted and as safe as possible. Who knows?

I also have them in a small notebook in my nightstand. I update it when I change or add passwords. If someone is at the point of reading the notebook, I’ll probably be long gone!

I would not save them when it asks. That stores it in the website you’re using. I wouldn’t trust that. 

My important ones (for financial sites) are written down and put in the fireproof safe that is hidden in the back of a closet.  They are there more for DH if he needs them (because I’m not around).  The non-financial ones are saved by the computer but require a fingerprint.  I change most of them every six months.  I do it every time we change from daylight savings time. That’s how I remember it.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Sorry to hear this Lenny, but it’s for the best to keep your wife save. Damn covid. 😡  Hopefully the doctor has mild to very little symptoms. Do you know if they test them regularly or is it only if they feel bad?

On Thursday he thought he was getting a cold but did not believe it was anything to be concerned about .Yesterday morning he felt very sick and was tested for Covid .The results were that he had it and he had many symptoms by that time.I do not know how long he has had it.My wife and I were in his office July 14.My 17 year old grand daughter who was at my birthday celebration Saturday night felt sick yesterday morning.My daughter took her to be tested for Covid and it was negative.My wife and I were sick last night but we were fine when we woke up this morning.

The doctors office administrator will call me wife during the week to reschedule.

People are telling her to find another doctor.However,as I have posted previously my wife has a problem similiar to hemophilia and this doctor was the only one of four who we were considering who was concerned about bleeding.He conferred with my wife’s Hematologist.

He also treats me for an illness.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, helen haywood said:

I’m so sorry!  I hope it wasn’t for something that really can’t wait. 😢

Last month (I posted about it on this thread) one of the veins on one of my wife’s legs opened up and blood was gushing like a waterfall.We could not stop it.It was like a scene from a horror movie.We called 911 and two EMT’s came.They were able to stop the blooding but told us that my wife must go to a doctor in the morning .This was 1 AM .My wife called my Vascular doctor .She got an appointment the same day.He changed the dressing ,wrapped her leg in an ace bandage and suggested emphatically that she needs surgery because if this happens again it could be very bad.

She had the appointment for today but wanted a second opinion and had 3.My wife is a retired RN .She and I decided to have this doctor do the surgery.We will wait for him to get better.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, George C said:

Same thing happened to my niece a couple of months ago.

It is so frustrating. My daughter who lives in upstate NY was driving to my house.We called her last night.She was on the highway not too far from where she lives.

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Sorry to hear this Lenny.

Hopefully her surgery can be quickly rearranged.

We have great faith in the doctor.We are going to wait for him to get better.However ,we are going to discuss this with my niece who is an MD.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

So sorry, Lenny. Hopefully, the delay will not impact your wife's health.

The surgeon is not alone, sadly. It seems that the efficiency against the Delta variant has been cut in more than half, according to studies here.

However, it remains highly efficient against a serious form of Covid....

Kol tuv, 

Yes,we have heard this.Due to my wife’s bleeding problem she has stayed away from surgery for many years and psyched herself to have the procedure today.I was and still am to a degree very scared.My daughters were going to be here with me.Now we have to do it all over again.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Oh boy!

We got the call a few minutes before I posted here last night.After the recovery period my wife has to limit activity for 4 to 5 weeks.My daughter who lives close by has been doing so much food shopping for us .Our house and garage refrigerators are stocked with food.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jagsfan said:

I guess any of us could test positive, which is scary when you think of checking in for a cruise. 

Yes,it is especially being elderly .I had two surgeries last year during the pandemic in a hospital that had employees who had Covid.That was very scary.

1 hour ago, jagsfan said:

We are fully vaccinated but was going to sail from st Maarten which required a test before arriving so we switched to a cruise from ft Lauderdale, didn’t want to take any chances. Had a great cruise, almost getting used to flying with mask but I do lots of drinking while flying they leave you alone while sipping on a scotch. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

I was and still am to a degree very scared.

I understand you more than you think.

DH was going to have a surgery, and if it didn't succeed, he very decisively and strongly asked the surgeon "not to wake him up"....

We had 3 awful weeks to wait for the surgery, and my way of dealing with "scary" was to push it out of my mind, and just to go through the days like an automat....

Worked for me.

I assume that it will take at least 2 weeks for a re-schedule, a long time to live in fear.

I know, easier said than done, just speaking from my own experience. My DH also didn't want to tell the kids about the severity of his situation, so I was alone in this ordeal.

Your daughters seem a very BIG HELP.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

Yes,we have heard this.Due to my wife’s bleeding problem she has stayed away from surgery for many years and psyched herself to have the procedure today.I was and still am to a degree very scared.My daughters were going to be here with me.Now we have to do it all over again.

Sending your wife our prayers 🙏 and best wishes.

Graham.

3 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

He told me to get cranberry tablets so I figured that and cosmos should help😳

I take four 200 mg.cranberry chewable tablets every morning.I have not had a UTI problem in many years.

1 hour ago, helen haywood said:

I do remember your telling about that very very scary experience.  I’m glad you found a doctor you have faith in and hope all eventually works out well.

He has been treating me for phlebitis,cellulitis and venous insufficiency for several years.

20 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

DH was going to have a surgery, and if it didn't succeed, he very decisively and strongly asked the surgeon "not to wake him up"....

We had 3 awful weeks to wait for the surgery, and my way of dealing with "scary" was to push it out of my mind, and just to go through the days like an automat....

Worked for me.

I assume that it will take at least 2 weeks for a re-schedule, a long time to live in fear.

I know, easier said than done, just speaking from my own experience. My DH also didn't want to tell the kids about the severity of his situation, so I was alone in this ordeal.

Sorry to hear about your ordeal Dani and pleased your husband's surgery went well.

Graham.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Worked for me.

I had surgery several years ago.The doctor told me that there was a possibility that I would not survive.I never told my children and I also never told them that one of my doctors believed that I had leukemia and I was being tested for it .However,I recommended my Oncologist to a cousin and she happened to tell that to one of my daughters who frantically called me and asked why I was treated by the doctor.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

I know I mentioned it on the other threads, but thought I’d mention it here. Mike and I will be on the same test cruise as John. I was getting my hair cut yesterday because I thought there might be a chance that we would be on it and also because it seriously needed it. I found out several hours later that we were indeed on it. We are thrilled. 💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼 🍹🍾🥂 

I cannot wait to hear from you and John on the ins and outs of a test sailing.    I find it very odd the cruise is free but they won't give any of the other perks, such as free drinks in DL and suite lounge.  

I would definitely take advantage of the free pass to the Thrill waterpark. 

Have fun and I will be watching the live review thread John started.     Hope to hear from you too 🤩

• Like 4

5 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

I abbreviated what the passwords are associated with like Cruise Critic is CRC.  Hard to decipher if uncovered by the unscrupulous.  AND the list is not easily found.

I have a little black compass book where I do the same and abbreviate the many different sites, sometimes to the point I cannot recognize my own abbreviation for sites I don't use too often.    

We change our passwords for anything banking every 4 to 6 weeks and we use a VPN along with two step sign in for a lot of accounts.

Eric was a victim of Identity theft earlier this year and I do not believe it was anything we were doing wrong, I don't think we were hacked in any way.    IMO, hackers probably got his info from one of the many businesses that had our personal information.     You just never know. 

• Like 2