Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Got to do some fishing for the first time in Virginia...There is a little pond behind the house.

Caught 5 large mouthed bass in about 45 minutes before the rain came

What was super weird was caught 2 fish at the same time. 

Rode my tractor over to the pond.

20210801_111904.jpg

20210801_110154.jpg

20210801_111415.jpg

20210801_113449.jpg

20210801_114742.jpg

20210801_111927.jpg

• Like 8

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Ours is field corn. It will harvested around Halloween. It is used to feed livestock, for ethanol production and manufactured goods. It’s also used to create high fructose corn syrup, corn starch etc. 

Our Naples friend, Fred, does the same with his corn field in Canada.

2 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Joe and Pat’s Pizza for those in the know🍕

We used to walk to Joe and Pat's from Silver Lake Park after the Concert on Wednesday nights in the 1960's. 

2 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

"I saw it in the window and just had to have it" cracks me up just thinking about it.

So very funny!!!!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

You know it.  I had my first slice there when I was 16 and the pizza is just as good today as it was then🍕

I are pizza for the very first time when I was 16 but it was in Jamaica Queens.I have eaten pizza many times in Staten Island .The last time was in 2019 .

• Like 1

Staten Island has so many wonderful pizza places on the Island!  Denino's, Lee's Tavern, Joe & Pats, and Nunzio's  were our favorites.  Our grandsons love Reggiano's in Tottenville.  When we're on the Island for a visit, the boys ask us to bring a pizza home for them. 

24 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Got to do some fishing for the first time in Virginia...There is a little pond behind the house.

Caught 5 large mouthed bass in about 45 minutes before the rain came

What was super weird was caught 2 fish at the same time. 

Rode my tractor over to the pond.

20210801_111904.jpg

20210801_110154.jpg

20210801_111415.jpg

20210801_113449.jpg

20210801_114742.jpg

20210801_111927.jpg

Beautiful!  Looks nice and peaceful🧜‍♀️🦀

2 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Staten Island has so many wonderful pizza places on the Island!  Denino's, Lee's Tavern, Joe & Pats, and Nunzio's  were our favorites.  Our grandsons love Reggiano's in Tottenville.  When we're on the Island for a visit, the boys ask us to bring a pizza home for them. 

Reggiano’s is the only one I don’t know, will have to make the long trek out to Tottenville.

3 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Duh..it was Pal Joey's we walked to from the Concerts.  Not Joe & Pat's.  

Forgive me, it's been well over 50 years...LOL!

I lived 36 years in Canarsie. It was a great place.There are 2 CC regulars who lived there and we sometimes post about the places we went to.Everything is gone now except one pizza parlor.

• Like 1

Jim and I aren't crazy about Reggiano's.  The boys like it a lot, probably because it was a block from our house, and we would walk there.  They liked it better than Town & Country near us.  

We have Denino's here in NJ.  We used to go to the one in Brick,  but now we go to the one in Manahawkin, since we're much closer to that one.    They get the water in from Staten Island;  at least, that's what we've been told.