Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

16 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Beautiful!  Looks nice and peaceful🧜‍♀️🦀

Was really nice and quiet out there for sure. It was an overcast day and cooler then it has been in a long time here. Started to get a little warm though since this pond is kind of down in a hole, so there was no breeze at all until the rains came, but I had to bail, I didn't want to get soaked.

There will be more days to fish coming up. 

Weather here is going to be cooler this week and next.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I are pizza for the very first time when I was 16 but it was in Jamaica Queens.I have eaten pizza many times in Staten Island .The last time was in 2019 .

My first pizza was in a restaurant on Dutch Broadway in Queens. 

15 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Jim and I aren't crazy about Reggiano's.  The boys like it a lot, probably because it was a block from our house, and we would walk there.  They liked it better than Town & Country near us.  

We have Denino's here in NJ.  We used to go to the one in Brick,  but now we go to the one in Manahawkin, since we're much closer to that one.    They get the water in from Staten Island;  at least, that's what we've been told.

Yes, they get the water from here.  My son goes there, he is in Colts Neck.  Pal Joey’s is long gone.  They sold and then the place went poof!  

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Staten Island has so many wonderful pizza places on the Island!  Denino's, Lee's Tavern, Joe & Pats, and Nunzio's  were our favorites.  Our grandsons love Reggiano's in Tottenville.  When we're on the Island for a visit, the boys ask us to bring a pizza home for them. 

My son-in-law flew to NY and spent a week on Staten Island learning to make pizza from scratch. 
He ordered a pizza oven and wood and for three years now has made fabulous pizzas for us. Never a crust left over. 

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

My son-in-law flew to NY and spent a week on Staten Island learning to make pizza from scratch. 
He ordered a pizza oven and wood and for three years now has made fabulous pizzas for us. Never a crust left over. 

nice!!!!!

When I was young some 60 years ago my 90 year old Sicilian grandmother would occasionally make home made pizza , it was amazing, in my 20’s I lived in a Italian neighborhood called Caroll gardens, local bakery sold home made Sicilian pizza also along with the best Italian bread .I love living in Dallas area but do miss NYC food which is the best ( except for barbecue and Mexican which is better in Texas )

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Which place and how old were you ? I know there is a Dutch Broadway in Elmont but I am not familiar with the Queens location.

We walked from 220th St in Cambria Heights to the Belmont Racetrack on Dutch Broadway. Maybe it started at the Nassau County line?

I thought we were on it in Cambria Heights. 
I was 16-18 and it was between 1952-55. 
My memory isn’t what it was!

I do remember it was called pizza pie, not just pizza. 
Edited to say it looks like it was 115th Ave in Cambria Heights and became Dutch Broadway. 

Edited by jagsfan

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

A friend of mine living in NY retired and instead of moving to Fla he and his wife moved to SC.

We retired to SC from NJ, lots of tri-staters here.  Also have what they term halfbacks, those that retired to FL but found it too hot so moved back north to the Carolinas.

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Anyone going to watch Below Deck tonight?

Recording now

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, akcruz said:

We retired to SC from NJ, lots of tri-staters here.  Also have what they term halfbacks, those that retired to FL but found it too hot so moved back north to the Carolinas.

Recording now

My friend and his wife moved to Ft.Mill.

40 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

We walked from 220th St in Cambria Heights to the Belmont Racetrack on Dutch Broadway. Maybe it started at the Nassau County line?

I thought we were on it in Cambria Heights. 
I was 16-18 and it was between 1952-55. 
My memory isn’t what it was!

I do remember it was called pizza pie, not just pizza. 
Edited to say it looks like it was 115th Ave in Cambria Heights and became Dutch Broadway. 

When was the last time you were in Cambria Heights ? 

4 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

When was the last time you were in Cambria Heights ? 

In 1959. Drove up for my grandparents’ 50th wedding anniversary. We spent Christmas and half the summer with them every year. I have fo many memories of their neighborhood. 
I understand it  changed dramatically, though, and they moved to Massapequa near one of my uncles. Evidently their neighbors all scattered farther out on the island. 
Any time I went to LI after that, it was to Massapequa. 

5 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

"I saw it in the window and just had to have it" cracks me up just thinking about it.

Yes!!!

Carol as Mrs. Wiggans, secretary to Tim Conway.  All she did was file her nails and sashay slowly in her tight skirt.   I just laughed now thinking of it.

4 hours ago, Jimbo said:

We will freeze some on the cob with a vaccum sealer, some we will blanche and freeze and some I will bag up and give to my neighbors.

Also we will have alot on the cob fresh, nothing like it!

Here is something to try, with a Sharp serrated knife after buttering the cob, take the knive and cut through each row of corn all the way around the cob, add some salt and pepper and then eat it...............Talk about super tender corn. You will love it.

I would wind up with at least 3 sliced fingers if I ever tried that.  

3 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

You know it.  I had my first slice there when I was 16 and the pizza is just as good today as it was then🍕

I can't recall the names of the pizza places we used to hang out in when I lived in lower Manhattan. We used to go to a great pizza place in "the village" on or near 4th St.  I lived in walking distance of Little Italy and loved going to their Feast of San Generro Festival.  Oh the food! 

Love reading about Staten Island.  As I have posted previously, I went to Day Camp on SI for 10 years and passed Silver Lake and Clove Lake Parks on Victory Blvd. to get there.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Thanks, Maryann. The sun in my eyes was bothering me 😁

Sometimes, well just may be more than sometimes, DH is "straining" my patience 😉

I "suck" at taking pictures, therefore I'm totally dependent on the "designated photographer".

It goes like this:

Me: Pls. take my picture with this "edifice".

DH: MMmmm, OK. Stay there. No, there. MMMmmm, there. OK. Where is my phone? Aahhh, in my hand !! Don't move. You moved. Yes, you did.

Me: Someone is waiting to take pics also. Are you done?

DH: MMMmmm, no. With the camera will be better. Where is my camera? Aahhh, around my neck !!

Don't move... [rinse and repeat from above]. Pushing buttons and rotating dials... checking the "results".

Me: Someone is waiting to take pics also. Are you done, since in a second they'll "photobomb" me....

THE END.

I just found this quote.  I was going to respond hours ago but somehow I forgot??

What I WAS going to say is that when you pose for a picture for Jack,  you have to stand there for what seems like forever until he actually takes the shot.  He doesn't say a word, just stands there for I don't know how long.  He takes the picture, THEN he says "wait I want to take another one".  I can't count how many times I say thru a clenched mouth, like a ventriloquist, NU??? (well??)  

Is there a way of deleting an unsent quote?

9 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Yes!!!

Carol as Mrs. Wiggans, secretary to Tim Conway.  All she did was file her nails and sashay slowly in her tight skirt.   I just laughed now thinking of it.

Oh they were so funny. Gotta be a good actor to play so dumb.

I read that she had to walk that way because the skirt didn't fit the right way.

And Tim would play the old man who shuffled. He could milk that like no other.

• Like 4