Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

5 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

If only I had some to share.  No significant change in either direction, good or bad.  17 weeks of waiting and continue to wait we will.

Thank you for asking.

Thanks for the update. I'm sure it is agonizing.

• Thanks 2

Just now, bobmacliberty said:

Great idea.  Never thought of putting 2 coats of wax on my body to prevent infection.  I'll need to give that a try. 🤣🤣🤣

Sorry Dani...I couldn't resist.

If it is good for my car then....

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

All of these are goodies.  I grew up watching all of them.  I wasnt so much into Hogans Hereos but my Dad and Brother were and back then we only had one TV for family to share.

Years ago, everyone I knew while growing up only had one tv.  Black and white!  Funny story...my daughter had a small black and white tv in her room...my great nephew came down the stairs and said my daughter's tv must be broken!

3 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Whenever I'm visiting family in Houston, I make sure that is pretty much all I eat, alternating back and forth between the two. In fact, it's ruined eating Mexican food here in NY for me as I now find it to be boring.

I had my very first Taco back in 1969 while in Dallas,Texas.  Wow, it was so different...and so good!!!

2 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Dani and Coralc, sorry for you guys but I have a feeling NY will be next.

Yeah,  DeBlazio was on the news this morning...without vaccine, he's vowing to stop people eating out, exercise gyms, etc.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Thanks for the update. I'm sure it is agonizing.

It is. And at the same time, numbing...and normal. Actually, it's been a roller coaster of every emotion under the sun. Depends on the day or hour.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

😁 No worries 😁 

NOW I got it -- should have been vaxed... Serves me right, learning "new" words on CC.....

I never really give anyone a hard time about not speaking English well.  No matter how poor their English is, it's almost always better than my ability to speak their language.  Your English is very good. I've done a lot of global travelling (somewhere around 50 countries) and it always amazes me how many people in many countries can speak at least 2 languages and often more.  I can barely survive speaking French (which I sort of learned in high school) and Spanish (which I've sort of picked up through travelling), and can say hello, good morning, and thank you in about a dozen languages.  Most Americans never need to learn more than English since it has become a universal language, especially for business.

I remember standing on a train platform in Blois, France when someone asked me something in French.  I didn't understand him and said, "Je ne parles pas francais" (I don't speak French) in what I think was a reasonably good accent.  The guy looked at me funny for a few seconds and then walked away.  I later realized that it would be like me asking someone in the US a question in English and having them reply in perfect sounding English that they don't speak English.  I'm guessing that he assumed that I really did speak French, didn't want to talk to him, and just wanted him to go away.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

I was replying to this when they took the site down for the rocket upgrade.

Thanks! I do drop in every few days or once a week to read. Well, just kinda skim thru since there is usually 15+ pages of unread postings. Then I get hungry reading & looking at pics of food so I leave again. 😉😁

I hope you are well and your dear wife is improving.

Graham.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

I have attempted to post the same story twice from My stupid phone and it is lost in space.

Anyone else having problems from their smart/stupid phone?

Stay healthy

No.🙏🤞

Every one of my posts was from my Android phone.

Graham.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Most Americans never need to learn more than English since it has become a universal language, especially for business.

100% agree.

Off (?) topic -- My late dad was a clever and realistic guy. Having lived in pro-German Romania during WW2, his motto was: "As a Jew, you never know when you'll have to leave only with your clothes on. The only baggage you'll get to carry is the one in your head. Languages weight nothing..."

He spoke French, Spanish, German, English, Yiddish, beside Romanian and later on -- Hebrew.

• Like 8

14 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Yes!!!

Carol as Mrs. Wiggans, secretary to Tim Conway.  All she did was file her nails and sashay slowly in her tight skirt.   I just laughed now thinking of it.

I would wind up with at least 3 sliced fingers if I ever tried that.  

I can't recall the names of the pizza places we used to hang out in when I lived in lower Manhattan. We used to go to a great pizza place in "the village" on or near 4th St.  I lived in walking distance of Little Italy and loved going to their Feast of San Generro Festival.  Oh the food! 

Love reading about Staten Island.  As I have posted previously, I went to Day Camp on SI for 10 years and passed Silver Lake and Clove Lake Parks on Victory Blvd. to get there.

Would the pizzeria near W.4 St be John’s ?

1 hour ago, Tree_skier said:

I'm in Alameda county until the end of the week.  I feel your pain. 😞

In Ontario there is still a mask mandate. We haven’t been fortunate enough to enjoy being maskless. The way other provinces are on the uptick, I don’t see it going away anytime soon here. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

100% agree.

Off (?) topic -- My late dad was a clever and realistic guy. Having lived in pro-German Romania during WW2, his motto was: "As a Jew, you never know when you'll have to leave only with your clothes on. The only baggage you'll get to carry is the one in your head. Languages weight nothing..."

He spoke French, Spanish, German, English, Yiddish, beside Romanian and later on -- Hebrew.

Many Americans have no clue about the experience of your people.  I would have loved to have had a conversation with him.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Newlyweds camping with grand dogs In Tennessee. 

Last night the old GOAT died. Not the DH, but the 1966 GTO. 

Alternator  showed zero voltage. But lights and radio still working. Had electrical work done in May. I think they got wires crossed. 

Then the ride of shame.  DH. Glad it was dark when the car was towed home. 

Now trying to get in to garage that deals with old cars. 

take care. 

D2F755A2-6DB3-4C67-A3A7-5BDAED02593E.jpeg

53FF40EA-D9D3-4B5B-A6EC-A264EDB0EAAC.jpeg

• Like 5

5 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Whenever I'm visiting family in Houston, I make sure that is pretty much all I eat, alternating back and forth between the two. In fact, it's ruined eating Mexican food here in NY for me as I now find it to be boring.

But I still don't know the difference between Mexican food and Tex-Mex. I'm not sure there is a difference?

I had friends who unfortunately passed away ,who lived in a Houston suburb.Whenever I was there visiting them we went to a Tex-Mex that they claimed was the best in Texas. I cannot recall the name. Primarily we went to Italian restaurants.

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

Years ago, everyone I knew while growing up only had one tv.  Black and white!  Funny story...my daughter had a small black and white tv in her room...my great nephew came down the stairs and said my daughter's tv must be broken!

When we bought my parents a color tv, finally, they said it looked unnatural.  I guess they saw the tv world as always being black and white.

19 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

I have attempted to post the same story twice from My stupid phone and it is lost in space.

Anyone else having problems from their smart/stupid phone?

Stay healthy

My smart/stupid phone can't access CC for some bizarre reason.  Always let's me know "there is a network error, please try again later". 

5 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Would the pizzeria near W.4 St be John’s ?

Lenny, your memory is much better than mine.  No way do I remember.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

100% agree.

Jerry Springer the infamous tv personality once said that his parents, holocaust survivors living in queens, had their car parked covered with a tarp.  Car was unable to be driven because of his parents advanced age.  There it stayed unused for many years.  They kept the car in case they had to get out fast.  It gave them comfort even though they couldn't drive anymore and was seen as a manner of escape.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Alternator  showed zero voltage. But lights and radio still working. Had electrical work done in May. I think they got wires crossed.

Hopefully you can get it fixed. Those vintage cars are made better than some new cars. I'd love to have a GTO. That's when they had big engines in cars. I had a Pontiac Grand AM with a 454 in it. That thing could go.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

100% agree.

My father said the same thing.He spoke Polish (his native language),Yiddish ,Italian,Spanish and English.He encouraged me to learn as many languages as possible.I learned Yiddish and Hebrew at home from both parents,primarily my mother;Spanish and German in high school.In college I studied Hebrew,Spanish and German.My wife studied Italian and French and I taught myself conversational Italian.

My son in law who lives in the same town as me is fluent in Hebrew ,he lived in Israel for a while and my daughter speaks it as well.

• Like 2