Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

I could but I would then have to edit.  I do it a lot when I am driving the car, and I want to communicate so I use Siri, but there are so many Siri corrections when I post, that it is just way way easier to actually type.  I took a typing class in high school and another in college and I am so much more proficient typing that it is way easier.  Plus, I sit at a desk most of the day looking at my stupid windows 10 computer, typing on my Ipad is pretty simple and I can fix my typos.  Unfortunately, Apple is still likely to auto correct things it thinks are wrong even when they are not.

• Like 1

Every once in a while I have to log in.  It seems somewhat random, but it does happen. 

I think closing everything down in IOS world helps you.  I don’t.  apple products get wonky after a week or so of not closing everything down.  

Edited by xpcdoojk

2 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

We're all packed and ready to head out early tomorrow morning for the wilds of NJ.  My daughter and son in law have been busy fixing up the in law suite where we'll stay for approx. 2-3 weeks.

Unfortunately, we are taking a supply of face masks and proof of vaccination. 😒  And so it goes.

Have a wonderful trip.Will you be visiting the area where you grew up ?

29 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

Yeah, me too.  I have the largest most recent IPad Pro with the (I think they call it) the magic keyboard and the Apple Pencil.  I have a 2 year old MacBook Pro that I use for actual video editing and stuff,  but my daily tool is my IPad Pro.  Since I have a keyboard I type.  I am not a good or fast texter, so I would absolutely hate doing the garbage I spew on an Iphone.😃

I have the original 12.9 iPad Pro. It is still doing great but I have been tempted to get the one you are using.  It looks like it would be great for photo editing in Affinity Photo.

6 hours ago, Lionesss said:

So frustrating

He is actually on his third alternator.

The brand new one tested normal.

But 

Wham!!!!

Dead

I still think it was the repair man when he put in the new radiator in May, wanted to straighten out the wiring, and all hell is breaking lose.

Seems to happen when the car runs a few miles.

We are members of a national travel club and with our level (we pay for)and between his 4 and my 4  we get 8 free tows a year. 1 down, 3  to go for him.

Heres to hoping we do not need anymore.

But as a good wifey I will share a tow with the DH if needed.

Stay healthy.

Wiring can be a headache in the making, older more so than new wiring with a restoration.  Not sure what to say for you guys, but it sucks. 

It is good to be a member of a travel club with multiple tows at your finger tips. I have regular CAA (think Canadian AAA), Hagerty Classic Car Insurance with flat deck towing coverage with full replacement cost, any coverage that comes with my new cars. 

• Like 1

I have mixed emotions after celebrating tonight with a filet dinner and two old fashioned's. My 2nd time at a retirement cruise is officially happening. We made the cut for Explorer out of San Juan on November 7th. The October 30th sailing did not.

I had joined a social media group for that sailing just to see what they might be hearing before ours. Today was a mixture of heartbreak and celebration going back and forth. I feel horrible for the many people on the October sailing that made their final payment only to be let down with the cancellation.

My November 7th thread was jubilation that we will be sailing. I know there still could be changes. I wish things were better. It's a pain staking process getting back to sailing. I feel lucky but with some sadness as I know how much cruising means to me but to many others it's a hard day. Hang in there my friends your day will come and I hope soon.

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Curious what KC Company?

I don't remember the name Greg. Bill thinks it was a machining company and the ownership was South Korean. It sounded like a really good company. Every year they would take the employees on a company getaway to a different place and they would be expected to dress appropriately and mind their manners and dine together, because they were representing the company. I think there were about 60 of the employees and management on the cruise. And they were the nicest, and most polite young men.:classic_biggrin: 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I have mixed emotions after celebrating tonight with a filet dinner and two old fashioned's. My 2nd time at a retirement cruise is officially happening. We made the cut for Explorer out of San Juan on November 7th. The October 30th sailing did not.

I had joined a social media group for that sailing just to see what they might be hearing before ours. Today was a mixture of heartbreak and celebration going back and forth. I feel horrible for the many people on the October sailing that made their final payment only to be let down with the cancellation.

My November 7th thread was jubilation that we will be sailing. I know there still could be changes. I wish things were better. It's a pain staking process getting back to sailing. I feel lucky but with some sadness as I know how much cruising means to me but to many others it's a hard day. Hang in there my friends your day will come and I hope soon.

We had everything booked for December on Vision out of FLL and Rhapsody out of Tampa in February. Just deposits thankfully. But both are cancelled. I am sad too. August is not starting off great. :classic_sad:

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, Coralc said:

August is not starting off great. :classic_sad:

You got that right. Hopefully this recent surge will settle down. I have everything in place for a fly/drive trip in October, but as things are now thinking I may yet wind up canceling everything (AGAIN!...this is all getting old, ya know?)  

• Like 4

Yesterday was final payment for my TA from Barcelona on Harmony OTS.  I chose not to make it as this was part 5 of a B5B, and the first four segments had already been cancelled.  Thank Heaven!  Today, RCCL cancelled the cruise.  Feel very bad for those that made FP and now have to wait 45 days for a refund/FCC.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, taznremmy said:

Yesterday was final payment for my TA from Barcelona on Harmony OTS.  I chose not to make it as this was part 5 of a B5B, and the first four segments had already been cancelled.  Thank Heaven!  Today, RCCL cancelled the cruise.  Feel very bad for those that made FP and now have to wait 45 days for a refund/FCC.

We almost switched to that last year from the cancelled Allure TA. I would have been doubly crushed. :classic_sad: It is bad enough thinking we booked cruises far enough out. 

We are going to have to go somewhere! I can't stand being at home for this long. And even if we go to the Twain Harte house, it is just having to cook somewhere else. And they will have to bring me food. Because I am so tired of cooking. :classic_sad: My apologies. I will quit monopolizing. I have just been in a funk lately. 

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 6

@Coralc Don't apologize....I think we are all in the same boat (pun intended).  This was a Lift and Shift from 2020, that is now cancelled, and the first four segments were lifted and shifted (again) to 2022.  Fingers crossed.  Scheduled on the Allure TA for 2022. 🤞

Edited by taznremmy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

In Ontario there is still a mask mandate. We haven’t been fortunate enough to enjoy being maskless. The way other provinces are on the uptick, I don’t see it going away anytime soon here. 

I think the only reason that we have been able to avoid it statewide so far is because the Governor is fighting for his life in a recall election and is a documented lockdown hypocrite. So doesn't want to be seen as the bad guy.  He's leaving it to individual counties to do the work.  I'm working in the Bay area and I'm not surprised they, like LA county,  jumped on the masking bandwagon quickly.  My home county and surrounding counties will be slower to respond in kind.  I'll be home next week so I can put away the mask again for a little bit.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, taznremmy said:

Am I reading this correctly.... RCI cancelled the cruise the day after final payment was due? If so I can't tell you what a sour taste that just gave me toward RCI.

8 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Wiring can be a headache in the making, older more so than new wiring with a restoration.  Not sure what to say for you guys, but it sucks. 

It is good to be a member of a travel club with multiple tows at your finger tips. I have regular CAA (think Canadian AAA), Hagerty Classic Car Insurance with flat deck towing coverage with full replacement cost, any coverage that comes with my new cars. 

Great minds think alike.

Yes to motor club, and insurance company.

We cannot get the old Goat in till September.

It looks like for safety I am making it get towed.

He goes it starts, it is only 5 miles to the shop.

I go it dies, and we would have to wait for tow truck.

Very sad DH, missing one of the upcoming biggest car shows in our area.

Every year we miss it for whatever reason, (usually Me).

It is one event that he would love to get a trophy at.  He says to fulfill him.

Of course I go, It is what it is, maybe next year.

This year I had originally made plans to cruise.

With the uncertainty I also booked Disney for the same week.

I wanted a get away for our 30th. anniversary

We cancelled the cruise months ago, and kept Disney.

We enjoy Disney, and take the time to do and see things we never did before.

It will be our 10th. time there.

Third time as only parental units.

And we still have our October Cruise booked.  

Who knows if it will be a go.

Stay safe

• Like 2

On 7/29/2021 at 10:27 AM, dani negreanu said:

I wonder if you can "rate" a place like this in the site you've rented from.

@Sunshine3601

Also for those who rent from you (I know that Airbnb has it).

Yes, they do indeed.  😉  Plus I will email the owner my thoughts as well.  VRBO actually encourages you to rate the rental afterwards.  

• Like 1

Seem to get a quick signal this time of the morning here, until the weather changes.  

Just a quick stop by to say hello to my friends here.  🙂  

Will be sooooo ready to have actual WIFI and good cell service in just over 2 weeks!  

Stay safe everyone.  

• Like 10