Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 hours ago, Lionesss said:

We enjoy Disney, and take the time to do and see things we never did before.

The couple we often cruise with got use hooked on Disney.  We had annual passes last year so with the pandemic they extended them about 7 or 8 months until February.  We went a couple of times after they reopened.  There were so few people it was strange almost like a dream. The nice thing was wait lines. It took us almost 20 minutes to get on Avatar Flight of Passage. That is how long it took to walk from the opening gate to sitting down on the seat, no stopping. It took an extra 5 minutes to get off, decide to go again and get back on.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Getting more than old -- Metushelah like 😧

Now that’s a long time!   I hope hope fore my great, great, great….etc grandkids it ends before then. 

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

What is up with this website. Twice I quoted someone, typed my response, then hit the submit reply button only to have what I typed disappear.

Since yesterday this has happened to several of us. When it happened to me I first thought I hit the wrong button then I thought maybe it posted and I didn’t see it.  This seemed to of started after the site update.  I wonder if they are still messing with the update.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Playing it safe is always good. As far as Billy goes, I think he will be doing concerts for a long time. he's not slowing down so there will plenty of times to see him again.

In 1972 a co worker had tickets to see a childhood friend of hers who became a singer.His name was Billy Joel.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

I agree George. Also with my hearing loss over the years I have to wear hearing protection because the sound is so loud. I went to a concert several years ago with hearing protection and it was still so loud it was uncomfortable. Love Billy even though I have lost some respect of him over his treatment of his longtime drummer Liberty and other side musicians.

There are several well known singers/ band members living in my area .In summers before the pandemic they would perform in parks at no cost to people. When I was physically able to attend it was a nice evening out.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

The couple we often cruise with got use hooked on Disney.  We had annual passes last year so with the pandemic they extended them about 7 or 8 months until February.  We went a couple of times after they reopened.  There were so few people it was strange almost like a dream. The nice thing was wait lines. It took us almost 20 minutes to get on Avatar Flight of Passage. That is how long it took to walk from the opening gate to sitting down on the seat, no stopping. It took an extra 5 minutes to get off, decide to go again and get back on.

When my kids were young we would do a driving vacation to as many amusement parks as possible.One year we did this in Canada but every other time was in the US .

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

In 1972 a co worker had tickets to see a childhood friend of hers who became a singer.His name was Billy Joel.

I remember when I was in school in Boston walking by a club that had a sign "One night only the Police." Never heard of them before went in and saw this amazing band. The rest is history. I think it was their first US tour.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, derorim said:

Sadly, Marietta, we learned last week that Andy needs rotator cuff surgery.  He decided to schedule as soon as possible so we can go on the Odyssey in February, so he's having the surgery later this month.  We waited a bit before cancelling the September Oasis, in case Royal canceled it.  When they announced restart dates yesterday we canceled it ourselves.  I was so looking forward to being on the Oasis again and toasting with our cosmos!  Drink one for me, and enjoy your return to cruising!

- Joy

Bummer to hear that Andy needs rotator cuff surgery.    Sounds like a good plan to get done as soon as he can and have plenty of time to heal and do PT for your February sailing. 

I am scheduled to be on Oasis in September and will make sure to drink one for both of you!!!

• Like 3

Just now, Sea Dog said:

I remember when I was in school in Boston walking by a club that had a sign "One night only the Police." Never heard of them before went in and saw this amazing band. The rest is history. I think it was their first US tour.

I have sort of a connection to the Police.In 1988 a guy who had an office in the building I was working in was going floor to floor looking for a Notary to notarize music contracts.From 1988 to 1992 I notarized contracts for various groups and singers that he represented.Even though several were British they had American agents.Among the contracts that I notarized were for The Police,Billy Joel,Van Halen and Motley Crue .In lieu of payment for notarizing I was given concert passes,autographed photo’s and other items.I never met any of the singers/musicians but I had interesting conversations with the Agent.One of his clients gave up music and became the owner of an Internet cruise message board very similiar to CC .

• Like 2

If anyone has an abundant amount of zucchini @Jimbo and is looking for a nice easy recipe.     I made this zucchini fritters recipe as side dish last night and they were delicious - so easy to make too!

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/241422/easy-zucchini-fritters/

Hopefully this post shows up as I tried a couple times last night.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

It seems I am now having problems reacting to posts. Using my iPhone, since Susan is driving now. 

206B5CD9-A8EA-46EF-AD6C-2E5969E5704C.thumb.png.aec31426ac65fc705a313a2f8cdbf1de.png

Anyone else have this issue?

I had that several times last night but seems to be working okay today...hope I didn't speak too soon -LOL!

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Am I reading this correctly.... RCI cancelled the cruise the day after final payment was due? If so I can't tell you what a sour taste that just gave me toward RCI.

Correct.  Sad situation.  The slogan "Loyal to Royal" appears to be a one way street.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, derorim said:

Sadly, Marietta, we learned last week that Andy needs rotator cuff surgery.  He decided to schedule as soon as possible so we can go on the Odyssey in February, so he's having the surgery later this month.  We waited a bit before cancelling the September Oasis, in case Royal canceled it.  When they announced restart dates yesterday we canceled it ourselves.  I was so looking forward to being on the Oasis again and toasting with our cosmos!  Drink one for me, and enjoy your return to cruising!

- Joy

Well, if we sail, I definitely will have a cosmo for you and one for Andy’s successful surgery😊

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Bummer to hear that Andy needs rotator cuff surgery.    Sounds like a good plan to get done as soon as he can and have plenty of time to heal and do PT for your February sailing. 

I am scheduled to be on Oasis in September and will make sure to drink one for both of you!!!

Thanks, I hope you have a great cruise!  Cheers!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

What is up with this website. Twice I quoted someone, typed my response, then hit the submit reply button only to have what I typed disappear. Grrrrr. And I'm still have browser freeze up issues.... Grrrrrr again.

Grrrrrrr

• Like 1