Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

16 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

When we bought my parents a color tv, finally, they said it looked unnatural.  I guess they saw the tv world as always being black and white.

My smart/stupid phone can't access CC for some bizarre reason.  Always let's me know "there is a network error, please try again later". 

Lenny, your memory is much better than mine.  No way do I remember.

I worked for a while in the West Village.Regarding memory,do you recall ever passing the KISS building in lower Manhattan not too far from where you lived ? 

9 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Jerry Springer the infamous tv personality once said that his parents, holocaust survivors living in queens, had their car parked covered with a tarp.  Car was unable to be driven because of his parents advanced age.  There it stayed unused for many years.  They kept the car in case they had to get out fast.  It gave them comfort even though they couldn't drive anymore and was seen as a manner of escape.

My father and my mother lost siblings in concentration camps and had a similiar feeling .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Sea Viewer said:

Cozumel tee shirt here today. I'm really getting low on vanilla, need to visit soon!

Mine is Ketchikan.  DH has on Cozumel.  Many of my shirts are getting raggedy, need to cruise and get some more.  I make my vanilla.  Beans purchased online and vodka.  Put in cabinet for 3 or 4 months.  I recently made a batch to use for Christmas cookies.

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Alternator  showed zero voltage. But lights and radio still working. Had electrical work done in May. I think they got wires crossed

You had the only battery operated 66 GTO for a short period of time… then the battery died. Thankfully it was not a worse experience. I had that happen to a 69 Mach 1 that I had. One tow and a replaced alternator and it was all good. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

The only baggage you'll get to carry is the one in your head. Languages weight nothing..."

A wise man.  I find that if I even attempt to speak in the local language of another country, even just saying hello/please/thank you, I'm treated with more respect.

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

I know we don't talk Olympics in here but I am so happy Simone Biles took the bronze in beam.

I meant to reply to your earlier Olympics post when the site came down for maintenance.  

I'm usually an Olympics junkie. Both winter and summer and I enjoy watching sports I would not normally watch. Swimming, beach volleyball and gymnastics are my favorites.  Along with some of the more traditional track and field ones. 3-on-3 basketball?? ***** is that a sport for???

Anyways,  this year I just can't get into it. Watched a little bit here and there but not too much. I thought it might be my personal situation but I know others that feel that way too. Not sure why. Maybe it's the covid lockdown hangover?  Going out while we still can?? 

Having said that, I'm glad Simone Biles got back to competing at least for one event. Good for her. Fair or not, I do think the GOAT label got to her and she crumbled a bit but she never sulked, never moody,  cheered on her team mates, answered all the questions with professionalism and was the picture of a classy athlete.  Glad to see she got to go out on a high note. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Bonaire tee shirt for me today.

Got on a Hawaii tank top today, just booked air for our November Allure cruise .

one of our buddies in Buffalo area bought a 1967 I believe GTO about 5 years ago. I am now really into cars.

24 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

You had the only battery operated 66 GTO for a short period of time… then the battery died. Thankfully it was not a worse experience. I had that happen to a 69 Mach 1 that I had. One tow and a replaced alternator and it was all good. 

So frustrating

He is actually on his third alternator.

The brand new one tested normal.

But 

Wham!!!!

Dead

I still think it was the repair man when he put in the new radiator in May, wanted to straighten out the wiring, and all hell is breaking lose.

Seems to happen when the car runs a few miles.

We are members of a national travel club and with our level (we pay for)and between his 4 and my 4  we get 8 free tows a year. 1 down, 3  to go for him.

Heres to hoping we do not need anymore.

But as a good wifey I will share a tow with the DH if needed.

Stay healthy.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

I know we don't talk Olympics in here but I am so happy Simone Biles took the bronze in beam.

So glad for Simone that she found in herself the strength to compete again 👍.

23 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Anyways,  this year I just can't get into it. Watched a little bit here and there but not too much. I thought it might be my personal situation but I know others that feel that way too. Not sure why. Maybe it's the Covid lockdown hangover?  Going out while we still can?? 

Green + Dark blue + Plum 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, xpcdoojk said:

I would have loved to have had a conversation with him.

Thanks for the kind words, JC.

I think you would have enjoyed it.

He taught me the "pursuit of knowledge" -- when we immigrated, our "situation" was very very hard. It took time for dad (60 years) to find work.

As an example of who he was, with his 1st salary he bought "Le Petit Larousse" in 12 installments... He really couldn't live without all his encyclopedias we were forced to leave behind.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

I worked for a while in the West Village.Regarding memory,do you recall ever passing the KISS building in lower Manhattan not too far from where you lived ? 

I don't recall a KISS building.  Do you remember the location?

4 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Even though I went to a HS in the East Flatbush section of Brooklyn several students lived in Queens .One lived in Cambria Heights .I cannot recall why she went to a Brooklyn HS.

Liked riding the subway?

We used to take the 6th Ave line from Parsons Blvd in Jamaica to shop in Manhattan. 

2 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

I’ll never look at gymnastics the same way again, after the revelations of the last few years. 
Female gymnasts were such cute little sprites, so amazing with their abilities, and so enthusiastic about their sport. 
Now that I know how they suffered for it, I’m 10 times more impressed by how they handled themselves and supported each other. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Yes, I was happy to hear that she did the beam.    I think she would have really regretted it if she hadn't.    She is a very strong person, physically and emotionally.     What these athletes go thru every day of their lives for many many years is amazing.     I recently watched a show that talked about the diets of olympians.    Simone said she cannot wait to go home and have a Pizza😋

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I plan to be wearing an Hawaiian t-shirt in May when we go on our first Ovation cruise.

Definitely would love to do another Hawaii cruise, coolest thing I ever saw on a cruise ship is we passed one of the islands after dinner about 10 pm and there was a active volcano pouring a river of red lava into the ocean, captain turned the ship around so anyone in a balcony could see it, we were in top deck , if was magnificent. 

• Like 6

5 hours ago, HBE4 said:

It is. And at the same time, numbing...and normal. Actually, it's been a roller coaster of every emotion under the sun. Depends on the day or hour.

I understand. I've gone though this with patients' families. One minute they hold onto hope. The next minute they wish it was over. And, then a whole gamut of emotions in between.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, Lionesss said:

I have attempted to post the same story twice from My stupid phone and it is lost in space.

Anyone else having problems from their smart/stupid phone?

Stay healthy

I've lately had issues with my phone browser freezing. It only seems to happen in this website.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

My smart/stupid phone can't access CC for some bizarre reason.  Always let's me know "there is a network error, please try again later". 

I rarely ever get on C.C. with anything other than my phone.