Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

19 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

My rocket must of crashed.😁

Looks like they changed from a big rocket that is the same size as our picture (and therefore took up a lot of space) to a little rocket that now overlaps with our picture.  If you hover over the rocket, you'll see a ranking based on number of posts.  I'm guessing that the rockets may eventually become different colors based on ranking rather than all being the same.

Edit: I like that the smaller rocket icon takes up less space, but it now hides the "B" in my Bills logo.  Oh well.  If that's my biggest problem...

Edited by bobmacliberty
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I like that the smaller rocket icon takes up less space, but it now hides the "B" in my Bills logo.  Oh well.  If that's my biggest problem...

My rocket returned to earth. Not sure if I'm a fan. I'd rather see people's profile pics than a status symbol.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Whenever I'm visiting family in Houston, I make sure that is pretty much all I eat, alternating back and forth between the two. In fact, it's ruined eating Mexican food here in NY for me as I now find it to be boring.

But I still don't know the difference between Mexican food and Tex-Mex. I'm not sure there is a difference?

I have been in Texas for about 40 years and I also don’t know the difference between Tex-mex and Mexican, have also had lots of meals in Mexico. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, jagsfan said:

In 1959. Drove up for my grandparents’ 50th wedding anniversary. We spent Christmas and half the summer with them every year. I have fo many memories of their neighborhood. 
I understand it  changed dramatically, though, and they moved to Massapequa near one of my uncles. Evidently their neighbors all scattered farther out on the island. 
Any time I went to LI after that, it was to Massapequa. 

Even though I went to a HS in the East Flatbush section of Brooklyn several students lived in Queens .One lived in Cambria Heights .I cannot recall why she went to a Brooklyn HS.

6 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

@Coralc

I'm with you.

We also had some days of "freedom" since June 15th, but the "freedom" didn't last...

I'm due for the 3rd shot tomorrow, among growing fears that this year, just like last year, we'll be in total lockdown for the High Holidays (Jewish New Year, etc.).

Someone quipped re: this thread "what lockdown" ???? ..... might be the fourth one, but who is counting 😢

My synagogue will be open but also allow for Zoom services.My wife and I will zoom .My daughter and family who live near us will go. It is a 1 mile walk .

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Looks like the rockets 🚀 have flown away.

I was wondering the same thing. I don't have a rocket ship. I have what looks like a text message bubble next to everyone's post count. But when I click on it, it just takes me to the persons profile.

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

Dani and Coralc, sorry for you guys but I have a feeling NY will be next.

Rather than mask-up, New York - well, at least NYC - is going to require proof of vaccination to dine indoors, entertainment venues & gym. Let's see how long that will last. The short-timer in Albany never likes what the short-timer in Gracie Mansion does and will probably go in the opposite direction.

EDIT TO ADD: Starting Sept 16th

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Glad to see you posting 🌼

I was replying to this when they took the site down for the rocket upgrade.

Thanks! I do drop in every few days or once a week to read. Well, just kinda skim thru since there is usually 15+ pages of unread postings. Then I get hungry reading & looking at pics of food so I leave again. 😉😁

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, singinalot said:

ooh I wonder if that means we’ll soon be able to direct message someone

That would be a very welcome addition.  I've heard that the underlying software that CC uses has DM capability but CC hasn't turned it on.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, singinalot said:

ooh I wonder if that means we’ll soon be able to direct message someone

1 minute ago, dani negreanu said:

Just tried to "message" you -- the feature is still disabled.

Figures CC gives us a feature that does not work.  Very RCL IT-like of them. 😄

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

That would be a very welcome addition.  I've heard that the underlying software that CC uses has DM capability but CC hasn't turned it on.

That would be fantastic.Every other internet cruise board had a PM feature.Many people would like to exchange e-mail addresses but not on a public board.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Rather than mask-up, New York - well, at least NYC - is going to require proof of vaccination to dine indoors, entertainment venues & gym. Let's see how long that will last. The short-timer in Albany never likes what the short-timer in Gracie Mansion does and will probably go in the opposite direction.

Supposedly the METS were going to require proof of vaccinations but that never happened.

1 minute ago, lenquixote66 said:

Supposedly the METS were going to require proof of vaccinations but that never happened.

I just went back and edited my post. The requirement will start Sept 16th. A lot can happen between now and then.

The Yankees did have vaccinated and non-vaccinated sections. Back in late May I think. Lasted a whole week. Nobody was checking so I guess it was on the honor system.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I do drop in every few days or once a week to read.  ..... Then I get hungry reading & looking at pics of food so I leave again. 😉😁

Pls. continue to drop by [but only after eating a po'boy sandwich 😉].

Eager for encouraging news. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I guess it was on the honor system

The Delta variant doesn't "acknowledge" the honor system, as well as the double-waxed.

An Israeli sports reporter from the UEFA European Football Championship [London, UK] got sick, while being in the stands and 2-waxed.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Eager for encouraging news. 

If only I had some to share.  No significant change in either direction, good or bad.  17 weeks of waiting and continue to wait we will.

Thank you for asking.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

An Israeli sports reporter from the UEFA European Football Championship [London, UK] got sick, while being in the stands and 2-waxed.

Great idea.  Never thought of putting 2 coats of wax on my body to prevent infection.  I'll need to give that a try. 🤣🤣🤣

Sorry Dani...I couldn't resist.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2