Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 hours ago, HBE4 said:

I meant to reply to your earlier Olympics post when the site came down for maintenance.  

I'm usually an Olympics junkie. Both winter and summer and I enjoy watching sports I would not normally watch. Swimming, beach volleyball and gymnastics are my favorites.  Along with some of the more traditional track and field ones. 3-on-3 basketball?? ***** is that a sport for???

Anyways,  this year I just can't get into it. Watched a little bit here and there but not too much. I thought it might be my personal situation but I know others that feel that way too. Not sure why. Maybe it's the covid lockdown hangover?  Going out while we still can?? 

Having said that, I'm glad Simone Biles got back to competing at least for one event. Good for her. Fair or not, I do think the GOAT label got to her and she crumbled a bit but she never sulked, never moody,  cheered on her team mates, answered all the questions with professionalism and was the picture of a classy athlete.  Glad to see she got to go out on a high note. 

My favorite Olympic sports are the ones you listed. For me, an almost empty stadium, no cheering the athletes routines and medal ceremonies was a let down.  Almost made it seem like practice sessions. 

I hope your personal situation improves and you can once again enjoy what in the past made you happy.

I agree totally with what you said about Simone Biles.  She is one class act.

And when you have time, please pop in here from time to time. 

35 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I rarely ever get on C.C. with anything other than my phone.

I usually prefer my laptop since it's way easier for me to type.  I just would love the option of  using my cell phone since most of my pictures are on it.  I have no idea what's wrong. When I click the app it goes to a CC logo page but the I get that network error message.😟

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

My favorite Olympic sports are the ones you listed. For me, an almost empty stadium, no cheering the athletes routines and medal ceremonies was a let down.  Almost made it seem like practice sessions. 

I hope your personal situation improves and you can once again enjoy what in the past made you happy.

I usually prefer my laptop since it's way easier for me to type.  I just would love the option of  using my cell phone since most of my pictures are on it.  I have no idea what's wrong. When I click the app it goes to a CC logo page but the I get that network error message.😟

I never use, or liked, the app. I even deleted it. I much prefer opening a browser and going to the website.

• Like 1

We're all packed and ready to head out early tomorrow morning for the wilds of NJ.  My daughter and son in law have been busy fixing up the in law suite where we'll stay for approx. 2-3 weeks.

Unfortunately, we are taking a supply of face masks and proof of vaccination. 😒  And so it goes.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, George C said:

Definitely would love to do another Hawaii cruise, coolest thing I ever saw on a cruise ship is we passed one of the islands after dinner about 10 pm and there was a active volcano pouring a river of red lava into the ocean, captain turned the ship around so anyone in a balcony could see it, we were in top deck , if was magnificent. 

The Captain on our Hawaiian cruise did the same for us.  I envied those on deck who had cameras that could zoom in for close-up pictures. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

The Captain on our Hawaiian cruise did the same for us.  I envied those on deck who had cameras that could zoom in for close-up pictures. 

We also didn’t film it , but vividly remember the steam rising from the ocean when the lava hit it. Also on a excursion there had a pod of dolphins follow our small tour boat for over 15 mins, islands are gorgeous. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I never use, or liked, the app. I even deleted it. I much prefer opening a browser and going to the website.

I only use my Chromebook for CC.  I didn't do well with the app either, and deleted it.  On another note, I've actually been logged in for several days now, without CC telling me to log in!!

8 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

We're all packed and ready to head out early tomorrow morning for the wilds of NJ.  My daughter and son in law have been busy fixing up the in law suite where we'll stay for approx. 2-3 weeks.

Unfortunately, we are taking a supply of face masks and proof of vaccination. 😒  And so it goes.

Have a safe trip, and a wonderful 3 weeks with your daughter and son in law, Bonnie and Jack!

31 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

I havent been able to quote posts tonight.  Keeps freezing up on my phone.  Reminds me of royals IT.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Safe travels

4 minutes ago, George C said:

We also didn’t film it , but vividly remember the steam rising from the ocean when the lava hit it. Also on a excursion there had a pod of dolphins follow our small tour boat for over 15 mins, islands are gorgeous. 

Yes, the Islands of Hawaii are gorgeous!  When we were in Maui, we got ripped off by a cab driver who said he could bring us to one of the beaches for the day.  I don't remember the price, it was quite high..there were six of us in the van.  It took a while to get there, hence the amount he charged,  He gave us his phone # and said he'd come to take us back to the ship when we were ready.  We swam for an hour or so, and began talking to someone who lived in the area.  We told him what we'd paid, and he told us we'd been taken for a ride (literally!)  He told us the bus was something like $1.00 each, and it would take us back to the ship.  So....we called the cab driver to come get us;  meanwhile, we got on the bus,  for what turned out to be a short ride from the beach.

George, the only time we see dolphins is when we're at the beach in Naples😁.That must've been such a great experience to have the pod of dolphins follow your boat!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

Is that south or noth Nj?  That's great they have an in law suite for you to stay.

Hopefully you wont need to wear mask often.  Safe travels😊

Ps, first time in awhile it didnt freeze on my while quoting.    I logged off and back on, maybe that's all it needed.

51 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I havent been able to quote posts tonight.  Keeps freezing up on my phone.  Reminds me of royals IT.

I tried quoting posts twice and they disappeared.  This one will probably disappear as well but thought 3 times might be the charm.

• Like 2

Several years ago on grandeur I was eating breakfast at WJ, which is front of ship on Grandeur, and must have been at least 75 dolphins playing alongside and in front of the ship.  

Of course I didnt have my camera or phone with me but will never forget how beautiful the dolphins were that day.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Is that south or noth Nj?  That's great they have an in law suite for you to stay.

Hopefully you wont need to wear mask often.  Safe travels😊

Ps, first time in awhile it didnt freeze on my while quoting.    I logged off and back on, maybe that's all it needed.

Thank you.  We'll be in Passaic County and spend time in Rockland County visiting friends.

57 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Safe travels

Thank you.

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

I only use my Chromebook for CC.  I didn't do well with the app either, and deleted it.  On another note, I've actually been logged in for several days now, without CC telling me to log in!!

Have a safe trip, and a wonderful 3 weeks with your daughter and son in law, Bonnie and Jack!

Thank you, Maryann. 

We usually see dolphins frolicking when we leave Galveston port on a cruise.  Delightful site.

Third time I tried posting all of this.  I sure hope the other 2 don't pop up.

Edited by BonTexasNY
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I changed after getting home tonight and I'm wearing my Navigator of the Seas t-shirt right now.

😂

Love that ship have sailed her 3 times all great cruises.

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

I, too, have great memories that were made on Navigator.

I am booked on the Navigator for Nov. 19th; her first sailing out of the West Coast.  Have been on her before, even have a crystal block....so happy to see RCCL returning to the West Coast after 10 years!

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, taznremmy said:

😂

I am booked on the Navigator for Nov. 19th; her first sailing out of the West Coast.  Have been on her before, even have a crystal block....so happy to see RCCL returning to the West Coast after 10 years!

Enjoy the anticipation!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Have a great trip 😁

I use my iPad most of the time.  When I have a pic on my Samsung phone and want to send it to my iPad I use an app called Send Anywhere.  I bet it would work to send pics from your phone to the pc.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Several years ago on grandeur I was eating breakfast at WJ, which is front of ship on Grandeur, and must have been at least 75 dolphins playing alongside and in front of the ship.  

Of course I didnt have my camera or phone with me but will never forget how beautiful the dolphins were that day.

LOL :classic_biggrin: We were on Monarch going down to Mexico and there were about 75 in a herd and leaping out of the water as they traveled. We were in the Schooner. And one of the young Kansas City guys pointed and yelled "Whales!" . It was beautiful to watch them. And we laughed. It was his first time ever seeing the ocean. His KC company had brought everyone onboard for a company getaway and team building. :classic_biggrin:

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I use my iPad most of the time.  When I have a pic on my Samsung phone and want to send it to my iPad I use an app called Send Anywhere.  I bet it would work to send pics from your phone to the pc.

Yeah, me too.  I have the largest most recent IPad Pro with the (I think they call it) the magic keyboard and the Apple Pencil.  I have a 2 year old MacBook Pro that I use for actual video editing and stuff,  but my daily tool is my IPad Pro.  Since I have a keyboard I type.  I am not a good or fast texter, so I would absolutely hate doing the garbage I spew on an Iphone.😃

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

Yeah, me too.  I have the largest most recent IPad Pro with the (I think they call it) the magic keyboard and the Apple Pencil.  I have a 2 year old MacBook Pro that I use for actual video editing and stuff,  but my daily tool is my IPad Pro.  Since I have a keyboard I type.  I am not a good or fast texter, so I would absolutely hate doing the garbage I spew on an Iphone.😃

Can't you do voice to text? Although, I typically don't.

16 minutes ago, Coralc said:

LOL :classic_biggrin: We were on Monarch going down to Mexico and there were about 75 in a herd and leaping out of the water as they traveled. We were in the Schooner. And one of the young Kansas City guys pointed and yelled "Whales!" . It was beautiful to watch them. And we laughed. It was his first time ever seeing the ocean. His KC company had brought everyone onboard for a company getaway and team building. :classic_biggrin:

That's a fun story / great memories to share.

• Thanks 1