Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

I am surprised nobody is mentioning The Olympics?  I can't wait for Simone Biles on the balance beam tomorrow.  With a14 hour time difference, hard to know when the result will trickle in.

Her teammates did exceptional, each winning an individual medal. 

I could not believe what a sore loser that tennis player was who expected gold, didn't medal and threw his racket and broke it in anger.  Then you have Simone Biles who showed exceptional sportsmanship cheering her team on to win the medals she might have won herself.

• Like 5

On 7/28/2021 at 5:47 PM, singinalot said:

yes! we definitely are. I can’t wait!!!!

We leave October 4. 

We definitely considered a cruise, but we decided we’d like to see some of the other islands and spend more time in each. Our itinerary: 3 days Milos, 4 days Santorini, 3 days Naxos. 

784C6CFE-5102-48F9-BE0E-A295886F68C3.jpeg

Have you seen the newest? Greece is a new hot point for covid. Do you have any info? 

7 hours ago, Coralc said:

I'm depressed again. The SF Bay Area counties have gone back to mask mandates as of midnight tonight. :classic_sad:

7 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

My friends living in Berkeley will not be happy.

7 hours ago, Coralc said:

Thank you Crystal. I am so tired of this up and down and stupid pandemic and changing cruise requirements and this high level of uncertainty. :classic_rolleyes:

7 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I hate that you have to go through that again. Bummer.

6 hours ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Me, too.  They let us have a little taste of freedom since June 15th and now they take it away.  Hate working out with a mask on.  You can't breath.

@Coralc

I'm with you.

We also had some days of "freedom" since June 15th, but the "freedom" didn't last...

I'm due for the 3rd shot tomorrow, among growing fears that this year, just like last year, we'll be in total lockdown for the High Holidays (Jewish New Year, etc.).

Someone quipped re: this thread "what lockdown" ???? ..... might be the fourth one, but who is counting 😢

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Coralc said:

I'm depressed again. The SF Bay Area counties have gone back to mask mandates as of midnight tonight. :classic_sad:

I will hate to have to take my grandson back to the Bay Area the end of next week, especially since he has enjoyed a more than normal summer here in PA.  I don’t understand them lumping all those ares under that mandate, since the county he lives in is over 93% vaccinated, and at 98% in their immediate census tract area.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

@Coralc

I'm with you.

We also had some days of "freedom" since June 15th, but the "freedom" didn't last...

I'm due for the 3rd shot tomorrow, among growing fears that this year, just like last year, we'll be in total lockdown for the High Holidays (Jewish New Year, etc.).

Someone quipped re: this thread "what lockdown" ???? ..... might be the fourth one, but who is counting 😢

Best wishes for tomorrow Dani.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, jagsfan said:

Niles Crane was a fabulous character on Frazier. The whole cast was a great ensemble, but he cracked us up. 
His scene with the ironing board starts us laughing if we mention it. 

That scene is legendary. Not a word was spoken for 3 or 4 minutes, yet it was hysterical.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Some comedy shows we left out…. Get Smart….We missed it by that much.  Hogan’s Heroes…. I see Nothing.  McHale’s Navy.  Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In….You bet your sweet bippy.

All of these are goodies.  I grew up watching all of them.  I wasnt so much into Hogans Hereos but my Dad and Brother were and back then we only had one TV for family to share.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, George C said:

When I was young some 60 years ago my 90 year old Sicilian grandmother would occasionally make home made pizza , it was amazing, in my 20’s I lived in a Italian neighborhood called Caroll gardens, local bakery sold home made Sicilian pizza also along with the best Italian bread .I love living in Dallas area but do miss NYC food which is the best ( except for barbecue and Mexican which is better in Texas )

Whenever I'm visiting family in Houston, I make sure that is pretty much all I eat, alternating back and forth between the two. In fact, it's ruined eating Mexican food here in NY for me as I now find it to be boring.

But I still don't know the difference between Mexican food and Tex-Mex. I'm not sure there is a difference?

• Like 1

On 7/31/2021 at 11:09 AM, lenquixote66 said:

I never discuss politics on public boards .Not every POTUS has a library open to the public but most do have a historical site,not all.

In my opinion discussing a library or a historical site is not a political discussion.

Ok, you have the right to have no clue.😂🙄

13 hours ago, Coralc said:

I went into the neighborhood market on the way to work Friday morning and they made me put on a mask, even after I told them I was vaccinated.  

I feel bad for you poor Californians.  There was a thought we would attend a conference in September or October in San Diego at La Costa resort, the folks running it have gone silent.  I imagine it is because of the changes in this, and they are trying to figure out what the rules will be in California then.  I was looking forward to golf.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I just noticed the new rocket ship icon near our names.  Looks likes it is supposed to be related to how many posts you have but they all seem to be the same.

I didn’t notice it until you mentioned it. Must not be total post since mine is much lower than most here.  I noticed earlier I was locked out while they upgraded the site.  Looks like they are rounding off the number of post over 1,000 and there is a quote symbol.