Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

10 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

It’s going to be a very long day.  DH has his routine colonoscopy tomorrow and is fasting today, starting prep this afternoon. And it’s pouring rain.  Pray for me, LOL.  

Why, do you have DH insured for lots and lots? 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

is fasting today, starting prep this afternoon.

One of our friends is a "gastro" doc, and I keep asking him for an "easier" preparation.... NONE.

But I've learned one thing -- 1st time I took an appointment at 5PM, thinking that I hate to wake up early... It was awful, I was hungry and beyond grouchy...

Lesson learned - only early morning appointments work for me -- it's easier to spend the night sleeping instead of being "aware" of fasting.

Good luck to Andy tomorrow, with nothing found...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

It’s going to be a very long day.  DH has his routine colonoscopy tomorrow and is fasting today, starting prep this afternoon. And it’s pouring rain.  Pray for me, LOL.  

29 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

The worst part. I hate drinking that stuff. Hoping for great results and a well desired meal afterwards.

Agree, the prep is the worst part, never a good day ☹

• Like 7

38 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

One of our friends is a "gastro" doc, and I keep asking him for an "easier" preparation.... NONE.

But I've learned one thing -- 1st time I took an appointment at 5PM, thinking that I hate to wake up early... It was awful, I was hungry and beyond grouchy...

Lesson learned - only early morning appointments work for me -- it's easier to spend the night sleeping instead of being "aware" of fasting.

Yep, first appointment.  Then late breakfast.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I don't know if anyone who has had a colonoscopy has had this experience but some doctors will do conscious sedation (you are awake but don't remember) or sedate you completely with a drug like propofol (Michael Jackson drug). The first time I had the procedure they did conscious sedation which was weird because you are awake but I did not remember anything but felt drugged afterwards and wanted to just go home and sleep and not eat. I figured after fasting for 24 hours I would be starving. I felt cruddy the whole day. The second time was with propofol which was amazing. I woke up alert, feeling well rested and was very hungry so we went out to lunch. Felt great the whole day. If you have it done and your insurance will pay for propofol by all means do it.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I forgot to post these pics from last weekend. We had a great lunch on Saturday at Castle Hill Inn in Newport with 2 of our DD’s, SIL and 2 granddaughters.  

E395F65D-A3C6-4AE0-A761-8B08D0B8D05B.jpeg

CF5D78E6-8680-49AC-8692-748D64262BCB.jpeg

Totally adorable! And Lilly fans already too!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, George C said:

There are many of these Axe throwing places in Dallas , what I find funny is they are all byob , what could go wrong with drinking and throwing a axe?

The only time I tried ax throwing was during an Octoberfest in Nashville.  

Octoberfest, where the main objective is to drink copious amounts of beer, in the biggest party city this side of Las Vegas.  Thankfully, security was on top of things, turning away people who could barely walk, much less throw sharp objects. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I don't know if anyone who has had a colonoscopy has had this experience but some doctors will do conscious sedation (you are awake but don't remember) or sedate you completely with a drug like propofol (Michael Jackson drug). The first time I had the procedure they did conscious sedation which was weird because you are awake but I did not remember anything but felt drugged afterwards and wanted to just go home and sleep and not eat. I figured after fasting for 24 hours I would be starving. I felt cruddy the whole day. The second time was with propofol which was amazing. I woke up alert, feeling well rested and was very hungry so we went out to lunch. Felt great the whole day. If you have it done and your insurance will pay for propofol by all means do it.

Propofol = best sleep ever.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I don't know if anyone who has had a colonoscopy has had this experience but some doctors will do conscious sedation (you are awake but don't remember) or sedate you completely with a drug like propofol .

1 minute ago, HBE4 said:

Propofol = best sleep ever.

Agree, and it's SOP here 😉

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Hopefully everything will go well with the colonoscopy.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

I am likely the only person who has never had a problem with a colonoscopy prep .I actually enjoy the taste of the product I use,Magnesium Citrate,lemon flavored.

Edited by lenquixote66
  • Like 5

39 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I did they partial sedation.  I think they call it twilight sedation.  Last thing that I remember was talking to the Doctor in the procedure room.  Then my wife and a nurse were talking to me in the recovery room.

18 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I am likely the only person who has never had a problem with a colonoscopy prep .I actually enjoy the taste of the product I use,Magnesium Citrate,lemon flavored.

It's not the taste that's I don't like...it's the volume of liquid that I need to drink.  That and the need to remain close to a bathroom at all times.  😲

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I did they partial sedation.  I think they call it twilight sedation.  Last thing that I remember was talking to the Doctor in the procedure room.  Then my wife and a nurse were talking to me in the recovery room.

It's not the taste that's I don't like...it's the volume of liquid that I need to drink.  That and the need to remain close to a bathroom at all times.  😲

I am on too many medications for too many medical problems.All of the medications I take cause constipation necessitating me to use Miralax every other day,My GI doctor told me that if I am still constipated after 3 days to use Magnesium Citrate which I have had to use quite a few times.It is similiar to doing a Colonoscopy prep.

10 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I have no idea how it works but they said they were talking to me during the procedure. I don't remember anything.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Same here.  I almost wasn’t close enough. 😂 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Give him a book and his prep stuff and lock him in the bathroom. Works for me. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

My gastroenterologist has me drink Gatorade with Miralax. 
Works great and tastes better. 

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Those flowers are so beautiful. How many days to you get to use the pool? 😟

Not enough days. 😌

2 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Hahaha.  The past couple of days he was pre-grouchy just thinking about fasting.  Today he is legit grouchy.  

Talk of a Gator for yard workmight make him feel marginally better. 😉

• Like 1