Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

25 minutes ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

I know this a Royal thread , but asking for prayers and positive thoughts for passengers on Holland America Nieuw Amsterdam. The ship is currently docked  in Ketchikan, A float plane is missing and an emergency signal has been received at 1400 feet in Misty Fjords. It had been confirmed that 5 passengers from the ship were onboard. It was not a ship tour but private excursion.

The weather is poor and they are not able to get rescue craft in by air .

Departure has been delayed.

Thank you in advance for good thoughts 💔🙏

🙏

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

I wish I could, truly.

No worries, you couldn't really know, but we lost her suddenly 10 years ago to a congenital aneurysm. I miss her every day.

She is the lady with the white glasses on the right, and our "mutual" gastro doc is the 1st guy on the left.

P2273691.JPG

What a lovely group of people!

Sorry about your friend.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

I know this a Royal thread , but asking for prayers and positive thoughts for passengers on Holland America Nieuw Amsterdam. The ship is currently docked  in Ketchikan, A float plane is missing and an emergency signal has been received at 1400 feet in Misty Fjords. It had been confirmed that 5 passengers from the ship were onboard. It was not a ship tour but private excursion.

Oh that's horrible.   Everyone is in my thoughts and prayers.  If you hear an update, please let us know.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

I know this a Royal thread , but asking for prayers and positive thoughts for passengers on Holland America Nieuw Amsterdam.

That is not going to being a problem for the folks on this thread.  I am sure all are concerned for those missing.

I found an article talking about this.

https://sports.yahoo.com/alaska-plane-carrying-six-including-004647657.html

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Oh that's horrible.   Everyone is in my thoughts and prayers.  If you hear an update, please let us know.

Unfortunately it’s not good news. Per KTUU Anchorage the wreckage had been located . No survivors, 5 pax plus pilot . Ship will depart later this evening. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

I guess today was a repeat fun day, but who doesn’t like a fun day at the beach.  All three grandkids were along as we spent the day at Lake Erie.  

Even our lunch place was a repeat, but the kids enjoy this place. 

97163C60-30A3-44D4-997F-999684A016A4.thumb.jpeg.3929b36fbc27fa1c8fe8b2169c9b2883.jpeg

Somehow, building these were much easier when they were smaller.  They take so much more sand now. 

1EC0285E-9F14-4C4E-A5C8-9F3BC50B97F0.thumb.jpeg.783592376a11fc25ae5cbc0befe83a4b.jpeg

PA grandson was practicing his balance 

45D89CFA-576D-4AF4-85A9-34E0748E0642.thumb.jpeg.8ca6b6c74c3ca12f9871e8364e3addfe.jpeg

Even granddaughter had a little balance. 

2FEDEECF-0ABC-49E3-9455-5EF34EAF1556.thumb.jpeg.17fec9cf780d94daa40463813f26ced9.jpeg

It was a beautiful day with calm water.  

45283644-86B7-4CD4-9191-28982A770976.thumb.jpeg.fd0d88b22c98bdefacb6d9d332f4c25b.jpeg

Time to recharge to get ready for the next adventure.  Can’t believe only a week remains till we take him home.  

All my years of going to the beach and playing in the sand I have never seen or thought about building a sand car!

How fun is that!!   Now I want to make one🤩🧜‍♀️

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Unfortunately it’s not good news. Per KTUU Anchorage the wreckage had been located . No survivors, 5 pax plus pilot . Ship will depart later this evening. 

Heavy heart for all involved.  Very sad to hear this.  Prayers for their families.

Thank you for the update.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Thanks for the update. Just so sad.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

That’s sad to hear.  That is so tough. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

14 minutes ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

How sad, we really do need a sad reaction on posts, prayers for all.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

That's heartbreaking.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

@BonTexasNY Good to see you’re enjoying the trip.  It’s going to be so great when you get there.  Safe trip.

Thank you.   Those huge trucks on the road are menacing.   To repeat, I haven't seen my grandkids in 2 years so the anticipation level is thru the roof.  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Thank you.   Those huge trucks on the road are menacing.   To repeat, I haven't seen my grandkids in 2 years so the anticipation level is thru the roof.  

Enjoy every moment, it was 18 months for us when we saw our grandkids over memorial day, saw them last week again,  now with delta they are back in quasi lockdown.  Need this all to be over.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

6 hours ago, jagsfan said:

So many of us have flown on float planes to visit Musty Fjords!

The  exhilaration on takeoff, the excitement of seeing Alaska at its most beautiful. 
I am so sorry this day ended like it did. 

6 hours ago, taznremmy said:

It has really impacted me....been there....done that......there but for the grace of God......

So very sad. I was so intent on congratulating John on his birthday, that I didn't read the other posts until now.

I've done the same flight, and agree with @jagsfan .

However, DH wouldn't hear about boarding such a plane ["at least one of us should remain in order to take care of the kids!"], and waited patiently on the ground....

• Like 2

9 hours ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Sad news and prayers for the family.

But on the flip side, those people left this world doing something they loved. I pray their end was quick and painless.

My mom, who was in her mid 90's passed away in June. Her last four months in this world were a nightmare for her. If I had a choice of how I go,  I hope it would be quick and painless, doing something I loved, rather than what she went through, even if it was few years earlier. 

Right after a hole-in-one on the eleventh hole at the Old Course at St. Andrews would be my first choice. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DirtyDawg said:

Sad news and prayers for the family.

But on the flip side, those people left this world doing something they loved. I pray their end was quick and painless.

My mom, who was in her mid 90's passed away in June. Her last four months in this world were a nightmare for her. If I had a choice of how I go,  I hope it would be quick and painless, doing something I loved, rather than what she went through, even if it was few years earlier. 

Right after a hole-in-one on the eleventh hole at the Old Course at St. Andrews would be my first choice. 

Lightning strike to your club, like in Caddyshack 

Edited by John&LaLa