Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

Great news.  Glad it went well (assuming the polyp will be benign).  I also had some benign polyps removed.  The only negative is that they want me back again in 5 years (coming up shortly) rather than 10 to be safe.  

After I had polyps removed they had me on a 2 yr schedule, back to 5 now.  My brother, who has other issues, needs to go every year 😲.

17 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I watch it through Google Fiber on the Bravo channel but it is streamed on other services. The current season showing is Below Deck Med Season 6. The original Below Deck franchise has 8 seasons and will start airing season 9 after BD Mediterranean ends this fall. Keep in mind there is Below Deck Sailing which has 3 seasons and season 4 is filming now.

I know it's a lot. I highly recommend starting from the beginning on each franchise. You get a flow of the people and situations. It's a train wreck but a fun one at that.

I can see why it was confusing.  I get Bravo.  Looks like Monday will be all day Below Deck showing a lot of season 2 and most of season 6 including  S6E7 which says it will be the first airing.  Thanks for the help.

Edited by Ozark_Kid
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

So I have seen Below Deck a few times.  I am trying to figure out what season everyone is watching. When I search my cable it shows season 6, BD Mediterranean.  But I see that there is a season 8. I assume everyone is watching season 8. Are you watching it through an internet service like Netflix?

We are currently watching Season 6 of Below Deck Med on Bravo.    Airs on Monday nights but I always record on my DVR.  

Below Deck (regular) aired season 8 last winter, that may now be available on Netflix.  

Below Deck Sailing aired season 2 earlier this summer.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

When I was in my young 50s, I had not had a colonoscopy and neither Micheline nor I had a will.  I told a friend of mine to keep bugging me until I got both taken care of.  He did his job VERY well and I got both done primarily to shut him up!

I cannot remember being in my 50’s as I sit here wearing my St.Croix shirt.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

We finished our 2nd day of travel and are in Bristol, VA for the night.  We're 2/3 of the way to NJ.  Hot weather but clear skies, AC and plenty of water helps make it more enjoyable. We have approx. 8 hours to go until we get to hug everyone...tightly I might add.

Hardly any masks are seen. 

We had some of the best pizza ever in Germantown, TN.  Old established family owned restaurant.  Pricey but worth every penny.

Sorry no photos.  My photo sending is as bad as my quote responses. 

I'll try and send some taken of my gorgeous family in NJ.

I asked my daughter how long she wants us to stay and she said, "forever".  I might have posted that earlier but it bares repeating.

Jack said we should think about it.  To be continued but not in the foreseeable future.

Forever is a wonderful thing 😀

2 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Colonoscopy done. One polyp removed, Dr believes it to be benign but will of course be checked.  Last time he had 3 benign polyps removed, so 🤞.  
He also claims he was awake for the whole procedure & watched it on the screen - paperwork shows he was given fentanyl & midazolam, so I doubt it, LOL.  
Also, last night he told me that when he got home, he wanted to order takeout - clam chowder, stuffed clams and a fried clam roll.  He had 2 sips of water when we got home, then konked out on the sofa where I imagine he’ll be for several hours.  
Oh, procedure now is that a nurse walked him out instead of allowing me to go inside. I was waiting at the exit door. He told the nurse and me he was fine, didn’t need anyone to hold onto him, then promptly walked into a handicap parking sign…and tried to get into the wrong car 🤣.

2 hours ago, helen haywood said:

That sounds like most men!

At least he did not walk into the wrong car.Ny wife and I were on vacation and I left the car to buy some snacks.I walked back and got into the wrong car.The woman seated in the car screamed.

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

2 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Colonoscopy done. One polyp removed, Dr believes it to be benign but will of course be checked.  Last time he had 3 benign polyps removed, so 🤞.  
He also claims he was awake for the whole procedure & watched it on the screen - paperwork shows he was given fentanyl & midazolam, so I doubt it, LOL.  
Also, last night he told me that when he got home, he wanted to order takeout - clam chowder, stuffed clams and a fried clam roll.  He had 2 sips of water when we got home, then konked out on the sofa where I imagine he’ll be for several hours.  
Oh, procedure now is that a nurse walked him out instead of allowing me to go inside. I was waiting at the exit door. He told the nurse and me he was fine, didn’t need anyone to hold onto him, then promptly walked into a handicap parking sign…and tried to get into the wrong car 🤣.

Hopefully you will get great results from the Biopsy and let us all know.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, akcruz said:

After I had polyps removed they had me on a 2 yr schedule, back to 5 now.  My brother, who has other issues, needs to go every year 😲.

He’s been on a 3 year schedule although this time he stretched it by about 8 or 9 months waiting for C19 situation to improve.  

In 2008 I began going to a new GI doctor.Somehow we got into a discussion about cruising ,something that he and his wife never did.On my follow up visit he said he told his wife about the cruise discussion and they decided to try cruising. Prior to the pandemic he and his wife were doing several cruises a year.When he knows that I will be in his office he makes sure to ask where we cruised to since my last visit .Beside being a cruise enthusiast he is a wonderful doctor.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I cannot remember being in my 50’s as I sit here wearing my St.Croix shirt.

St Croix! I hope my ship docks and I get to go this time. Since the past three times it has been touch and go: medical emergency onboard , tides, yada yada, Royal and Celebrity have run out of excuses. And now protocols: if unvaccinated passengers on board no USVI so I don't know how Celebrity will handle that. Not a word from them yet.

I badly want that t shirt!😁😆Wish me luck.

Edited by Arzeena
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Thanks.  I was finding it there but there being seasons after season 6 made me think it was just showing reruns.

Don't get confused...

Below Deck started with a season one

Below Deck Med started with a season one.

Below Deck Sailing Yacht started with a season one.

Each of those segments has its own numbering sequence.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

St Croix! I hope my ship docks and I get to go this time. Since the past three times it has been touch and go: medical emergency onboard , tides, yada yada, Royal and Celebrity have run out of excuses. And now protocols: if unvaccinated passengers on board no USVI so I don't know how Celebrity will handle that. Not a word from them yet.

There was a nice beach bar a few hundred yards from where the ship docked in St Croix 

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

The best thing about St.Croix is that a former back up singer with The Platters owns a Tour Company on the island and she personally gives tours.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Ok, which island shirt are we all wearing tomorrow? I have my Adventure if the Seas t-shirt in right now.🙂

Tomorrow will not be an island tee shirt.For my birthday 2 weeks ago my son in laws bought me a Jacob deGrom jersey.I never had a jersey for baseball and they knew I always wanted one.I will be wearing that tomorrow.On Sunday I will be wearing a METS tee shirt that they gave me .

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

I have labadee

I have shirts from nearly every Caribbean island including the private ones.

When I am on a cruise I wear a tee shirt from the port we dock in and when people try and sell me things I just point to the shirt and they know I have been there before.

• Like 4