Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

14 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

It was 106F today, as we travelled to have lunch at my DS2's house....

We're repairing the concrete pylons supporting our balcony (corrosion), and all our house is full of dust. It is the 1st time my DIL is preparing a meal for us, and it was, surprisingly, quite tasty.

We're having a heavy heat wave, and I'm sorry for the workers outside. We're constantly providing them cold water, chunks of water melon and.... lots and lots of black coffee, since they're Palestinians.

It was the appointment made one month ago by the concrete "renewal" expert. He couldn't have expected such a bad weather.

20210804_172415.jpg

Wow that is hot Dani.

I'm sure you will be glad when the work is completed.

Pleased you had a lovely meal at your son's house.

Take care.

Graham.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

My most commented on T-shirt is from Sloppy Joe's in Key West. I pretty much wear it once a week

I also have a sloppy Joe’s tank top, I have loads of Buffalo bills tank tops and polo shirts and I almost always get comments on those for some reason.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Horse with no Name

I have a minimal knowledge about bands, just a few like Queen and Abba, but the name of the song "rang a bell", and I just heard it [again] on youtube.

Someone mentioned: "A timeless classic. This song will last for 1000 years and more."

I wholeheartedly agree.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, dani negreanu said:

I have a minimal knowledge about bands, just a few like Queen and Abba, but the name of the song "rang a bell", and I just heard it [again] on youtube.

Someone mentioned: "A timeless classic. This song will last for 1000 years and more."

I wholeheartedly agree.

Look up Sister Golden Hair

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

I wholeheartedly agree.

Neil Young had a huge hit with Horse With No Name

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Look up Sister Golden Hair

That’s my favorite America song , I do love there CD of covers called Back Pages, I mentioned I loved this Dylan cover and Jerry Beckley told me that his partner Dewey worked extremely hard on that Dylan song. 

We just got an email that one of us, didn’t say who, was selected for Volunteers of the Sea!  Didn’t say the sailing, hoping it is Oasis but since it is right here it probably isn’t 😳they said to expect an email soon.

Edited by DaniDanielle
  • Like 4