Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

8 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Daddy's home!

So much to respond to about music and records but I will not get into everything I love about music because I would writes many paragraphs. Music is my life and what I live for. 

Music is a very big part of my life too and for reasons that would take forever to explain.

• Like 3

When we lived in Ohio, we had a constant problem with Canadian Geese slowly walking across a road and blocking traffic (build a net!).  I had this problem pulling out of my neighborhood yesterday:

IMG_7418.thumb.JPG.543a251bd830d6694e47475124d828b3.JPG

We have a peacock who lives in our neighborhood.  He struts around like he owns the place.  Not something that I would have expected. 

• Like 13
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good evening everyone.

My football team Sunderland won on the first day of the season today so I'm happy.

It was 66°F today and cloudy but we did have some heavy downpours of rain.

We went to the cemetery and Pauline put fresh flowers on her grandparents and baby brothers graves.

We then went to the beach car park with a picnic of Prawn and smoked salmon sandwiches and had an enjoyable 3 hours looking out to sea.

Vinyl records are quite popular again in England.

I hope everyone has a nice day.

Graham.

Screenshot_20210807_203853.jpg

A really good takeaway meal in the car can be such a nice cozy experience!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I have them grown in my mulch in past years but not the last 2 years.  They are really strange looking and feel wierd and I think they were slimy when I pulled to remove them.    Gross!  Is the best way to describe

I have squash growing out of one of my compost piles.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Dani,

Thank you so much!  My heart jumped when I saw this!  How amazing that you know or remember my birthday.  I am so touched.  You are one special lady!  ❤️

Happy birthday wishes from me too.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I remember when I learned that Eric Clapton’s songs “Wonderful Tonight” and “Layla” ( the original, not that travesty he later recorded) in addition to George Harrison’s “Something in the Way She Moves” we’re all about Patty Boyd I thought she must have been an amazing woman!  Then I read her autobiography.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

The signature Margherita on the left for Micheline and the weekly special Philly Cheesesteak on the right for me.

Both look amazing, and I'm sure I'll finish the Margherita in one "swoop", but when looking at my screen, it seems to me that the Margherita is on my right?

Right?? 😉

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Both look amazing, and I'm sure I'll finish the Margherita in one "swoop", but when looking at my screen, it seems to me that the Margherita is on my right?

Right?? 😉

Correct. I got my left and right mixed up. Margherita is in the right. 🤪

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Music is a very big part of my life too and for reasons that would take forever to explain.

Completely Understand. The closest I've come to documenting the music in my life was this 2014 entry into my blog, "The Ten Albums That Changed My Life."

https://gregslounge.blogspot.com/2014/03/the-ten-albums-that-changed-my-life.html

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Completely Understand. The closest I've come to documenting the music in my life was this 2014 entry into my blog, "The Ten Albums That Changed My Life."

https://gregslounge.blogspot.com/2014/03/the-ten-albums-that-changed-my-life.html

Very interesting mix of music genres.  I would have guessed something from the Beetles or the Stones, and I would have guessed wrong.  The one that surprised me was The Andy Williams Christmas Album.  That is, until I read why.  It immediately brought me back to Christmas as a kid since my parents also loved that album.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Correct. I got my left and right mixed up. Margherita is in the right. 🤪

20 years ago we went to Brandi’s in Naples where the margarita pizza was first made in 1700’s it was bar far best pizza we ever had. It was featured in Tucci’s special on cnn.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I would have guessed something from the Beetles or the Stones, and I would have guessed wrong. 

Most people are surprised that they were never on my radar at the time. As I got older I grew to appreciate their music, especially the Beatles. It was at the time I just preferred to listen to other groups. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Very interesting mix of music genres.  I would have guessed something from the Beetles or the Stones, and I would have guessed wrong.  The one that surprised me was The Andy Williams Christmas Album.  That is, until I read why.  It immediately brought me back to Christmas as a kid since my parents also loved that album.

Sinatra Christmas album was always my favorite since I was a little kid, I love watching the Dean Martin Christmas special every year with his family and Sinatra family it is available on YouTube, was lucky enough to see Sinatra several times in New York, Dallas and Vegas , was supposed to see Dean Martin with Sinatra but Dean canceled and was replaced with Liza , Sammy Davis was there also , he was amazing. 

• Like 2