Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

15 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

The greatest praise a grandparent can get !!!!!

So far we've only got the older grandson (5) to stay with us for the day, and by 4pm he's "missing his parents"....😢

When we first flew out to get him, we were not sure he would even get on the plane to come here with us.  He had never even spent a night away from his parents.  He made a very easy transition.  

Maybe he is sad to leave because he knows school starts next week, and the fun will be over. 😂

• Like 2

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

I agree that this is a fast moving thread. After a full day yesterday, by the time I got caught up, I was too tired to even post.  

We spent the day on the lake for some boating, fishing, and swimming.  I guess it is true that you get soft in old age when you let grandkids bring fishing poles on a ski boat.  Granddaughter made the first catch, but her brother had to take it off the hook. 

E195157F-00DB-44B0-BC64-D7BCB89BFE94.thumb.jpeg.3fecb35185e7160acbf773f42b24f7a7.jpeg

One thing we accomplished this summer was to help our CA grandson overcome his fear of water.  His parents were ecstatic when we sent them a video of him swimming around on his own yesterday. 

3444092C-B98B-4AB4-B4CB-9C3F2195F1E8.thumb.jpeg.fc5c3a13270ea7a12cd25531aa4744b4.jpeg

This is our last week with him before we take him back to California.  He told his parents last night he would be sad to leave here. 

Have a great day everyone. 

Since both of you will be sad when he leaves, I'm available🤪

That's great he got over his fear of water.  He will forever remember this special summer with you.🥰

• Like 5

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

I agree that this is a fast moving thread. After a full day yesterday, by the time I got caught up, I was too tired to even post.  

We spent the day on the lake for some boating, fishing, and swimming.  I guess it is true that you get soft in old age when you let grandkids bring fishing poles on a ski boat.  Granddaughter made the first catch, but her brother had to take it off the hook. 

E195157F-00DB-44B0-BC64-D7BCB89BFE94.thumb.jpeg.3fecb35185e7160acbf773f42b24f7a7.jpeg

One thing we accomplished this summer was to help our CA grandson overcome his fear of water.  His parents were ecstatic when we sent them a video of him swimming around on his own yesterday. 

3444092C-B98B-4AB4-B4CB-9C3F2195F1E8.thumb.jpeg.fc5c3a13270ea7a12cd25531aa4744b4.jpeg

This is our last week with him before we take him back to California.  He told his parents last night he would be sad to leave here. 

Have a great day everyone. 

My  brother and I spent every summer with our grandparents and it was wonderful. We have the best memories as we were the only grandchildren and very spoiled. It was the simple but things that kept us happy. Fishing, playing in the creek, shucking corn on the front porch, puzzles, and going into town when necessary. 

• Like 5

On 8/7/2021 at 2:57 PM, lenquixote66 said:

Do you remember your first vinyl ?

I remember Paul Anka's Greatest Hits 33 1/3.

On 8/7/2021 at 3:16 PM, lenquixote66 said:

I have tee shirts that I get comments from.One is from a burger place in Ca.,In and Out burgers.

I also have message shirts such as Cats Are People Too .

My BIL has a Ben's Deli t-***** "The longer it hangs the better the taste" with a picture of a salami.

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Your granddaughter looks a bit like mine, especially when yours wears sunglasses. Both super cutechanbrod.thumb.jpg.6815f642e098b9f80ed1cf2e08f4ea0f.jpg

• Like 7

We made it to NJ and having the best time.  Bbq for my son in law's mom's bday that lasted from 2 - 9pm.  Weather was perfection.  Had a fire pit when the sun went down.  I felt like I was back at summer camp.  Wish we had marshmellows to toast. Had multiple glasses of Moscato and fruit flavored  alcohol seltzer. So good to be here.  In-law suite has lots of work yet but it's nice to be close by in our own apt.  They redid the bathroom, decorated the bedroom, fridge in working order and for a 2 week visit that's all we need.  

In my previous post, not sure why the word after"t" was starred by cruise critic?  Maybe I made an oopsie typo and left out the "r"? I doubt it because the amount of stars would be the correct word.

BTW, great music chat!  I had a friend that went to Woodstock and he said it was a dirty,  sometimes naked drug fest. His critique was a mixed bag. Did not care for the environment but the music was amazing. 

• Like 14

14 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I see Andrew's family is going low carb.

LOL

14 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I’ll have a bite of each please!

All gone. 

13 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

What a great selection. Are you full?

I was, but after seeing the photos again I might have a bit of space remaining.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Today was "Nantucket" for me. It's an island off Massachusetts that I grew up on.

"I knew a man that was from there".............

I will leave the rest to those that understand what that means, since I don't want to play Monopoly.

• Like 4
  • Haha 6

On 8/7/2021 at 8:15 AM, dani negreanu said:

@sgmn

Sue,

The long awaited and desired wedding day has finally arrived,

Wishing you a beautiful and memorable day, full of joy and happiness,

and a happy and blissful married life to your son and DIL

💐

Thank you so much Dani for your good wishes. You really are a lovely lady and I would love to be on the same cruise as you and your hubby one day. 

We have had the most amazing few days but I'm  slowly coming back down to earth 😀

I've only got the photos our friend's and family have sent us at this time but will try and post a few 

The weather was a bit rainy but it was dry enough to get some outside photos and for the evening fireworks and didn't impact on our lovely day. 

It was so great to see family and friends all together, especially after the last 18 months we've had

• Like 7

41 minutes ago, sgmn said:

It was so great to see family and friends all together, especially after the last 18 months we've had

So glad that everything went smoothly.

Such a lovely wedding.

I like your classy dress, with the see through sleeves. The fabric is gorgeous, for my DS2 I've chosen the same.

And the hat.... 🥰

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

We made it to NJ and having the best time.  Bbq for my son in law's mom's bday that lasted from 2 - 9pm.  Weather was perfection.  Had a fire pit when the sun went down.  I felt like I was back at summer camp.  Wish we had marshmellows to toast. Had multiple glasses of Moscato and fruit flavored  alcohol seltzer. So good to be here.  In-law suite has lots of work yet but it's nice to be close by in our own apt.  They redid the bathroom, decorated the bedroom, fridge in working order and for a 2 week visit that's all we need.  

In my previous post, not sure why the word after"t" was starred by cruise critic?  Maybe I made an oopsie typo and left out the "r"? I doubt it because the amount of stars would be the correct word.

BTW, great music chat!  I had a friend that went to Woodstock and he said it was a dirty,  sometimes naked drug fest. His critique was a mixed bag. Did not care for the environment but the music was amazing. 

Excellent!    Sounds perfect.   Enjoy every moment🥰

1 hour ago, sgmn said:

IMG-20210808-WA0102.jpg

IMG-20210808-WA0101.jpg

IMG-20210808-WA0074.jpg

IMG-20210808-WA0098.jpg

Ahh weddings always make me cry.     I am so happy that weather held out and didn't impact the day.     They are a handsome couple and I wish them a life of love and happiness.

You and your Husband look very beautiful and very happy to have a new Daughter🥰

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1