Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

On 8/6/2021 at 3:01 PM, dani negreanu said:

…Here they make sure you either have a "designated driver" or a taxi...

Same here. Telling them someone is coming for you won’t work. They have to actually see the person. 

@John&LaLa  I’m not sure I said this before, but if not hope you had a Happy Belated Birthday.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, xpcdoojk said:

Was it at the old Busch Stadium, say 1975 ish?  The one I went to had Jeff Beck followed by Ted Nugent, followed by Fleetwood Mac followed by Jefferson Starship. 

I wonder if this was the one you attended.image.jpeg.92fda24f6340ae362081c76f8861f432.jpeg

I had a habit of going to a lot of concerts in the 70s so I had to do some research. In the Akron/Cleveland area was Richfield Coliseum where the Cleveland Cavaliers played.  August 31,1976 is when I saw JB and JS.  They played there the day before too. The reason I know it wasn’t that day I was there was because ELO played too.  I would of remembered ELO.  I loved that band but never got to see them.

36 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

B2B😉

Kinda sorta

34 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

That’s what I told Charlie.  He is worried about his health problems and doesn’t want to be away so long. 

B2…..B sorta is what I was thinking but can understand the reasoning and concerns.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I wonder if this was the one you attended.image.jpeg.92fda24f6340ae362081c76f8861f432.jpeg

I had a habit of going to a lot of concerts in the 70s so I had to do some research. In the Akron/Cleveland area was Richfield Coliseum where the Cleveland Cavaliers played.  August 31,1976 is when I saw JB and JS.  They played there the day before too. The reason I know it wasn’t that day I was there was because ELO played too.  I would of remembered ELO.  I loved that band but never got to see them.

I love ELO and also never had one of their albums till 2 weeks ago.

2 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Am  I the only one who never watched Below The Deck ?

It's not for everyone. It has to grow on you because after all it's reality television something that I really don't care for. In this case it works for me. Yachts, the Med and good looking food is worth watching.

Edited by Sea Dog
  • Like 1

Our community has a running group/family that my wife has been part of since we moved here in 1986.  One of the runners a couple year’s ago was given a plaque for running forty 4 mile classic runs since 1978.  He ran in his last race about 4 weeks ago.  He passed away yesterday after fighting Covid.  It was a tough day for my wife and many others in the area.  They are already discussing an annual commemorative race for him.

• Like 3

Just now, Sea Dog said:

It's not for everyone. It has to grow on you because after all it's reality television something that I really don't care for. In this case it works for me. Yachts, the Med and good looking food works for me.

I am going to check it out.

I am having problems posting on CC today.

1 minute ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Our community has a running group/family that my wife has been part of since we moved here in 1986.  One of the runners a couple year’s ago was given a plaque for running forty 4 mile classic runs since 1978.  He ran in his last race about 4 weeks ago.  He passed away yesterday after fighting Covid.  It was a tough day for my wife and many others in the area.  They are already discussing an annual commemorative race for him.

Sorry for your loss.My best friend died from Covid last year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

Charlie is all for it.  Just don’t know what to do about September 5th!  Wish you were going too.

Go on the test cruise and when you get back you can figure out what you want to do about the 9.05 cruise.    Plenty of time to figure that out.      Hopefully they will do the same 50% off booze, wifi, etc like they did on Allure test cruise!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

Yes, we will probably use the September booking to switch to Anthem in January.

That's a good idea.    I like sailing Anthem in the winter.     We have an Anthem sailing booked for March and was thinking about adding one for December or January.     February we are doing b2b on Grandeur out of Barbados that is the sailing that I am really excited about. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

So sorry for your loss.   They would be very nice for the community to hold an annual race in his honor. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

It was a tough day for my wife and many others in the area.  They are already discussing an annual commemorative race for him.

So sorry for your loss The race will be a great way to honor him and keep him in peoples heart.

• Like 2