Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Sounds like we enjoy the same music. I am not sure if I know Camel unless you are talking about Frampton’s Camel.  

Camel is a group that has been around since the 70’s.I never heard of them until a few weeks ago and really liked their sound.I happened to mention it to one of my daughters.

On 8/9/2021 at 3:32 PM, jagsfan said:

Did y’all see that a US District Judge ruled for NCLH and against Florida?

NCL ships can require proof of vaccination and Gem plans to sail August 15 with 100% vaccinated passengers and crew. 

💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼 So happy for them. 

On 8/9/2021 at 5:31 PM, DaniDanielle said:

We got invited to the Oasis simulation out of Bayonne.  What to do!

Go, go, go. You will have fun. Specialty food, drinks, internet were 50% off. No free loyalty perks, but they made up for it with the other stuff. Thrill water park was free for us and I’m guessing it will be for you too.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

So sorry for your loss.  It's never easy..

Make that 4

No!!!!  Make that 5!  LOL!

I sang at the World's Fair with my  High School Glee Club.  My Mom was a volunteer at the Vatican Pavilion, so I went frequently with her on the days she volunteered.  She was invited there the day the Pope came to NY and stopped at the Pavilion,

I went to the Worlds Fair with a girl who I had been dating for a year.She lived in the Bronx.I was not driving yet and for some reason I wore a wool suit that day.It was a very hot day and I took the IRT to her apartment.I arrived soaked in sweat.We then took a train to the Fair.We were there all day then took the train back to the Bronx .Then I took the train back to Brooklyn.I will never forget that day.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you Sea Dog.

I was looking at all our photos today and found this one when I was 15 on holiday in Jersey with my mam and dad.

I couldn't believe that was almost 50 years ago.

Graham.

IMG_20210810_145951.jpg

Drinking at age 15?😇

• Like 4

We are winding down our last few days with our grandson from California.  Yesterday we were with everyone at our daughter’s house, and all the kids enjoyed some play time and some spa time. 

34C28CEF-F199-464E-AC61-0D9B35E33770.thumb.jpeg.e877dffedce09c8688b6b623d32309d5.jpeg

This morning, granddaughter was here while her brother was playing in a junior golf tournament.  He had a 1st place finish and was 11 strokes under the 2nd place finisher. I have a feeling he will be collecting more of these trophies. 

9B5FB9DC-5770-46B5-8ABC-596E356F01B8.thumb.jpeg.461a0c07942f1bacd9769e4836892292.jpeg

You can add me to the list of those that haven’t seen any of the reality shows. 

• Like 11

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Make that 7.  I have watched parts of it in the past.  Last night I thought I would give it another try….  Not for me.

Make that eight.  I have seen bits and pieces of it while flipping channels.  Although the interiors of the boats and nice to see and the ports are very scenic, I just can’t get into all the scripted drama on board.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼 So happy for them. 

Go, go, go. You will have fun. Specialty food, drinks, internet were 50% off. No free loyalty perks, but they made up for it with the other stuff. Thrill water park was free for us and I’m guessing it will be for you too.

I believe we have made the decision to go!! Now, we are deciding on our September 5th Oasis, we may move it to Anthem in January.  

• Like 4

8 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Welcome back Renee FLL

Thanks Lenny.

7 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Our community has a running group/family that my wife has been part of since we moved here in 1986.  One of the runners a couple year’s ago was given a plaque for running forty 4 mile classic runs since 1978.  He ran in his last race about 4 weeks ago.  He passed away yesterday after fighting Covid.  It was a tough day for my wife and many others in the area.  They are already discussing an annual commemorative race for him.

Sorry to hear about your friend. An annual commemorate is a great idea. Covid really sucks.

Friends back from the military days were big into running and racing. Unfortunately Deena died of a heart attack while running. The Pagoda Pacers used to do a commemorative race for her, but I don’t know if they still do. She was only 47. 

• Like 1

On 8/9/2021 at 1:15 PM, dani negreanu said:

I'm so impressed by how nice people dress for weddings abroad. Well-dressed invitees really make a memorable wedding.

Whereas here.... we're very informal....

At my DS2 wedding -- Look at the groom, on the left, and his brother, brown shoes with blue suit & all ( @Sea Dog)....

באיכות הדפסה-550.jpg

Great looking family Dani.  Red is definitely your color.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I went to the Worlds Fair with a girl who I had been dating for a year.She lived in the Bronx.I was not driving yet and for some reason I wore a wool suit that day.It was a very hot day and I took the IRT to her apartment.I arrived soaked in sweat.We then took a train to the Fair.We were there all day then took the train back to the Bronx .Then I took the train back to Brooklyn.I will never forget that day.

We were on our way to Maine from Florida and parked on top of the Port Authority Building and took the train to the Fair. We had our just potty trained little girl with us, so I visited every ladies’ room with her. 
Some of what we saw there wound up at Disney World and Disneyland. 
I vividly remember sitting on the curb eating Belgian Waffles covered with whipped cream and huge strawberries. 
That was a great treat!

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

We are winding down our last few days with our grandson from California.  Yesterday we were with everyone at our daughter’s house, and all the kids enjoyed some play time and some spa time. 

34C28CEF-F199-464E-AC61-0D9B35E33770.thumb.jpeg.e877dffedce09c8688b6b623d32309d5.jpeg

This morning, granddaughter was here while her brother was playing in a junior golf tournament.  He had a 1st place finish and was 11 strokes under the 2nd place finisher. I have a feeling he will be collecting more of these trophies. 

9B5FB9DC-5770-46B5-8ABC-596E356F01B8.thumb.jpeg.461a0c07942f1bacd9769e4836892292.jpeg

You can add me to the list of those that haven’t seen any of the reality shows. 

🏆

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I was at the Worlds Fair as well. Except the girl(s) were my mom and sisters, along with my father and brothers.

Unfortunately, I have no memories of that day. I was only 9 months old. 😁

• Like 5

4 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I am bed confined 21 hours a day and tend to watch too much TV.

Lenny, I’ve been a lurker on these boards for many years, so I’ve come to understand your medical challenges.  It’s great that you are able to connect with so many great people on these boards.

I’m the care giver for my mom, although she doesn’t have the numerous conditions that you have, her last ten or so years dealing with her cancer has kept her in bed almost as long as much as you throughout the day.  
so I can definitely see how being on these boards can offer some social relief. 😃

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

We were on our way to Maine from Florida and parked on top of the Port Authority Building and took the train to the Fair. We had our just potty trained little girl with us, so I visited every ladies’ room with her. 
Some of what we saw there wound up at Disney World and Disneyland. 
I vividly remember sitting on the curb eating Belgian Waffles covered with whipped cream and huge strawberries. 
That was a great treat!

I remember the Belgian Waffles ,absolutely delicious.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, LucasLikesToCruise said:

Lenny, I’ve been a lurker on these boards for many years, so I’ve come to understand your medical challenges.  It’s great that you are able to connect with so many great people on these boards.

I’m the care giver for my mom, although she doesn’t have the numerous conditions that you have, her last ten or so years dealing with her cancer has kept her in bed almost as long as much as you throughout the day.  
so I can definitely see how being on these boards can offer some social relief. 😃

In January of last year I was begging my wife and my doctors to put me in hospice.In April my best friend died from Covid and I was devastated.In August a cousin who I was very close with died and 2 months later another close friend.The people who post on this thread are wonderful.I enjoy so much having the opportunity to post to them.They lift my spirits every day.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

A friend and I were almost kicked out of Sloppy Joe’s for dancing on the tables. 🤣 That was many, many years ago. In the early ‘90s KW started a bar crawl. $10.00 got you a t-shirt and 10 drinks. Each at a different bar. Who’s going to stop at a bar and drink only 1 drink when you’re young and having a good time? None of us. Some Navy guys and some wives who were having to much fun. If I recall correctly the tables weren’t very big. We were each on our own table. Sloppy Joe’s said they were afraid we would fall and get hurt. They guys agreed, they were no fun. I think I was embarrassing Mike. 🍸🍹🧉

Great example of why I ger so many comments when I wear the t-shirt. Everyone has a story

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I remember the Belgian Waffles ,absolutely delicious.

We had the Belgian Waffles at the Seattle World's Fair.  (1962) They were so good! :classic_biggrin: I think that World Fairs must have a monopoly on the best Belgian Waffles with whipped cream & strawberries! :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

In January of last year I was begging my wife and my doctors to put me in hospice.In April my best friend died from Covid and I was devastated.In August a cousin who I was very close with died and 2 months later another close friend.The people who post on this thread are wonderful.I enjoy so much having the opportunity to post to them.They lift my spirits every day.

It’s great to have a cyber support group.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I was at the Worlds Fair as well. Except the girl(s) were my mom and sisters, along with my father and brothers.

Unfortunately, I have no memories of that day. I was only 9 months old. 😁

I believe that I have memories from age 2 but it may be from looking at pictures or from things my parents told me.

You may not remember being at the Worlds Fair but you were there.😀

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Coralc said:

We had the Belgian Waffles at the Seattle World's Fair.  (1962) They were so good! :classic_biggrin: I think that World Fairs must have a monopoly on the best Belgian Waffles with whipped cream & strawberries! :classic_biggrin:

The Expo in Montreal had wonderful waffles and whipped cream too.My wife and I were there in 1969,although the actual expo was 2 years earlier.

• Like 1