Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

6 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Stay safe and be well traveled and well hydrated.🍺

Thank you Sea Dog.

I was looking at all our photos today and found this one when I was 15 on holiday in Jersey with my mam and dad.

I couldn't believe that was almost 50 years ago.

Graham.

IMG_20210810_145951.jpg

• Like 13

3 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

My children bought this for me for my birthday 2 weeks ago.Also a YES CD,a Camel CD and. A Steely Dan CD

Sounds like we enjoy the same music. I am not sure if I know Camel unless you are talking about Frampton’s Camel.  

2 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

I enjoy House Hunters and House Hunters International, especially when they are looking for homes in the Caribbean !

I love watching House Hunters International, always enjoy seeing the homes in Europe.    I especially like Caribbean Life / Beach Life showings.     Us Americans are spoiled with our large homes and Large Fridges!

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, MJSailors said:

My DH and I are hoping to attend my goddaughters’ and husband’s wedding celebration this coming September in NYC. 

Thanks.

I truly hope the wedding celebrations in NYC would happen. With the "renaissance" of Covid -- fingers crossed for you 🤞.

We have 3 weddings coming up in a month time, I doubt, due to the "above", that they will happen, at least not with 300 guests.

On the topic of "dressing up" -- It is so interesting to see the differences in this matter... From midi dresses with hats/3 pieces morning suits with a flower in the lapel, to just a regular suit with tie and dress, to no suit/no tie....

I like dressing up (and weddings are an excellent occasion for this).  Most of my life I was a freelance, working from home -- [almost] no need to dress 😉

I'll have a real "problem" if all 3 weddings (and same invitees) will be a "go".

Those times, I'm not in the mood of dress shopping, sadly.

• Like 4

Thank you,Dani for🤞!  I hope it is 👍!

My DH was going to wear a tux, but both father of the bride and father of the groom are wearing suits, so DH will go along with them.

Three weddings- I hope you get to do a lot of celebrating!

As for shopping, I got my gown online at Macy’s. It is technically a Mother of the Bride gown, but I think Godmother is close enough!

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Make that 7.  I have watched parts of it in the past.  Last night I thought I would give it another try….  Not for me.

Number 8 here! I thought about watching it but my DVR is perpetually at 96% full with couple hundred hours of TV shows to watch.  Once I get thru those in about 6 month's,  I'll give it a try. 

Currently watching The Kominski Method and Atypical on Netfix. Both under-rated comedies.  

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Make that 7.  I have watched parts of it in the past.  Last night I thought I would give it another try….  Not for me.

I like it and have been watching since the original one came out but Eric cannot stand it.    He hates show when they repeat / recap things over and over again, drives him nuts (short drive)!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 8/8/2021 at 2:00 PM, John&LaLa said:

Found on FB

My Sloppy Joe's shirt

20210808_135538.thumb.jpg.f7ee05bb0e5d5ae45920f1f5f0dd6e01.jpg

A friend and I were almost kicked out of Sloppy Joe’s for dancing on the tables. 🤣 That was many, many years ago. In the early ‘90s KW started a bar crawl. $10.00 got you a t-shirt and 10 drinks. Each at a different bar. Who’s going to stop at a bar and drink only 1 drink when you’re young and having a good time? None of us. Some Navy guys and some wives who were having to much fun. If I recall correctly the tables weren’t very big. We were each on our own table. Sloppy Joe’s said they were afraid we would fall and get hurt. They guys agreed, they were no fun. I think I was embarrassing Mike. 🍸🍹🧉

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Our community has a running group/family that my wife has been part of since we moved here in 1986.  One of the runners a couple year’s ago was given a plaque for running forty 4 mile classic runs since 1978.  He ran in his last race about 4 weeks ago.  He passed away yesterday after fighting Covid.  It was a tough day for my wife and many others in the area.  They are already discussing an annual commemorative race for him.

So sorry for your loss.  It's never easy..

4 hours ago, ATG said:

Make that 3.

The only reality show I watch is House Hunters.  I know from reading accounts that it’s staged, but I still enjoy it.

Make that 4

3 hours ago, mo&fran said:

I have never watched it either.  WE got this subject started  when I posted that DW was binge watching it, and others started posting about.  I can hear it from another room, and saw it when I walked past, but never watched or paid attention.

No!!!!  Make that 5!  LOL!

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Henry Gross sang for the first time at the Worlds Fair In NY,1964.We are alum of the same college .

I sang at the World's Fair with my  High School Glee Club.  My Mom was a volunteer at the Vatican Pavilion, so I went frequently with her on the days she volunteered.  She was invited there the day the Pope came to NY and stopped at the Pavilion,

• Like 4

On 8/7/2021 at 7:34 PM, h20skibum said:

Just a few of the songs they have performed so far at tonight’s concert.  This group has a wide range.  

We are Family - Sister Sledge

Let’s get it on -Marvin Gaye

Under the Boardwalk - Drifters

At last - Etta James

In the still of the night - The Five Satins

Wonderful tonight - Eric Clapton

September - Earth, Wind and Fire

Proud Mary - Tina Turner

These would all probably be considered oldies. 

Love all of those somgs.

On 8/8/2021 at 10:36 PM, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

My birthday lunch today.  Teriyaki Chicken, Tonkatu and Tempura.

394028BA-8448-4409-859A-F6975A669DC9.thumb.jpeg.e37d1a277ebd9685e77109abf1751d4f.jpeg

And for dinner- Penne Calabrese and Salmon Florentine.

Happy Belated Birthday.

On 8/9/2021 at 11:55 AM, sgmn said:

20210806_161533.jpg

Beautiful wedding pictures. Love the one.

@A&L_Ont Happy Belated Birthday wishes to Lisa and her sister.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2