Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

We made it to NJ and having the best time.  Bbq for my son in law's mom's bday that lasted from 2 - 9pm.  Weather was perfection.  Had a fire pit when the sun went down.  I felt like I was back at summer camp.  Wish we had marshmellows to toast. Had multiple glasses of Moscato and fruit flavored  alcohol seltzer. So good to be here.  In-law suite has lots of work yet but it's nice to be close by in our own apt.  They redid the bathroom, decorated the bedroom, fridge in working order and for a 2 week visit that's all we need.  

In my previous post, not sure why the word after"t" was starred by cruise critic?  Maybe I made an oopsie typo and left out the "r"? I doubt it because the amount of stars would be the correct word.

BTW, great music chat!  I had a friend that went to Woodstock and he said it was a dirty,  sometimes naked drug fest. His critique was a mixed bag. Did not care for the environment but the music was amazing. 

Glad to hear that you made it safely to NJ,Bonnie.

2 hours ago, sgmn said:

It was so great to see family and friends all together,

I'm so impressed by how nice people dress for weddings abroad. Well-dressed invitees really make a memorable wedding.

Whereas here.... we're very informal....

At my DS2 wedding -- Look at the groom, on the left, and his brother, brown shoes with blue suit & all ( @Sea Dog)....

באיכות הדפסה-550.jpg

• Like 21

4 minutes ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Not sure what's wrong but when I try to react (i.e., Like or Thanks) to a post, it is not allowing me to.  It says, "Sorry, there was a problem reacting to this content."  So, sorry if I am not reacting to some posts on here that I would like to but can not at the moment.

Try refreshing the page.  It should work then.  At least it did for me. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Not sure what's wrong but when I try to react (i.e., Like or Thanks) to a post, it is not allowing me to.  It says, "Sorry, there was a problem reacting to this content."  So, sorry if I am not reacting to some posts on here that I would like to but can not at the moment.

Happens to me too. I just sign out and return. Then it's OK.

I was replying while Mark ( @h20skibum) replied already.... Great minds, etc. 😉

Edited by dani negreanu
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Try refreshing the page.  It should work then.  At least it did for me. 

10 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Happens to me too. I just sign out and return. Then it's OK.

I was replying while Mark ( @h20skibum) replied already.... Great minds, etc. 😉

I think I've tried that before but didn't work.  But this time it did.  Thank you!!!

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

I'm so impressed by how nice people dress for weddings abroad. Well-dressed invitees really make a memorable wedding.

At my DS2 wedding -- Look at the groom, on the left, and his brother, brown shoes with blue suit & all ( @Sea Dog)....

באיכות הדפסה-550.jpg

I like it this way, but I may be one of the exceptions. DH will dress to kill!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

I think all of us have been having some problems every so often with new software updates done by CC in the last week or so.    I know I have and last night I received that same message over and over again, then this morning it was okay.   

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

באיכות הדפסה-550.jpg

Beautiful family.      

brown shoes with blue suit are very common - he's undeniably dapper!

https://www.irreverentgent.com/blue-suit-brown-shoes/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

36 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

באיכות הדפסה-550.jpg

Dani, You look exquisite in that red dress!  Just classy and beautiful!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

It’s called V Pizza. There are 9 locations, mostly in NE Florida. Very good pizza. 

Just got an email with their  new weekly special pizza. Re de Parma! Looks so good!

3538228D-D7B8-46FB-AB14-41DA0657BCA6.jpeg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, sgmn said:

IMG-20210808-WA0093.jpg

20210806_161533.jpg

IMG-20210808-WA0069.jpg

IMG-20210808-WA0080.jpg

Such a lovely couple. Everything looks beautiful, and you look so happy!! Best wishes to the bride and groom, and to the parents who have gained another family member!

Edited by jagsfan
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

באיכות הדפסה-550.jpg

You look very smart Dani.

That is a lovely family photo.

• Thanks 1

באיכות הדפסה-550.jpg

You look beautiful and the boys too!

• Thanks 1

באיכות הדפסה-550.jpg

Beautiful picture Dani. I love the color and off the shoulder style of your dress.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It has been 66°F and mostly sunny today.

I have been at work all day and called into Starbucks for a coffee at Dalton Park Retail park.

While at Dalton Park I bought a lovely Ruby anniversary card for Pauline.

It is our 40th wedding anniversary on August 22nd.

It is 21.30pm in England and we have just been watching Below Deck Mediterranean in Majorca.

2nd steward Lara has just left the ship hours before a new charter starts.

I hope everyone is having a nice day.

IMG-20210809-WA0000.jpeg

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

Beautiful wedding pics. Everything looks perfect.

Dani...beautiful in that red dress. Your color for sure!

Graham...Lara leaving had no impact. She was a jerk.

I agree.

She seemed to have a chip on her shoulder and showed no respect to Hannah her boss.

Below deck is on every week night in England.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

It is quite simple if your computer has a CD drive. Just copy your CDs to the music player in your computer. Insert a USB stick into a USB port in your computer then sync it with your Windows Media Player. I have well over 2000 songs on the stick I plug into my car. It is much easier than deciding which CDs to bring out of the house with you. CDs can also be sensitive to being left in a hot car.

If you have a Mac computer then I have no idea how to do it.

Thank you so much!  Another project for me to get started on..lol!!

18 hours ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

My birthday lunch today.  Teriyaki Chicken, Tonkatu and Tempura.

394028BA-8448-4409-859A-F6975A669DC9.thumb.jpeg.e37d1a277ebd9685e77109abf1751d4f.jpeg

And for dinner- Penne Calabrese and Salmon Florentine.

166AD60D-3D99-4617-84D0-371694697652.thumb.jpeg.323eb3fae739cbb4e35170d40621f33a.jpeg

My kind of take-out food.  Yummm!!

8 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I agree that this is a fast moving thread. After a full day yesterday, by the time I got caught up, I was too tired to even post.  

We spent the day on the lake for some boating, fishing, and swimming.  I guess it is true that you get soft in old age when you let grandkids bring fishing poles on a ski boat.  Granddaughter made the first catch, but her brother had to take it off the hook. 

E195157F-00DB-44B0-BC64-D7BCB89BFE94.thumb.jpeg.3fecb35185e7160acbf773f42b24f7a7.jpeg

One thing we accomplished this summer was to help our CA grandson overcome his fear of water.  His parents were ecstatic when we sent them a video of him swimming around on his own yesterday. 

3444092C-B98B-4AB4-B4CB-9C3F2195F1E8.thumb.jpeg.fc5c3a13270ea7a12cd25531aa4744b4.jpeg

This is our last week with him before we take him back to California.  He told his parents last night he would be sad to leave here. 

Have a great day everyone. 

Wow, your grandchildren are so Blessed!!  (as are both you and your wife)  What a special bonus that your grandson is going home not only no longer fearing the water, but also knowing how to swim!❤️

• Like 2