Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

26 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I did not go to Woodstock because Michael Lang one of the organizers of the concert hung out in a park in Bensonhurst when I did and he was so obnoxious that my feeling was anything he was associated with would not be good.I talked friends and relatives out of going there and they have not stopped yet telling me of my mistake.I did go to Hippiefest in 2008 .Every living singer/group from the 1969 concert was invited to attend and nearly all came.My wife was sitting behind Dee Snider from Twisted Sister and I told him why I did not go to the 1969;concert.He did not laugh but he smiled.We had  a great conversation.

Do I regret not going in 1969 ? Absolutely.

I have a cousin who was at Woodstock. Between her stories, and other documentaries that I have seen, I am quite sure that I would have been miserable there. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ocean Boy said:

I have a cousin who was at Woodstock. Between her stories, and other documentaries that I have seen, I am quite sure that I would have been miserable there. 

I think it depends on your age.A 12 year old would not have the same appreciation as a 25 year old. .

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

Having a dual birthday for Sharon and my SIL.  Gifts have been opened. Drinks poured. 

AC1DFDDA-2D57-45F3-9560-BD0100E84580.thumb.jpeg.666288eb0505f0d35c4e589a09e67a8e.jpeg

Lucy isn’t the least concerned. Kids are swimming. 

35C41090-3D7B-434D-9440-8D678BE07455.thumb.jpeg.0d11d1dd3ef1a9eb589b7b7e1839213e.jpeg

Not at all. 

DF9DA49F-EBD9-442D-BB05-7C0B4C8B2337.thumb.jpeg.1493e13ec773ac929a2fef8a7fb23d62.jpeg

My BIL brought a snack as well. Bacon wrapped Oreos. They were/are very tasty. 

757ABE7D-DADF-479B-B01B-B8421EDDFF80.thumb.jpeg.68131aeba5cc06cca9f11d5137baf6cd.jpeg

Sending Happy Birthday wishes to Sharon and your SIL.

Lucy looks content as usual.

Graham.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I remember the Woodstock song  by Matthew's Southern Comfort.

I watched a documentary on Woodstock a few months ago on UK TV and it seemed like a once in a lifetime experience although not something I would have went to.

Graham.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I like bacon and I like Oreos, but I don’t know about together.

Hey @A&L_Ont 's BIL is from the same country who brought the world poutine! 

If you think bacon wrapped Oreos are weird, try bacon wrapped cheese curds, on fries with gravy. Delish!!! 

When the Dawg Bar opens at 5pm, I'll be having a Creaser with bacon wrapped celery as the garnish. Yummy!!! 

Life goes better with bacon!

• Like 3

7 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Takeout pizza for dinner last night.  The signature Margherita on the left for Micheline and the weekly special Philly Cheesesteak on the right for me.  I know this idea is foreign to you OB, but they will make for a good lunch today also.

IMG_7419.thumb.JPG.7c02ec70f975f5b3856c95d5acacde57.JPG

What place was this?  Yum!

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

Charlie would eat anything bacon related, so would our grandson RJ!  I told Charlie he should write a book about his diet because everybody would buy it.  I can’t pick on him much because he made it 18 years with his new heart and  his old diet!!!

Since when did you make RJ your grandson????😁 LOL! I don't want to call you grandma.😜

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

Instructions, microwave bacon to be partially cooked and mailable. Then wrap Oreos with bacon and put in oven for 15 minutes at about 420. Supposedly there are many recipes on-line. 

A few years ago he made strawberries wrapped with bacon. 

I’m sorry, I can’t resist…..once the bacon is partially cooked, where do I mail it 😉🤣?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I think it depends on your age.A 12 year old would not have the same appreciation as a 25 year old. .

I have always had an appreciation for beds and showers from as far back as I can remember.🙂

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I have always had an appreciation for beds and showers from as far back as I can remember.🙂

I agree.  I think I was influenced by my dad.  He believed motels had been “invented” because sane people didn’t go camping.  I have been known to state that a hotel without room service is roughing it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

48 minutes ago, ATG said:

I agree.  I think I was influenced by my dad.  He believed motels had been “invented” because sane people didn’t go camping.  I have been known to state that a hotel without room service is roughing it.

I never went camping but I worked in a camp and we had sleepovers in tents.

32 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Therefore,you never went camping ?

Yes I did. My roommate in college and I loved to go camping. I was even a boy scout and I still own a sleeping bag. But I was a very clean boy scout.

Woodstock was nothing like any camping that I ever did. And... my camping trips were all quite chemical free. 

• Like 4