Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

At Cleveland Stadium they would hold the World Series of Rock.  Each event would have several bands show up to play all day and into the night.  One of my favorites had Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young as the main attraction .  One of the “back up bands” was Santana.  It was a great day.

I love CSN.In 1988 I worked with a guy who was in a CSN tribute band .Graham Nash went to see them one night.He said their rendition of Almost Cut My Hair was the best he ever heard.

Santana is also one of my all time favorites. He will be appearing August 21 at an outdoor concert in NY.One of my daughters is going to see him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I prefer satellite radio now and mostly listen to either Classic Rewind or Classic Vinyl.

Didn't we already discuss satellite radio here?  Am I repeating myself?  I'm in that gray area right now where I'm old enough to tell the same stories to the same people, but not quite old enough to forget that I'm doing so.

I can never remember what I post on here.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

At last - Etta James

First dance at our wedding in 2004. My pick and Lisa agreed, thanks Time Life for the late night music ads back in the early 2000s.

Last dance, also my pick with Lisa’s approval.  Led Zeppelin’s Stairway to Heaven.  High school last dance throw back.  

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

First dance at our wedding in 2004. My pick and Lisa agreed, thanks Time Life for the late night music ads back in the early 2000s.

Last dance, also my pick with Lisa’s approval.  Led Zeppelin’s Stairway to Heaven.  High school last dance throw back.  

We also danced to stairway to heaven at our wedding🤩

59 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Just a few of the songs they have performed so far at tonight’s concert.  This group has a wide range.  

We are Family - Sister Sledge

Let’s get it on -Marvin Gaye

Under the Boardwalk - Drifters

At last - Etta James

In the still of the night - The Five Satins

Wonderful tonight - Eric Clapton

September - Earth, Wind and Fire

Proud Mary - Tina Turner

These would all probably be considered oldies. 

In the Still of the Night was first recorded in 1956.It is one of my favorites from that decade.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

My high school never had proms or any dances .I have no idea why .

Saw this leaving the concert tonight. 

5B5DBE14-AC36-4BA8-B64D-77996A250F50.thumb.jpeg.c6e0008452e27500dcb0932c7e2d6c36.jpeg

One of the old toys from my childhood, that I dug out for my grandson, has a record player with a record still in it.  Not sure what speed it is, but we do plan to see what it sounds like.  

087DFA11-ECA3-4AA8-B54B-1B9025337A1F.thumb.jpeg.fdf7356310af33bbe45160e896585c1e.jpeg

2054C5BE-A465-4AA4-9571-60D339DA0FE7.thumb.jpeg.e287f9479fd49569b865757ff1546937.jpeg

• Like 7

1 minute ago, h20skibum said:

Saw this leaving the concert tonight. 

5B5DBE14-AC36-4BA8-B64D-77996A250F50.thumb.jpeg.c6e0008452e27500dcb0932c7e2d6c36.jpeg

One of the old toys from my childhood, that I dug out for my grandson, has a record player with a record still in it.  Not sure what speed it is, but we do plan to see what it sounds like.  

087DFA11-ECA3-4AA8-B54B-1B9025337A1F.thumb.jpeg.fdf7356310af33bbe45160e896585c1e.jpeg

2054C5BE-A465-4AA4-9571-60D339DA0FE7.thumb.jpeg.e287f9479fd49569b865757ff1546937.jpeg

I had forgotten all about Erector sets.  That’s cool.  He will love it.

3 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

@lenquixote66 I am sure you heard of Jeff Beck.  I went to a Jefferson Starship concert and he played before them.  Although JS was good, Beck I enjoyed just as much and didn’t really know him at the time.

If you like Jefferson Airplane a friend of mine is in a Woodstock Tribute band called Retro69.The female singer in the band Melissa League sounds just like Grace Slick.The band played at the Woodstock 50th.reunion in 2019.They are on YouTube.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

As a child I had several 78s and 35s (is that right)  as a teenager my first was either led zeppelin or the doors.

I just asked my wife what her first vinyl was and she reminded me that my first Rock music was Jefferson Airplane .I had vinyl before that ,but only Folk music .

• Like 1