Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

56 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

No CD players,no Casette players.Lucky that we can still get FM radios.

In the 70s if you liked classic rock it was FM.  Near the Akron/Cleveland area at least music was AM music or FM music.  Most favorite station was WMMS, Home of the Buzzard.  

2 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

He and Dylan both had a few good days when they could actually sing.

When Neil Young recorded with Crosby,Stills and Nash he blended in with them very well.

I saw Bob Dylan in his first NY concert in April 1961 .He was great that night.I have possibly all his albums that he released in the 60’s and he was very good.I compare him to Mark Knoepler of Dire Straits.

8 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

In the 70s if you liked classic rock it was FM.  Near the Akron/Cleveland area at least music was AM music or FM music.  Most favorite station was WMMS, Home of the Buzzard.  

In the 70’s when I lived in NYC there were many Classic Rock stations .Currently there is only one 104.3 FM and one where I live now 102.3 FM.They are the only FM stations I listen to.You are never too old for classic rock.Ringo is 81,Jagger is 78,McCartney 79 just to name a few.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

When Neil Young recorded with Crosby,Stills and Nash he blended in with them very well.

At Cleveland Stadium they would hold the World Series of Rock.  Each event would have several bands show up to play all day and into the night.  One of my favorites had Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young as the main attraction .  One of the “back up bands” was Santana.  It was a great day.

26 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

In the 70’s when I lived in NYC there were many Classic Rock stations .Currently there is only one 104.3 FM and one where I live now 102.3 FM.They are the only FM stations I listen to.You are never too old for classic rock.Ringo is 81,Jagger is 78,McCartney 79 just to name a few.

I prefer satellite radio now and mostly listen to either Classic Rewind or Classic Vinyl.

Didn't we already discuss satellite radio here?  Am I repeating myself?  I'm in that gray area right now where I'm old enough to tell the same stories to the same people, but not quite old enough to forget that I'm doing so.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

37 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I prefer satellite radio now and mostly listen to either Classic Rewind or Classic Vinyl.

Didn't we already discuss satellite radio here?  Am I repeating myself?  I'm in that gray area right now where I'm old enough to tell the same stories to the same people, but not quite old enough to forget that I'm doing so.

Hard to remember all the topics discussed in this 25k post thread 😁😁😁😁

Edited by George C
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

We can discuss it again if you want. This thread takes some crazy turns. Who would have thought we would get to the TSOTD and the demise of car CD players.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

Those are my two favorites along with 70’s on 7.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

We just got an email that one of us, didn’t say who, was selected for Volunteers of the Sea!  Didn’t say the sailing, hoping it is Oasis but since it is right here it probably isn’t 😳they said to expect an email soon.

It probably is Oasis! Good Luck! Start packing!!!!!!

Edited by Arzeena
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

TSOD (T-Shirt Of the Day) - Mind the Gap, from London.    A gift from my daughter and one of my favorites even though I has shrunk a bit (really).

I got everyone in our family mind the gap tshirts when we were in london 2018.

St Maarten for me today🥰

• Like 1

Just a few of the songs they have performed so far at tonight’s concert.  This group has a wide range.  

We are Family - Sister Sledge

Let’s get it on -Marvin Gaye

Under the Boardwalk - Drifters

At last - Etta James

In the still of the night - The Five Satins

Wonderful tonight - Eric Clapton

September - Earth, Wind and Fire

Proud Mary - Tina Turner

These would all probably be considered oldies. 

3 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

We just got an email that one of us, didn’t say who, was selected for Volunteers of the Sea!  Didn’t say the sailing, hoping it is Oasis but since it is right here it probably isn’t 😳they said to expect an email soon.

Exciting!  Im hoping its Oasis out of bayonne for you.🤩

21 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Just a few of the songs they have performed so far at tonight’s concert.  This group has a wide range.  

We are Family - Sister Sledge

Let’s get it on -Marvin Gaye

Under the Boardwalk - Drifters

At last - Etta James

In the still of the night - The Five Satins

Wonderful tonight - Eric Clapton

September - Earth, Wind and Fire

Proud Mary - Tina Turner

These would all probably be considered oldies. 

Love every one of those songs.

• Like 1