Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

5 hours ago, Luckynana said:

I'll have to ask my 14 yo grandson for info and help on that!  I miss the CD player in our suv.

It is quite simple if your computer has a CD drive. Just copy your CDs to the music player in your computer. Insert a USB stick into a USB port in your computer then sync it with your Windows Media Player. I have well over 2000 songs on the stick I plug into my car. It is much easier than deciding which CDs to bring out of the house with you. CDs can also be sensitive to being left in a hot car.

If you have a Mac computer then I have no idea how to do it.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

What is tomorrow's TSOD for those who don't have to go to work or can wear whatever you please to work?

Today was "Nantucket" for me. It's an island off Massachusetts that I grew up on.

I don’t typically wear t-shirts but I do have  a couple.  One says “Live Happy” (I do believe this is something you choose).  The other says “ I Found My Calling - Retirement”.  

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Yes I did. My roommate in college and I loved to go camping. I was even a boy scout and I still own a sleeping bag. But I was a very clean boy scout.

Woodstock was nothing like any camping that I ever did. And... my camping trips were all quite chemical free. 

I have many personal accomplishments but one of my regrets was never to have gone to Woodstock in 1969.Sometimes you have to do something different in life ,in my opinion.

21 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

What is tomorrow's TSOD for those who don't have to go to work or can wear whatever you please to work?

Today was "Nantucket" for me. It's an island off Massachusetts that I grew up on.

Nantucket was in a conversation today in my house.My wife discussed her vacation there in 1965.

My shirt of the day tomorrow will be from Curaçao.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Nantucket was in a conversation today in my house.My wife discussed her vacation there in 1965.

My shirt of the day tomorrow will be from Curaçao.

That was back when the harbor waterfront was still more of a fishing village. Now it is full of mega yachts. Houses smaller than my garage can list for over a million dollars.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

I think I’ll go with a Freedom of the Seas shirt. Wore a Kentucky Wildcats shirt today.  DD23’s school for her undergrad degree. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I think I’ll go with a Freedom of the Seas shirt. Wore a Kentucky Wildcats shirt today.  DD23’s school for her undergrad degree. 

After I finish with vacation tee shirts I will wear tee shirts from places I lived and schools I attended.

6 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Having a dual birthday for Sharon and my SIL.  Gifts have been opened. Drinks poured. 

DF9DA49F-EBD9-442D-BB05-7C0B4C8B2337.thumb.jpeg.1493e13ec773ac929a2fef8a7fb23d62.jpeg

My BIL brought a snack as well. Bacon wrapped Oreos. They were/are very tasty. 

757ABE7D-DADF-479B-B01B-B8421EDDFF80.thumb.jpeg.68131aeba5cc06cca9f11d5137baf6cd.jpeg

I hope all the birthday girls enjoyed their day.  I imagine those bacon wrapped oreos are all gone by now.

Definitely will have to try that!

43 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

That was back when the harbor waterfront was still more of a fishing village. Now it is full of mega yachts. Houses smaller than my garage can list for over a million dollars.

Most of my mother’s family lives on the Cape, for at least part of the year. I remember taking the ferry from Hyannis to Nantucket when I was young. Very different back then. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Today was a Costa Rica tank top.  Back to work tomorrow.  I probably could get away with a tshirt but usually dont.

• Like 2

Holy moly. I have been busy lately so I haven't been on this thread in a while. I'm on page 993 and it's up to 1045. I have some reading to do. First time in the pool this year. 🥴  The dolphins around the beach ball are hard to see and a few of of the critters on the stairs.

20210808_215658.jpg

20210808_213129.jpg

• Like 7

40 minutes ago, singinalot said:

well…may have just booked a trip to Puerto Vallarta for February. 🤷‍♀️🤣

going with Brett & Jenn (from the Allure cruise 2020), our best friends…kind of a send off to FL vacation for us all one last time before who knows when

Sounds like fun. I’ve never been there. Will need to live vicariously thru you. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I hope all the birthday girls enjoyed their day.  I imagine those bacon wrapped oreos are all gone by now.

Definitely will have to try that!

If we deep fried them , we could sell them as county fair food! :classic_tongue::classic_biggrin:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

My birthday lunch today.  Teriyaki Chicken, Tonkatu and Tempura.

394028BA-8448-4409-859A-F6975A669DC9.thumb.jpeg.e37d1a277ebd9685e77109abf1751d4f.jpeg

And for dinner- Penne Calabrese and Salmon Florentine.

I* love the lunch! You had room for dinner? :classic_biggrin: Happy Birthday!!! :classic_biggrin:

• Thanks 1

On 7/30/2021 at 2:21 PM, DaniDanielle said:

We are almost up to 1,000 pages!!!!!

😫 That means I still have 46 pages to catch up on. That's what I get for slacking.

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 6

I agree that this is a fast moving thread. After a full day yesterday, by the time I got caught up, I was too tired to even post.  

We spent the day on the lake for some boating, fishing, and swimming.  I guess it is true that you get soft in old age when you let grandkids bring fishing poles on a ski boat.  Granddaughter made the first catch, but her brother had to take it off the hook. 

E195157F-00DB-44B0-BC64-D7BCB89BFE94.thumb.jpeg.3fecb35185e7160acbf773f42b24f7a7.jpeg

One thing we accomplished this summer was to help our CA grandson overcome his fear of water.  His parents were ecstatic when we sent them a video of him swimming around on his own yesterday. 

3444092C-B98B-4AB4-B4CB-9C3F2195F1E8.thumb.jpeg.fc5c3a13270ea7a12cd25531aa4744b4.jpeg

This is our last week with him before we take him back to California.  He told his parents last night he would be sad to leave here. 

Have a great day everyone. 

• Like 18

2 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

He told his parents last night he would be sad to leave here. 

The greatest praise a grandparent can get !!!!!

So far we've only got the older grandson (5) to stay with us for the day, and by 4pm he's "missing his parents"....😢

• Like 5
  • Haha 1