Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

I don't know if anyone who has had a colonoscopy has had this experience but some doctors will do conscious sedation (you are awake but don't remember) or sedate you completely with a drug like propofol (Michael Jackson drug). The first time I had the procedure they did conscious sedation which was weird because you are awake but I did not remember anything but felt drugged afterwards and wanted to just go home and sleep and not eat. I figured after fasting for 24 hours I would be starving. I felt cruddy the whole day. The second time was with propofol which was amazing. I woke up alert, feeling well rested and was very hungry so we went out to lunch. Felt great the whole day. If you have it done and your insurance will pay for propofol by all means do it.

Raising my hand. 

First time I was aware of moaning then I realized it was me and I could feel the discomfort. The doctor then gave me a little extra and I had the same reaction as you.  Exhausted and slept the whole day.  Next time around they had to schedule an appointment when the anesthesiologist was available (only done one day a month).  Appointment was at 12PM but strangely for me I wasn't totally starving.  I got out and we headed straight to the nearby sandwich shop.  Fully awake the rest of the day.  Much better experience but not enough to convince me to schedule another one even though I got my reminder 3 months ago.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

I am likely the only person who has never had a problem with a colonoscopy prep .I actually enjoy the taste of the product I use,Magnesium Citrate,lemon flavored.

Lenny, I would have to agree, you probably are the only person who enjoys the product. 

I have to say, it is much better than the stuff they used about 15 years ago.  I got nauseous just trying to swallow it.  It was like trying to drink Drano and then I felt it gurgle all the through.🤢

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Sheal said:

Lenny, I would have to agree, you probably are the only person who enjoys the product. 

I have to say, it is much better than the stuff they used about 15 years ago.  I got nauseous just trying to swallow it.  It was like trying to drink Drano and then I felt it gurgle all the through.🤢

I cannot recall when I had my first colonoscopy but it was more than 15 years ago and I hated the products available then.

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I am glad I could not remember the procedure, I knew the nurse.  Awkward 

Awkward? My "gastro" doc is a friend for more than 30 years...

When I heard another friend that she went to him for her "colo", I was speechless, saying: "but how could you???? he's our friend !!! "

She replied: "He's an excellent doc, that's a procedure where you'll prefer someone with lots of experience, and beside -- he's seen thousands of ...., mine will not make any difference".

I decided to take her advice, and I'm very OK with it 😁

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

When I heard another friend that she went to him for her "colo", I was speechless

You should pull a joke on her.  Tell her that your doctor friend told you about the tattoo she has on her butt.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I was warned not to underestimate the "speed of response".  Glad that I listened.  

I had a funny essay on colonoscopy prep posted on humor page. 

It got deleted 😪

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

49 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Awkward? My "gastro" doc is a friend for more than 30 years...

When I heard another friend that she went to him for her "colo", I was speechless, saying: "but how could you???? he's our friend !!! "

She replied: "He's an excellent doc, that's a procedure where you'll prefer someone with lots of experience, and beside -- he's seen thousands of ...., mine will not make any difference".

I decided to take her advice, and I'm very OK with it 😁

Growing up my OB-GYN was a close friend of our family.  He invariably would ask me, during my exam, “So!  How’s school?  Still taking piano? etc” and I’d have to say “Um, could we wait and talk when this is over?”

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Wearing my Blue ***** Bar t-shirt today from Sint Maarten (that will probably be ***'d out). 

Edit: Looks like the bar name was ***'d out as expected.  Click here if you're not familiar with the place.  Right on the main beach in Philipsburg near the Holland House.

Edited by bobmacliberty
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

Growing up my OB-GYN was a close friend of our family.  He invariably would ask me, during my exam, “So!  How’s school?  Still taking piano? etc” and I’d have to say “Um, could we wait and talk when this is over?”

My moms OB-GYN was also a close family friend. Back in the 70's it was acceptable for DRs to smoke in the office and hers smoked a pipe. All of her friends would laugh when they would compare stories of their feet in stirrups and seeing the smoke billowing up between their legs. I don't know how they could all socialize with him.

Edited by ownedbypets
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Wearing my Blue ***** Bar t-shirt today from Sint Maarten (that will probably be ***'d out). 

Edit: Looks like the bar name was ***'d out as expected.  Click here if you're not familiar with the place.  Right on the main beach in Philipsburg near the Holland House.

Right on the boardwalk. We've enjoyed a few drinks there. 🍻

5 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

It’s going to be a very long day.  DH has his routine colonoscopy tomorrow and is fasting today, starting prep this afternoon. And it’s pouring rain.  Pray for me, LOL.  

Oh my, good luck to both of you.    Hope you have more than one toilet in the house!

I am due to get my first colonoscopy soon and I keep putting it off.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Oh my, good luck to both of you.    Hope you have more than one toilet in the house!

I am due to get my first colonoscopy soon and I keep putting it off.

Don’t put if off, procedure is definitely improved over last 20 years.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

You should pull a joke on her.  Tell her that your doctor friend told you about the tattoo she has on her butt.

I wish I could, truly.

No worries, you couldn't really know, but we lost her suddenly 10 years ago to a congenital aneurysm. I miss her every day.

She is the lady with the white glasses on the right, and our "mutual" gastro doc is the 1st guy on the left.

P2273691.JPG

• Like 9