Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

12 hours ago, HBE4 said:

@bobmacliberty

I saw your question regarding San Francisco & Napa valley. Having been to SF a whopping 2 times  and Napa only once, I am far from being an expert on anything. The only thing I might add to the San Fran part of the trip is a walk thru the Redwood forests of Muir Woods. If memory serves me correctly, it's about 30 minutes north of the Golden Gate Bridge.

https://www.nps.gov/muwo/index.htm

As for Napa Valley, I attended one of my nieces destination wedding there about 10 years ago. At the time, I was primarily a beer drinker and drank wine maybe twice a year - Thanksgiving and Easter dinners. Even then, it was whatever the cheapest wine I could find for under $5.  Well, after spending 5 days in Napa, I discovered I really like wine. I also really, really like expensive wine.   Of course, every winery I went to was better than the one before it so take my advice with a grain of salt. But there is one place, a small family owned place off the beaten path that really sticks out i my mind. Laird Winery. Great wine, very knowledgeable and friendly, down to earth staff. The kind of people you want to hang out with all day long. I love everything I tasted there & then even offered me a complimentary glass of wine afterwards.  I've recommended it to a few other people and nobody has been disappointed. At least, not that I know of.  lol

https://lairdfamilyestate.com/

Muir Woods is definitely on the list.  We plan to stop there in the morning on the drive back to SF from Napa, check out the Marin Headlands, and then maybe have lunch in Sausalito before crossing the Golden Gate Bridge.  Micheline's only requirement for this trip is that we see Redwoods.   

Thanks for the Laird Winery suggestion.  Sounds like the kind of place that we would really like.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

I got impatient waiting for a return email and called C&A.  They said they are shipping the crystal block.  Could take 3 weeks depending on availability.  

I just emailed them yesterday since I missed 140 and 210.  Sounds like I shouldn't hold my breath waiting for a reply and just call them.  

36 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Muir Woods is definitely on the list.  We plan to stop there in the morning on the drive back to SF from Napa, check out the Marin Headlands,

If you have an America the Beautiful pass, don’t forget to take it.  I bought my lifetime pass several years ago at Marin Headlands.  For those that don’t know, they will get you, and another three with you, into the National Parks without paying the entrance fees.  

They cost $80 now for a senior lifetime pass, but well worth it if you visit many parks.  I think they were only $10 when I bought mine. It has paid for itself many times over. 

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Finally, snow. I guess the snow gods heard me yesterday.  Just a dusting but it's the first measurable snow so far this year. 

Nothing stuck to pavement so no chance to use the snowblower. 

20230131_084211.thumb.jpg.a309b40b7bee72113bc277d2652c1789.jpg

Happy to know that I won't be going home to a driveway full of snow... Yet. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Is this considered a full suite?  I seem to remember it bouncing between a full suite and a junior suite when it first appeared.

Yes, it comes with full suite benefits. 

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Like 5

13 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Yes, ovation deck 6 is same layout.   When you find out your cabin number (or try the hack to find out #) let me know and I should be able to tell you if good one.

Thanks Deb.  I am glad I saw this.  I am still far behind. 

It's been post so many times I should know how it works but it's been so long since I booked a guarantee I didn't pay close attention.  How do you do the hack and how far out do you guess I will be assigned.?

7 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Did you find any changes at Labadee post pandemic? or is it just the way it was? I have not been after the "restart".

No change that I noticed. I "think" the old security shed was already turned into a towel station prior to the shutdown. 

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I'm not sure if I posted my evening hangout spot... 

20230129_053650.thumb.jpg.22a1717a19fbe961b995506ecb1efef2.jpg

20230129_053638.thumb.jpg.9f9699072bbd2ff4a9a09a36c433dd80.jpg

It has more of a V/F ship class atmosphere. I like it much more than on O class ships. 

Agree, this was where we ended up most night on Odyssey, felt like the old time schooner

• Like 3

I just came down to my cabin to get something and a guy a few cabins down is telling the steward, who we share, that he spilled coffee on his bed. I felt like saying why didn't you get your sorry a$$ out of bed to drink your coffee. That is not the kind of extra work a steward needs. 🙄

• Like 7
  • Haha 5

We are iced in good right now and we are supposed to get hit again this afternoon! The Weather Channel showed pics of Arkansas just across the river from Memphis and it looked like trucks lined up forever and not moving. 

Last night my SIL was supposed to go to work at 9am but now closed.  They finally figured out noone is going to see their PT today.  My daughter does OT at the nursing home.  She still had to understandably go in.  Most everything else is closed.  

I would say about 85% of the times what hits us hits the NE a day or two later.  You might check the forecast and get prepared. 

• Like 1

One little annoyance. Last night I ordered a drink and it comes back and the bartender says I had no more vouchers so I got charged. I know I had one more as I keep track by the amount of tip money I have left in my pocket. I am pretty sure during one of their busy times when he had a bunch of seapasses mine got swiped twice. However, I didn't want to make a big deal about it. I'm pretty sure if I could see the time stamps there would be two drinks bought very close together. 😏

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We are iced in good right now and we are supposed to get hit again this afternoon! The Weather Channel showed pics of Arkansas just across the river from Memphis and it looked like trucks lined up forever and not moving. 

Last night my SIL was supposed to go to work at 9am but now closed.  They finally figured out noone is going to see their PT today.  My daughter does OT at the nursing home.  She still had to understandably go in.  Most everything else is closed.  

I would say about 85% of the times what hits us hits the NE a day or two later.  You might check the forecast and get prepared. 

The only thing I'm preparing for is an afternoon nap. 😊

• Like 2
  • Haha 10

29 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Thanks Deb.  I am glad I saw this.  I am still far behind. 

It's been post so many times I should know how it works but it's been so long since I booked a guarantee I didn't pay close attention.  How do you do the hack and how far out do you guess I will be assigned.?

Once you get the bar code in your reservation just scan it into any reader. Your cabin is the last numbers after the dash. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I just came down to my cabin to get something and a guy a few cabins down is telling the steward, who we share, that he spilled coffee on his bed. I felt like saying why didn't you get your sorry a$$ out of bed to drink your coffee. That is not the kind of extra work a steward needs. 🙄

Agreed. Imagine if he spilt it on someone thing that mattered. 🫣

• Haha 1