Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

4 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

My friend Mike died last night.We did not sleep ,we were crying nearly non stop.

The funeral is tomorrow .Toby will go but I cannot physically go to the cemetary

My Parkinsons is really draining me Thank you for your words.

I am so sorry to hear that your friend Mike passed away last night.  May he Rest in Peace, Lenny.🙏

23 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Good list.  I would add Carlos Santana.  I liked seeing Hendrix playing left handed. 

Clapton who we saw a couple of times must be on that list , we totally love live music we listen to local artist at least once a week and will leave in a few minutes to see one of our favorites who does a great job on Sinatra songs . On one of our first celebrity cruise about 35 years ago Al Martino was on always loved his godfather song speak softly love. He brought my future mother in law on stage to sing her a song , I am sure that was a highlight of her life.

Edited by George C
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

On November 6, 1986 I went to an after work retirement party with a friend and I met a guy.  He was younger than me, I was a single Mom to a 3 year old, shy & quiet. He introduced himself and we spent most of the night talking & dancing.  Our first official date was 3 days later at Chuck E Cheese with my daughter and we never looked backed.  
On February 19, 1988, 35 years ago tomorrow , this happened:

FA2FFFD7-B63F-48BC-B642-4132CC2E31C2.thumb.jpeg.7675bf5e0136ef5141e395dd9e9d68ed.jpeg

Here’s a pic of me with said munchkin as my flower girl:

A couple of years after this he adopted the munchkin and we went in to have two more daughters.  I sure am glad that woman retired and had a party!

Beautiful story and photos!      Happy Anniversary and best wishes for many more years of love, joy and happiness❤️💐

• Thanks 1

Just now, George C said:

Clapton who we saw a couple of times must be on that list , we totally love live music we listen to local artist at least once a week and will leave in a few minutes to see one of our favorites who does a great job on Sinatra songs . On one of our first celebrity cruise about 35 years ago Al Martino was on always loved his godfather sing.

I was just typing to mention Clapton too.  Beat me to it.

DW is big fan of Heart.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

On November 6, 1986 I went to an after work retirement party with a friend and I met a guy.  He was younger than me, I was a single Mom to a 3 year old, shy & quiet. He introduced himself and we spent most of the night talking & dancing.  Our first official date was 3 days later at Chuck E Cheese with my daughter and we never looked backed.  

FA2FFFD7-B63F-48BC-B642-4132CC2E31C2.thumb.jpeg.7675bf5e0136ef5141e395dd9e9d68ed.jpeg

C1B84CA0-3CCA-45C0-89F8-DFBE78A25AFD.thumb.jpeg.1f1e7f5d33f94bd5cb41facfb9488fd8.jpeg

A couple of years after this he adopted the munchkin and we went in to have two more daughters.  I sure am glad that woman retired and had a party!

Happy Anniversary!!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Purely for voice, I'd add Barbra Streisand, Whitney Houston, and Adele.

Any mention of Heart or the Wilson sisters makes me think of their Stairway to Heaven tribute to Led Zeppelin during the Kennedy Center Honors. Jason Bonham played drums.  It's impossible to beat the original Zeppelin version, but they came close.  I get choked up watching it.

I never heard the Wilson girls version before. That was truly awesome. 

42 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

very first concert was the Osmonds when I was 8 yrs

Wow, you started young.  I guess if I count the concerts that were at Lakeside I started young too.  Not sure if anyone here has heard of him but I remember a trumpet player named Al Hurt showing up there.  He was good. 

My favorite was when big orchestras would be there. 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, George C said:

Clapton who we saw a couple of times must be on that list. 

Totally agree and a top musician overall.  All of my girls grew up singing along while we listened to the greats that have been mentioned.  I will never forget one time pulling into the driveway when my oldest was about 10.  As I went to turn off the car she yells out, not yet dad, that's Eric Clapton! 😂 They now collect ald albums and go to concerts all the time.  They were the ones that got the Paul McCartney tickets. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

I totally forgot about Beatlemania! I saw it as part of a  class trip back in 1977-78 time frame. I guess that could be considered my first concert.  Or was it a play since it was in a Broadway theater? 🤔

Talking of the Beatles, in 1962 I went to see Roy Orbison who was touring the UK, another great singer in my opinion.

On the same show was the Beatles who had just released Please Please Me which had made No 1 in the UK.

Edited by Bloodaxe
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

My friend Mike died last night.We did not sleep ,we were crying nearly non stop.

The funeral is tomorrow .Toby will go but I cannot physically go to the cemetary

My Parkinsons is really draining me Thank you for your words.

Sorry for you and Toby. The loss of family and friends don't get any easier.  It truely hurts the heart.  The stronger the relationship, the more it hurts. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

C1B84CA0-3CCA-45C0-89F8-DFBE78A25AFD.thumb.jpeg.1f1e7f5d33f94bd5cb41facfb9488fd8.jpeg

Those are some great memory pictures. Hearing the family times stories that you share makes me think you will have many more happy years together. Happy Anniversary! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Aww, 🥰 What a sweet story and precious photos! Thank you for sharing your memories with us.

Best wishes and congratulations to you and Andy 💕 on your 35th wedding anniversary! 🥂🍾

Sue

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, HBE4 said:

I totally forgot about Beatlemania! I saw it as part of a  class trip back in 1977-78 time frame. I guess that could be considered my first concert.  Or was it a play since it was in a Broadway theater? 🤔

Probably a musical play My daughter who teaches HS in LI takes a class every year to see a Broadway Musical .The past three years it has been Hamilton.She went to HS with one of the stars from the original production.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

My very first concert was the Osmonds when I was 8 yrs old and saw them at the Allentown Fairgrounds.     

My first official concert was The Grateful Dead 

Add to my list of concerts:

Robert Plant (just wasn't the same as Zeppelin with Bonham)

Genesis with Phil Collins was another great show

The Cars 

Journey

Eric Clapton

U2 - also a great show

Chicago

Probably some others will pop into my head as we use to go see concerts at the Allentown Fair every fall when the annual state fair was held.  They had some big name stars and a nice small venue.

My first official concert was to see Bob Dylan.I took my older daughter to her first concert which was the No Hit Wonder Once Again.Her second was to see Simon and Garfunkel.Her third was to see Diana Ross.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Because many of you are grandparents, I am going to mention The Wiggles.  Not sure if they are still popular with little ones  in the US but we saw the original foursome multiple times in concert. The Blue Wiggle Anthony is the only one still in the lineup.  My SIL’s claim to fame is she saw two of The Wiggles perform in their band before they became part of The Wiggles.

Because someone mentioned them - Midnight Oil - big yes.  My brother and DH went to many of their concerts.

My younger daughter never took her record collection from my house when she got married.Among the records is Midnight Oil.

• Like 1