Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

20 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

My daughter, who definitely deserves a break, won $1500 on a quarter machine!

That's wonderful news, Marietta!  Good for her!  She deserves every break she can get!❤️

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Does anyone have advice on reserving dinner in Solarium Bistro on Harmony (Oct)?  I found dinner info for my reservation and hit "reserve" for the bistro but nothing happened.  Because it's no charge, do I have to wait to make reservations once on board? 

I'm almost sure that I booked a time and date for the Solarium online for my Oasis cruise two years ago🤔🤔  Perhaps you can try again?🤔🤔  Good luck, Bonnie!😉

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

The Carrollton shelter is pretty new/nice, but we looked and didn’t find our pets there. We found Lucy through Petfinder dot com, she was actually with a local group called Furry Friends Animal Rescue. She had TWO homes before ours, which I can’t even believe that she would have been surrendered twice. She is so sweet.

The same story with our daughters' Lola!  She was in two homes before Judy and the boys got her;  my daughter had to meet the woman at a Rest Stop on the Parkway early in the morning.  The woman was driving a big van with crates full of the animals she was transporting to their new homes.  Lola is the sweetest little girl!  She is so affectionate and an all-around very good dog.  We all love her so much!!

• Like 11

9 hours ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

We received our GTY assignment this morning on my accidental labor day cruise 😜  JS 8572.  It’s aft starboard side (Vision).

Mark, not sure where you park when you fly out, but we just gave Fast Park and Relax a try when we flew to Myrtle Beach.  I was intrigued when I saw how often their shuttles came by when we were waiting on a hotel shuttle when we flew back from California.  I guess they just opened in late December, and they are out by Charlie Brown’s and the Parking Spot.

I was impressed with the new lot, and how quick they are in running shuttles.  They come to the airport every 5 to 7 minutes.  At only $8 a day, it is a much better deal than airport parking.   You may want to take a look.   

We plan to use them again in a couple weeks when we fly to Orlando.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, jmh2006 said:

The secret to pruning Hydrangea's is to know what type you have, blooms on new wood or old wood.  You have to find that out, otherwise you might be pruning next years flower buds without realizing it.  

Maybe that is part of my problem. If it looks dead at the end of the growing season, I just cut it to the ground and see hat comes up the next year.  

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

She thought she broke the machine after it locked up!  The Call Attendant notice popped up and she was really perplexed!  It was an old school quarter machine. 

I love the old quarter machines!😉

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Mark, not sure where you park when you fly out, but we just gave Fast Park and Relax a try when we flew to Myrtle Beach.  I was intrigued when I saw how often their shuttles came by when we were waiting on a hotel shuttle when we flew back from California.  I guess they just opened in late December, and they are out by Charlie Brown’s and the Parking Spot.

I was impressed with the new lot, and how quick they are in running shuttles.  They come to the airport every 5 to 7 minutes.  At only $8 a day, it is a much better deal than airport parking.   You may want to take a look.   

We are driving to Baltimore for the next one but we typically just park in extended term parking that I pre-book online which makes it slightly cheaper and guaranteed the spot.  We live so close to the airport.  

The next cruise we need to fly for is Bella 2.  Hopefully this non sense at PIT is long gone by then or i’m driving!!

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

Birthday Blantons.  Good a time as any to crack it open.

IMG_3435.thumb.jpeg.bcfad483ec03bf08d1abcc1f014ab025.jpeg

That’s awesome!  I picked up a Blanton’s a couple months ago dated 2-1-24, which would have been my parents’ 60th anniversary.  It will be my celebration pour every February 1st from now on!

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Husky1987 said:

That’s awesome!  I picked up a Blanton’s a couple months ago dated 2-1-24, which would have been my parents’ 60th anniversary.  It will be my celebration pour every February 1st from now on!

Nice!  That’s amazing you came across a date that meant something to you.  Fate.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Husky1987 said:

When your goodest girl plays next door in the pool with her BFF and then proceeds to roll around in one of the painted red stars in their front yard left over from the 4th…

IMG_4808.thumb.jpeg.a88c5a41be4e9e2f07340caa9013decb.jpeg

😱😱  Still the goodest girl though!!  How can you be mad at that face?!

• Like 7

24 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Is the” Parking Spot” the one on Montour Run rd ( by At Home) that went out of business during covid?  I could walk there if i needed to lol

Edited by SteelCityCruiser10

6 minutes ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

Is the” Parking Spot” the one on Montour Run rd ( by At Home) that went out of business during covid?  I could walk there if i needed to lol

Near the intersection of Flaugherty Run Road and Moon Clinton Road.  Not sure if that Parking Spot is the same one, but we saw one of their shuttles broken down when we returned this week.  

Yeah, construction at the airport is a mess.

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

Don’ know your secret to getting them to bloom so nice every year. Ours always look horrible.  Maybe that’s because I don’t have a clue how to prune them. 

Jmh’s comments are correct.

The white hydrangeas get trimmed to the ground in the fall and the pinks get partially pruned in the spring. We spray all of them twice over 2 weeks, when they start to grow for leaf tier (small caterpillars). They basically lessen the flowers we get. In a nutshell the glue 2 leafs together and lessen flower production.

1 hour ago, jmh2006 said:

The secret to pruning Hydrangea's is to know what type you have, blooms on new wood or old wood.  You have to find that out, otherwise you might be pruning next years flower buds without realizing it.  

• Like 4

I grilled some pork chops tonight. 

IMG_5924.thumb.jpeg.5c244dfbe4234a5255821d9c092793cd.jpeg

Lucy supervised. 

IMG_5923.thumb.jpeg.faef6a2f781a3f2a4023297574ba2adf.jpeg

Finished product. For those that don’t like peas I got you covered. 

IMG_5925.thumb.jpeg.7c4c19fb27bf1e5f11d0edf2406cbb86.jpeg

• Like 16
  • Haha 6

8 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Near the intersection of Flaugherty Run Road and Moon Clinton Road.  Not sure if that Parking Spot is the same one, but we saw one of their shuttles broken down when we returned this week.  

Yeah, construction at the airport is a mess.

I was thinking if a different place.  

I know exactly where that is.  We have considered but never used the parking shuttles.  I will check that out.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

Birthday Blantons.  Good a time as any to crack it open.

IMG_3435.thumb.jpeg.bcfad483ec03bf08d1abcc1f014ab025.jpeg

Does this mean you are celebrating your Birthday by any chance?😁