Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

8 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

So glad you managed to get a bit of cruising for such a happy occasion.

And 4 nights of fine dining to boot 🥰

I understand that no ports were involved? From where did you sail? Any Covid "presence"?

Thanks Dani.

We stayed another night last night in Southampton where we sailed from and have just got back to our house after a 7 hour drive.

We had a nice breakfast in a Southampton restaurant before we left Southampton.

Graham.

IMG_20210827_095024.jpg

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

@island lady I love the pen. Majesty of the Seas was our first RC cruise.

🙂  I have quite the collection of pens.  Last day or two of a cruise, I challenge myself to get my onboard credit balance (the non-refundable kind) to the lowest possible credit balance.  The logo pens usually fill in nicely.  My record is leaving a .03 balance on my OBC account.  😄 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Oh, how lovely! So glad you were able to cruise again; the perfect way to celebrate your anniversary. 

The food looks amazing. What are the green items in this dish? I love the way they are presented. 

Thank you.

The little glass was cucumber Mojito.

The big glass was 

Alaskan Snow crab, Langoustine and Salmon Caviar Cocktail.

Graham.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Is it old San Juan Puerto Rico.  I’m not sure that that’s a cooler place but it’s the only other colorful place I can think of.

Copenhagen 

Nyhaven to be exact. Lovely place to start or end a cruise. We'll be back next August

• Like 4

3 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Why is there a need to have a post count?I have been posting 22 years on a nostalgia board.There has never been a post count and nobody has a problem.

Not sure why.  Don't really pay much attention to it.  So it does not bother me much.  😉 

1 minute ago, island lady said:

Not sure why.  Don't really pay much attention to it.  So it does not bother me much.  😉 

I miss how you could click on a thread and see how many posts everyone had. Been gone for years

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Copenhagen 

Nyhaven to be exact. Lovely place to start or end a cruise. We'll be back next August

Nyhavn is lovely in Copenhagen for restaurants and bars.

The Admiral hotel is only 5 minutes walk away.

Graham.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, island lady said:

🙂  I have quite the collection of pens.  Last day or two of a cruise, I challenge myself to get my onboard credit balance (the non-refundable kind) to the lowest possible credit balance.  The logo pens usually fill in nicely.  My record is leaving a .03 balance on my OBC account.  😄 

There is a guy who cruises a lot on RCI he makes pens as a hobby and gives them out to people on cruises.I have 2.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Several of you have mentioned playing Monopoly....???

It's cute term for a forced "time out" from CC (banned from posting, but could read).  Supposed to be a penalty for not following the rules of which they determine at their will. 

I have had just one that was 3 days, which so far...shockingly...is my only one.  There are several on here that have had several, lasting longer each time.  We lost Troy/M8 to his final "walk the plank" ban.  Even when he "reinvented" himself.  😉 

Find it much easier to avoid if I stick to nice tame threads like this.  The main RCI boards can get quite ugly at times...sadly.  😞 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Nyhavn is lovely in Copenhagen for restaurants and bars.

The Admiral hotel is only 5 minutes walk away.

Graham.

When my daughter was going to college in the UK she met students from all over the world.One who she became very good friends with lives in Copenhagen .My daughter went to visit her a few years ago and loved the city.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, island lady said:

It's cute term for a forced "time out" from CC (banned from posting, but could read).  Supposed to be a penalty for not following the rules of which they determine at their will. 

I have had just one that was 3 days, which so far...shockingly...is my only one.  There are several on here that have had several, lasting longer each time.  We lost Troy/M8 to his final "walk the plank" ban.  Even when he "reinvented" himself.  😉 

Find it much easier to avoid if I stick to nice tame threads like this.  The main RCI boards can get quite ugly at times...sadly.  😞 

I know the feeling 😀

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, island lady said:

I absolutely agree with you Pat.

Shame about M8 Rory.

I wonder if his new house is built now?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, island lady said:

My October cruise price dropped so I now have $535. OBC.  Maybe I can pick up a pen or 2.  And maybe a few TSOTD.   

Something funny just happened.  When I type, suggested words pop up on my iPad.  When I typed just TS, TSOTD popped up.  Is that a common abbreviation?  I can only really remember seeing it here.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thanks Dani.

We stayed another night last night in Southampton where we sailed from and have just got back to our house after a 7 hour drive.

We had a nice breakfast in a Southampton restaurant before we left Southampton.

Graham.

IMG_20210827_095024.jpg

It must be your camera! Your food always looks so much better than mine. 
It’s wonderful that you got to enjoy a lovely  cruise for your anniversary. 

Edited by jagsfan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

My October cruise price dropped so I now have $535. OBC.  Maybe I can pick up a pen or 2.  And maybe a few TSOTD.   

Something funny just happened.  When I type, suggested words pop up on my iPad.  When I typed just TS, TSOTD popped up.  Is that a common abbreviation?  I can only really remember seeing it here.

Ooohh...535.00 in pen purchases.  You could start your own gift shop!!  😉  I kind of thought it was funny that I had 3 RCI logo pens in my carry on with me up here in Maine.  😄 

• Like 2

Packed a light cooler for lunch, drove out to Great Pond Mountain hiking area.  Beautiful day for a hike.  Half way through our hike, we found a nice little picnic spot at turn around on Alamoosook lake.  Also visited the Salmon hatchery out there, very educational.  They have 4-6 year old salmon in large holding pools they use to extract eggs for restocking.  

20210827_115347.jpg

20210827_115417.jpg

• Like 12