Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

11 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Does the program learn from your past postings? Kind of like youtube knows more about what I would like to watch than I do.

Maybe cookies or an Apple thing.  Reminds of Facebook users telling me they were talking about a certain item and a while latter it pops up in an ad.

7 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Looks nicer than those 70’s vans I remember.  Sure they had carpet and a mattress thrown into the back but not like this.

Back in the 60's and early 70's did people have a need for much more than a mattress thrown in the back?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, island lady said:

It's cute term for a forced "time out" from CC (banned from posting, but could read).  Supposed to be a penalty for not following the rules of which they determine at their will. 

I have had just one that was 3 days, which so far...shockingly...is my only one.  There are several on here that have had several, lasting longer each time.  We lost Troy/M8 to his final "walk the plank" ban.  Even when he "reinvented" himself.  😉 

Find it much easier to avoid if I stick to nice tame threads like this.  The main RCI boards can get quite ugly at times...sadly.  😞 

Thank you for the explanation, Pat.  Now it makes sense!  

I agree with you about the ugly posts...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

There is a great deal of Dutch influence in Curaçao because of its relationship to Denmark. I too believed it to be Curaçao.

Our first time visiting Curacao was during a hurricane...I believe it may have been 1990.  We were told it was the first time in 100 years that the Walking Bridge was closed.  Luckily for us, we had an excursion booked, where a taxi picked us up at the ship and drove over a bridge that brought us into town.  It was very crowded that day...as it turned out, Queen Beatrice from the Netherlands was visiting...we actually saw her as her entourage passed in front of us.  

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

You were there?  Woodstock was held on my 21st Birthday, August 15th.  Big decision to be made...head up to Woodstock, or down to Manasquan, NJ.  Manasquan won out.  I only knew one friend of mine who did experience Woodstock.  The talent that was there!!!!  The legends!!!!!  Lucky you!!!

I was stationed at Ft Sill Oklahoma during Woodstock 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Looks nicer than those 70’s vans I remember.  Sure they had carpet and a mattress thrown into the back but not like this.

I wish I had pictures to prove it. But I had one of those vans, a Ford (as I drummer needed to be able to haul my drums, partial excuse) but I did get it customized by one of those custom guys. It had;

Orange and black shag carpet on the floor and walls

Wood paneled ceiling with airplane lights

Platform bed in back with orange crush velvet covered mattress

Custom speakers through out.

Paint job on the outside was plain as I did not want to draw too much attention.

It was cool back then, like I said I wish I had a picture. Fun times

Edited by Sea Dog
  • Like 8
  • Haha 2

Another day with grandkids today.  It seems we are doing repeats now, but I guess that happens when you try to fill every day.  Today, we started out at an animal park. 

Butterflies

DD402AE3-56F5-4D25-933C-44FE58540EB2.thumb.jpeg.bb0f4575fdb9e8c5f5794fc00712e143.jpeg

And bears, oh my!

574CEDD2-F2DB-4541-806E-5849DAE32957.thumb.jpeg.0e8a5ebdbb26db76ce37bb2729815e4d.jpeg

Feeding giraffes

5DF04CFB-35F1-479E-B335-F6B2AAD17CC6.thumb.jpeg.b664bcc5250f1d98baa91aa4ef0cd95d.jpeg

and riding horses

A763C3FF-627F-4A50-9B13-F8F4939ABA0F.thumb.jpeg.c385b7a49c2429ea88f54900f3bd0808.jpeg

When I saw this sign, I thought of Harry

2F6A6FB0-5451-4100-822B-622353A83FEE.thumb.jpeg.bd4d05452a64756ee985aebc6381323b.jpeg

A late lunch stop at Primanti Brothers. 

EB49F25D-D5EC-4DB0-A558-41CE32C98CAD.thumb.jpeg.243620a25709b5ca6da44cd44596ada8.jpeg

As many times as I have eaten there, I never tried their pastrami sandwich.  I just may have found a new favorite. 

5FF33A73-3AB1-4AE3-A53C-6426664D17B7.thumb.jpeg.47d3a6f5a20ab69da12c7ab3f9638be8.jpeg

Now , we are enjoying and outdoor concert with music of the 70’s.  A nice ending for the week. 

• Like 8

I’m way behind again and can’t possibly comment on all the posts I’d like to. But I am caught up on reading them all.  
I will say it looks like @grapau27 Graham & Pauline had  wonderful cruise for their anniversary and looks like @DaniDanielleis having fun too.

I’m also enjoying TreeSkier’s Alaskan cruise thread.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

To my fellow Northern California cruisers - how is the air in your area today? 

With the wind shift starting today and the various wild fires out there, looks like we easily have the worst air in the country today per Purpleair.com.  Starting to feel like being on Mars again with the orange taint starting to build as the day wears on.

1738516068_Screenshot2021-08-27153314.thumb.jpg.3f373e470d0ad2da5e88e9aa6d5f99ff.jpg

I'm seeing number eye popping numbers by Lake Tahoe at over 600.  The chart from web site is is only going up to 500. So their air quality is really "off the chart"...

468127374_Screenshot2021-08-27154059.thumb.jpg.cbaf79ddba9b09bc438804128a7f8221.jpg

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

I wish I had pictures to prove it. But I had one of those vans, a Ford (as I drummer needed to be able to haul my drums, partial excuse) but I did get it customized by one of those custom guys. It had;

Orange and black shag carpet on the floor and walls

Wood paneled ceiling with airplane lights

Platform bed in back with orange crush velvet covered mattress

Custom speakers through out.

Paint job on the outside was plain as I did not want to draw too much attention.

It was cool back then, like I said I wish I had a picture. Fun times

Those were the days, my friend....we thought they'd never end...

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, harryfat1 said:

To my fellow Northern California cruisers - how is the air in your area today? 

My son is in the north bay, and they are at 150 to 170.  He says he could smell the smoke when he picked up our grandson from school today.  

A friend lives up in El Dorado, and it is really bad up there.  More evacuations, and they can’t go outdoors it is so bad.  

6 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

My son is in the north bay, and they are at 150 to 170.  He says he could smell the smoke when he picked up our grandson from school today.  

A friend lives up in El Dorado, and it is really bad up there.  More evacuations, and they can’t go outdoors it is so bad.  

Yeah, the El Dorado area is where one of the many fires in the state is burning - south of Lake Tahoe on this map where you get deep purple colors and some above 500. 

1021577747_Screenshot2021-08-27161434.thumb.jpg.6f14d50401933aaba6b71001cb2f6537.jpg

Other states worry about rain and flood.  We worry about fire and smoke.  We will gladly accept half of the rain from any storm out there to put out all the fires.

The winds shifted starting last night so the bay area is due for a heatwave this weekend on top of bad air blowing our way.  Think this weekend will be a stay inside the house weekend.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

If your son is in the north bay, he will remember last September when it was the worse it's ever been.

New article for those unfamiliar with the orange skies.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/sep/09/orange-sky-california-fires-smoke-san-francisco

This is picture from my cell phone of the neighborhood last September.  Un-altered with no photoshop.  It's as orange as it looks on picture

43075.thumb.jpeg.27877ef04ffbc4b08337efefc79de9aa.jpeg

• Like 2