Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

29 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Love that picture.  We were supposed to have been in Venice a couple of weeks ago. 😞

I think that Venice has a very special light.

19 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I’m back from my unexpected vacation/holiday. 
M8

Already a few days ago I was wondering why you "disappeared" 😁 Glad you're back.

20 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I don’t think we are allowed to share the same cell. 😇

M8

All kidding aside, I hope everything is OK with John.  It's been a couple of weeks since he posted and that's not like him.  I think I remember that they moved to be closer to Laura's brother who had medical issues.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

All kidding aside, I hope everything is OK with John.  It's been a couple of weeks since he posted and that's not like him.  I think I remember that they moved to be closer to Laura's brother who had medical issues.

John is fine. I’m sure he appreciates your concern. ❤️

M8

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

John still kept his beach side condo, will use it in the summer.  He is spending the winters near Ocala in an "over 55" community there.  Indeed close to Laura's brother, which I seem to understand, was in a nursing home.  

I think they are quite busy with remodeling the new place.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I could have sworn I saw his twin sister around. But maybe it's just my over active imagination. 😄

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, island lady said:

Sigh...we are supposed to be headed to Barcelona right now. 🤕  The hotel I booked for 3 nights prior to B2B Med cruise, and then the TA...would not refund.  They even sent me a painful email welcoming me to the hotel and the "trust" I put in them to stay with them.  😒

"Land Yacht" now getting ready to go to take us to the Florida Keys for 3 week trip as replacement.  🏝️

10 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Had the same problem with my Venice hotel.  It was booked non-refundable and the hotel would not refund.  I got both a welcome email and a "how was your stay" email afterward.

Bummer! That is too bad about the hotels. You really think they would make an exception considering the circumstances and travel restrictions. We were fortunate that our Barcelona hotel did not require a deposit. And they were very kind about the cancellation. I am sorry to hear that other places were not. 

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 2

On 10/12/2020 at 2:04 PM, HBE4 said:

It does look like the kind of car Darth Vader would drive.

With all the power on tap, how do the snow tires handle it? I would imagine you'd have to be very gentle with the gas pedal, plus have the assistance of  a "winter/snow" setting on the transmission to limit wheel spin.

This will be the second winter for this Jeep. There is a “snow” mode but I have never used it. The most fun is putting it in track mode and finding a snow covered parking lot for some donut drifting.

When driving properly there really isn’t much of an issue as the tires hook up just right. The only issue is, if there is substantial snow fall the clearance is rather low. On those days I either work from home or take truck.  This year I got new set of snow tires and powder coated the rims a second time. They have been on the two SRT8 Jeeps I’ve had previously to the Trackhawk.

• Like 2

On 10/12/2020 at 9:20 AM, HBE4 said:

Why not? The Christmas displays at Home Depot outnumber the Halloween displays and The Hallmark channel seems to be airing Christmas movies.

42 minutes ago, singinalot said:

I cleared the space in the living room and brought up the box...I'm thinking it will be up by the end of this week!

Have my DVR set for Hallmark every Saturday night for the next 3 months. HA. I  have to watch them when hubby's not home.

I would not tell either of you what to do.  To each their own. I will not give up on Thanksgiving as a holiday.  

#thanksgivingmatters

Edited by Domino D
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, singinalot said:

I cleared the space in the living room and brought up the box...I'm thinking it will be up by the end of this week!

Have my DVR set for Hallmark every Saturday night for the next 3 months. HA. I  have to watch them when hubby's not home.

Awesome! And very healthy.  You should have a pumpkin tree topper for the next few weeks. 🙂

Yeah, I always make fun of my family members that are obsessed with the Hallmark Christmas movies. I'll ask: "Is this the one where the big city career woman moves back to her small home town to save her Fathers failing business and reunites with her high school crush"? Or "is this the one where the globe-trotting guy returns to his home town to take care of his sick Mom, resolve difference with estrange Dad and reunites with high school crush".

Because I'm pretty sure that how all the movies go. With snow in the background and children singing carols randomly on the street everywhere! 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, HBE4 said:

Awesome! And very healthy.  You should have a pumpkin tree topper for the next few weeks. 🙂

This seems like a simple, yet elegant, compromise between early Christmas decorators and Thanksgiving purists.

10 minutes ago, Domino D said:

I would not tell either of you what to do.  To each their own. I will not give up on Thanksgiving as a holiday.  

#thanksgivingmatters

Happy "HalloThanksMas!" And a Merry "KwanaHanuYear" 🥂🍻

EDIT: In all seriousness, I like to take my holidays one at a time. Except when Thanksgiving is "late" in Nov and there is only a 3 week gap until Christmas....then the tree might go up early. .....early being Thanksgiving weekend.

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 1

No love for Halloween?  My wife is a crazy, over the top, Halloween freak (and I say that in the most loving way).  We literally (and I use that word the way it was meant to be used) have more Halloween stuff stored in our basement than Christmas stuff.  Over the years, I've built (and still have) a full sized coffin, a fog cooler (for one of our 4 fog machines), a working guillotine, fake walls/doors, and numerous other things that tie into whatever theme we have for a particular year.  That's right...we have a theme each year.  It's been a spooky wedding, haunted hospital, wild west, Harry Potter, Frankenstein...you get the picture.  We have about a dozen skeletons that are dressed for the theme, and of course our costumes match as well.  Halloween planning starts in early September.  Poor Thanksgiving gets somewhat lost between Halloween and Christmas.

The haunted hospital waiting room:

image.thumb.png.79dd9a4c175a42641a9b7e7e9ca10e06.png

Gringotts bank teller:

image.thumb.png.691c606a281cf9e038046daf248cd6c6.png

Guillotine:

_CM_8275.thumb.jpg.963b25be94144e063052c346b43af71d.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

New curbs are in at mom’s place. The laneway is now again equal to the height of the gravel road. Had to add 12” of A gravel to make them equal though. Amazing how much the road has raised over close to 25 years. All prep here and my place is done, other than a road sweeper the day of paving. That’s next week. Dirt and seed to follow shortly after. 

BDBBEBB5-2E82-46AA-B620-C8C0E4BF6AE5.thumb.jpeg.7b72018471f9345ca5a681e44187a6f6.jpeg

After lunch I dry dusted and blew off the antique oil can I bought in an auction a few weeks ago. I made the mistake of opening the pour lid, only to be met by the wafting smell that I immediately recognized as dead mouse. After taking off the larger lid I shook out two petrified dead mice, and a small nest.  I did get it all blown out and was I covered with a confetti of things that I don’t want to think about. 

6C09A35B-FEA4-47CA-AA1A-7FC26744E585.thumb.jpeg.012fd93c40907e16fc77d94e2372e805.jpeg

After that I enjoyed a wonderful shower, while my work clothes enjoyed their own wash.  We grabbed Owen from school and ran to the local pharmacy for the Flu Shot.  Arm is hurting a bit.  Hopefully the next one will be for CV19 with a cruise to follow not long after.  I, like many here, could use one about now.🤞🤪

E39E41D8-A47C-4429-9DA1-A539350F3BBF.thumb.jpeg.bbefd87b6fb5f4e1b4764c6396fbfed6.jpeg

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 5

6 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Happy "HalloThanksMas!" And a Merry "KwanaHanuYear" 🥂🍻

6 hours ago, singinalot said:

oh I'm definitely not giving up Thanksgiving.

I am declaring my #thanksgivingmatters social media campaign (one post on this thread) a success. 

5 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

No love for Halloween?  

Happy Halloween, your decorations are awesome.

• Like 1