Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Yesterday, I installed a new amplifier to fix the PA system at the middle school campus. (Yes, I know, we should have a IP-based PA system.)

I installed a new analog POE clock at the elementary school campus this afternoon.IMG_20201011_155111839.thumb.jpg.70af301aa713f074b7117db2a545bb44.jpg

Edited by soremekun
  • Like 2

I spent some time outside with the camera. Soybean Harvest 2020 continues. Less than 50 acres left. The neighbours have also been busy with their harvest.😉

Almost full. 

3B2DE691-984B-402D-AD4E-2031FC693A1F.thumb.jpeg.c2e6bca4e317256020a1c6900a27a9c8.jpeg

513B885C-F0E9-47BE-BC28-1F3D04CCC28E.thumb.jpeg.000823847dd69aea434ba8dee99a1115.jpeg

Unloading on the move. 

5D500088-2BAC-45BB-B179-801DCC6C18D9.thumb.jpeg.dc5620ba23328d46c820d894092ccdc3.jpeg

The beans are dry today, and the dust was heavy. 

D07D38FA-3DD8-4109-B3FB-94781A471B55.thumb.jpeg.07aeb1e10721c1931cf43b5aa0cc3a39.jpeg

Unloading into gravity wagons which will be to be taken to the elevator.

5442F67C-4BC9-4B26-850D-8892F401E308.thumb.jpeg.9f84e9de107a5e95de3c1346ec2987c9.jpeg

0BB02AFC-92AD-414C-8757-430AB994A2EE.thumb.jpeg.bcac6bbee029513d2a510664c33bc9e3.jpeg

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, singinalot said:

seriously considering putting up my christmas tree because it makes me happy 🤷‍♀️

Why not? The Christmas displays at Home Depot outnumber the Halloween displays and The Hallmark channel seems to be airing Christmas movies. Although they are really just thinly disguised love stories with numerous Christmas trees in the background. 

Besides, there is scientific proof now to start decorating early is healthy.

https://www.bhg.com/christmas/decorating/9-reasons-why-its-never-too-early-for-christmas-decorations-281474979817744/

Edited by HBE4

12 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

And the last, some fall colours. This was the hardest to pick, after almost 100 pictures.  Beautiful day today for sure.

3DA15A85-F118-4152-BAD5-B2E8D1516EA0.thumb.jpeg.1f1529daa65a862d44790b1a0cba8bb9.jpeg

Amazing colours! Just added a fall foliage cruise to the bucket list. :classic_laugh:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

For some reason, when I read this. I instantly thought, "The sea was angry that day, my friends".  Too much Seinfeld when I was younger.

One of the best episodes, just saw it again the other day.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Why not? The Christmas displays at Home Depot outnumber the Halloween displays and The Hallmark channel seems to be airing Christmas movies. Although they are really just thinly disguised love stories with numerous Christmas trees in the background. 

Besides, there is scientific proof now to start decorating early is healthy.

You Hallmark comment had me laughing. Sadly we will be looking at hanging the Christmas lights in November while the weather is warmer. Won’t plug them in until December 1st though. 

Winter tires go on the stormtrooper in a couple weeks. Not because of the risk of snow, but because it runs summer tires the rest of the year and as the weather gets colder they do not handle the same.  The snow better not fly until late December, January would be better. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

stormtrooper ???

It’s my daily driver, a Jeep Trackhawk.  It is factory supercharged with 707HP, white with black trim.  It has a few other goodies, but needs the winter tires to go in the snow. 

This photo is at Bristol Motor Speedway. 

00F06FAA-F5A3-434D-9A75-8D31ED8617A4.thumb.jpeg.e1fec54582af42a21f140b181214b1d4.jpeg

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, A&L_Ont said:

It’s my daily driver, a Jeep Trackhawk.  It is factory supercharged with 707HP, white with black trim.  It has a few other goodies, but needs the winter tires to go in the snow. 

This photo is at Bristol Motor Speedway. 

00F06FAA-F5A3-434D-9A75-8D31ED8617A4.thumb.jpeg.e1fec54582af42a21f140b181214b1d4.jpeg

I guess it would.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

It does look like the kind of car Darth Vader would drive.

With all the power on tap, how do the snow tires handle it? I would imagine you'd have to be very gentle with the gas pedal, plus have the assistance of  a "winter/snow" setting on the transmission to limit wheel spin.

17 hours ago, island lady said:

Installing the new TV on wall hanger...sound bars were next, base cabinet comes tomorrow.

What brand sound bar did you choose?  Planning now for our new Florida house.  I like the Sonos Arc for the whole house music capability but Sonos is NOT cheap.

I’m back from my unexpected vacation/holiday. 

Biketoberfest technically begins Thursday but many bikers are already in town.  Looks like the weather is going to be nice. I’ll post some pictures later in the week. 

We are hosting a party/cookout tomorrow for a few of our friends. This has been an annual thing with us during the Bike events here. I’ll try to take some photos. 

From the traffic I see in and around Ormond & Daytona Beach, it’s going to be a very busy weekend, it’s going to be a big one. 

M8

Edited by Milwaukee Eight
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

What brand sound bar did you choose?  Planning now for our new Florida house.  I like the Sonos Arc for the whole house music capability but Sonos is NOT cheap.

Sony TV, added in separate Sony sound bar and base "Woofer".   Nice picture and sound.  Sony's are notorious for bad sound on just TV alone, so we made sure to get the sound bar supplement this time...especially for the larger room we installed it in with the higher ceilings.  

Edited by island lady
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Love that picture.  We were supposed to have been in Venice a couple of weeks ago. 😞

Sigh...we are supposed to be headed to Barcelona right now. 🤕  The hotel I booked for 3 nights prior to B2B Med cruise, and then the TA...would not refund.  They even sent me a painful email welcoming me to the hotel and the "trust" I put in them to stay with them.  😒

"Land Yacht" now getting ready to go to take us to the Florida Keys for 3 week trip as replacement.  🏝️

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1

Just now, island lady said:

Sigh...we are supposed to be headed to Barcelona right now. 🤕  The hotel I booked for 3 nights prior to B2B Med cruise, and then the TA...would not refund.  They even sent me a painful email welcoming me to the hotel and the "trust" I put in them to stay with them.  😒

Had the same problem with my Venice hotel.  It was booked non-refundable and the hotel would not refund.  I got both a welcome email and a "how was your stay" email afterward.

• Like 1