Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, George C said:

Thank you Dani, we are going out tonight to celebrate, will order surf and turf with a bottle of Caymus Cabernet to wash it all down, our favorite restaurant also has half price wines on Tuesday so birthday fell on a good day 😁

Not only a good day -- Tuesday is a double blessed day 😁 [A careful reading of Genesis 1:9-13 (the third day of creation) reveals that it is the day of double blessing]

In Israel there are 2 days during the week where the rates are higher than the other days -- Tuesday [double blessing day] and Thursday [because usually Friday people don't work]. 

Usually, weddings are held in the evening, and Saturday -- no weddings at all.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

We also love XM radio for the many choices it offers, but our favorite is when on a road trip. No need to scroll or scan to find a station we like. 

We typically just use iPod

15 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

I graduated St. Peter’s 1967, sadly it closed a few years back.  Silver Lake concerts every Wednesday!  My best friend was at the Hill.  We usually ended up at Pal Joeys.

I was sort of in Staten Island this morning.My son in law who lives near me was on a road trip with my two grand daughters to check out colleges in Indiana,Ohio and PA.The kids Face Timed me from the car and I got to virtually travel with them from the Belt Parkway to the Staten Island Expressway.

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Being a musician and life time lover of music, I save everything. I have over 500 Cd's, I have over 100 vinyl albums even though some of them I have the cd also. My iTunes collection of digital music is over 40,000 songs, 30K of it is Christmas music which I collect. I regularly use Spotify, Pandora, TuneIn and other streaming services. My taste goes from classical to jazz to electronic to ambient to rock. If it's good music it's good to me.

We used to have a CD changer that held 100 CD's. Long gone

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I was sort of in Staten Island this morning.My son in law who lives near me was on a road trip with my two grand daughters to check out colleges in Indiana,Ohio and PA.The kids Face Timed me from the car and I got to virtually travel with them from the Belt Parkway to the Staten Island Expressway.

Keep your eyes on the road😉

47 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Being a musician and life time lover of music, I save everything. I have over 500 Cd's, I have over 100 vinyl albums even though some of them I have the cd also. My iTunes collection of digital music is over 40,000 songs, 30K of it is Christmas music which I collect. I regularly use Spotify, Pandora, TuneIn and other streaming services. My taste goes from classical to jazz to electronic to ambient to rock. If it's good music it's good to me.

I have 300 CD’s,100 vinyl albums ,4 cassettes and a demo that friends and I recorded in 1957 that was a no hit wonder.We did a Paul Robeson song which was not a good choice .However,my friend Tim had a great voice and later on sang with a Doo Wop group that was a one hit wonder and eventually joined the Metropolitan Opera.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

We used to have a CD changer that held 100 CD's. Long gone

Kind of the like the VHS player. I have not had one for years. I remember having a Sony Betamax. Remember those?

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, mets07 said:

I went to my first baseball game (actually games, it was a double-header) of the year last evening. What a great feeling after all this pandemic time!

The Mets won the first game and lost the second. I got to see Jacob deGrom do his usual pitching magic in the first game.  

As a point of interest, very few masks anywhere in sight. 

I only took one picture (attached) to show my husband I had arrived at Citi Field.

20210621_162859.jpg

We watched you!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I have 2 VCR’s and several hundred VHS movies.

Kind of like that for DVD's. I've got hundreds. I've sold some but you never get back what you paid . We had a ton of children's dvd's when Jonathan was young. Ended up giving them away to parents who were expecting. Made for good gifts.

16 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

I grew up in the Silver Lake area and now we are not far away in West Brighton.  My father was from New Brighton!  Tottenville was a Sunday outing for us😊

Marietta, proud  Native Islander

Many of my former co workers at my long time job moved from Bay Ridge to SI and still live there.One lives in the New Dorp area .I am not in contact with any but I have several former work friends who are in touch with all these people.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Kind of like that for DVD's. I've got hundreds. I've sold some but you never get back what you paid . We had a ton of children's dvd's when Jonathan was young. Ended up giving them away to parents who were expecting. Made for good gifts.

I have a portable DVD player and hundreds of DVD’s .Many of them are music  that I enjoy watching over and over.

59 minutes ago, mets07 said:

I went to my first baseball game (actually games, it was a double-header) of the year last evening. What a great feeling after all this pandemic time!

The Mets won the first game and lost the second. I got to see Jacob deGrom do his usual pitching magic in the first game.  

As a point of interest, very few masks anywhere in sight. 

I only took one picture (attached) to show my husband I had arrived at Citi Field.

20210621_162859.jpg

Mr and Mrs Met were at the game.I met Mrs.Met a few years ago at a fund raiser .I was wearing a METS tee shirt and she took a picture with me .However,she did not speak and people said that Mrs.Met May be a guy.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, George C said:

Thank you Dani, we are going out tonight to celebrate, will order surf and turf with a bottle of Caymus Cabernet to wash it all down, our favorite restaurant also has half price wines on Tuesday so birthday fell on a good day 😁

Have a great celebration ,George.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, grapau27 said:

It was nice to get away but some issues with Pauline's sister and her husband soured the break. 

I'm so sorry that you have that perpetual cloud darkening your skies...

Sometimes, blood is thinner than water 😢

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Kind of the like the VHS player. I have not had one for years. I remember having a Sony Betamax. Remember those?

I bought the original Sony Betamax in October 1976 , first thing I taped was Yankee playoff game. It was 1100 and one hour tapes were 15 dollars. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I have a portable DVD player and hundreds of DVD’s .Many of them are music  that I enjoy watching over and over.

Most of mine of concert dvd's when they were very popular. Got to the point where I would rather watch a concert dvd than go to the concert. Sound and visuals were always better.

On 6/21/2021 at 9:51 AM, bobmacliberty said:

We gave up the news several years ago and it was one of the best things we've done.  Don't miss it at all.  If something important is happening and manages to break through our bubble of ignorance, I'll usually check it out online using BBC World News.  Seems to me to be more neutral than the US based news sources.  I'd be interested if you UK people think the same.  

I have heard of others doing the same.  Seems to me that the  U.S. major network news channels think that bad news is good news.  Tired of the hype as well.  Just gets me upset, and seems to be a rehash of the same crap anyway and way too many obnoxious ads that were getting worse.  Seemed more ads than actual news lately.  

Indeed has been refreshing not to hear it the last few weeks.  Didn't realize until now how it seemed to be habit to turn it on every morning...and get upset or depressed.  You are on to something there my friend.  😉 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, George C said:

I bought the original Sony Betamax in October 1976 , first thing I taped was Yankee playoff game. It was 1100 and one hour tapes were 15 dollars. 

I was convinced that Beta was better than VHS in quality but the Sony's were so expensive that they died because VHS had become more affordable. I even used the Beta to record hours worth of music that was the same quality as my reel to reel.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sea Dog said:

Most of mine of concert dvd's when they were very popular. Got to the point where I would rather watch a concert dvd than go to the concert. Sound and visuals were always better.

I have the classic Iron Butterfly song on DVD that is truly amazing to watch .

• Like 2

On 6/21/2021 at 9:55 AM, BonTexasNY said:

Wonderful presentation.

Child abuse?  Oh horrors! We only had one tv in the living room! Sunday night was ALWAYS Ed Sullivan.

I remember I was 4 (so my mom tells me) when we got our very first black and white tv.  As soon as it was plugged in, the installer put on Howdy Doody.  I was hooked! 

Me, I was a "Captain Kangaroo" girl.  😄 

• Like 5

Just now, lenquixote66 said:

I have the classic Iron Butterfly song on DVD that is truly amazing to watch .

Me too. I have a lot of favorites but two that stand out are Peter Gabriel's Secret World Live and Pink Floyd's Pulse.