Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

22 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I don't think it's Habitat for Humanity that will take the paint directly.  I think it was Matthew 25 Ministries that my neighbor said would take paint and then supply it to causes like Habitat for Humanity.  

I remember a charity outfit that did the same thing, took all the leftovers, filtered it, and mixed them all together to put in containers.  Then gave it out for free to those who needed it.  Came in every color you could think of...as long as you wanted brown.  😄

15 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I was convinced that Beta was better than VHS in quality but the Sony's were so expensive that they died because VHS had become more affordable. I even used the Beta to record hours worth of music that was the same quality as my reel to reel.

Agree , vhs also had longer tapes which everyone liked . I stayed with Beta for a long time . 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Me too. I have a lot of favorites but two that stand out are Peter Gabriel's Secret World Live and Pink Floyd's Pulse.

I agree with you.A NYC classic rock station plays the 500 best ever songs voted by the people who listen to the station over a 4 day period in July.

I listen every year.I find it nearly impossible to pick my top 50.I try and compare to the songs they play but lately a lot that they have in the 400-500 are ones that are in my top 50.Many young people do not have an appreciation of good music.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lenquixote66 said:

.Many young people do not have an appreciation of good music.

I agree. I don't want to get into a argument with anyone but IMO is that the best rock/pop songs were written in the 1960's-1970's

• Like 2

5 hours ago, sgmn said:

Sorry to hear about the Delta 😒, it is an absolute  .........!!!

Hope they can nip it in the bud before it gets out of hand 

I'm not overly optimistic it shall happen....

The majority of "us" are not "manageable" .... Every one is clever and knows better.

The motto is "no worries, everything will be OK" -- "I'll wear a mask, but below the nose, I'll quarantine, but I'll go groceries shopping, I'll do a PCR test, but 'after tomorrow' ", etc."

The rules are there to be bended.

Sometimes, only rarely, this treat [of disregarding rules/law] works for the better...

Our Secret Service (Mossad) motto is: "with cunning you shall wage war".

• Like 3

On 6/20/2021 at 10:20 AM, A&L_Ont said:

I’ve been doing it since 1993 with dark tint, but that was to work with my alarm to help hide all the car audio equipment in my Explorer. That faze lasted about 10 years.  Since then I lessened the darkness level.  LOL, my age as doubled and tint level has halved. 

I would be interested in hearing a little about your experience with PPF.  I did a little research...one option might be PPF for some areas, ceramic for others?  

Your last post mentioned how important it is to find a good shop.  Someone here recommended this shop.  The link below is their page and it includes pricing...maybe you have some input on their pricing.  

https://aplusautostyling.com/tesla/

Thanks for any info you can provide. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

soundbars have a good WAF

+1  When I looked at the soundbar on the website I thought to myself, that looks pretty sleek. 

Apparently my husband must be missing the audio gene.  He has never expressed any interest in a sound system.  Then again, our homes have been pretty small, our family room isn't much bigger than our walk in closet.  He knows its limitations I guess.

On 6/21/2021 at 9:55 AM, BonTexasNY said:

Wonderful presentation.

Child abuse?  Oh horrors! We only had one tv in the living room! Sunday night was ALWAYS Ed Sullivan.

I remember I was 4 (so my mom tells me) when we got our very first black and white tv.  As soon as it was plugged in, the installer put on Howdy Doody.  I was hooked! 

We got our first black and white TV in 1952.I watched Howdy Doody but I cannot recall how old I was.The show was on the air from 1947 to 1960 so I probably began watching it in 1952.By 1960 I was too old to be interested in the show.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Being a musician and life time lover of music, I save everything. I have over 500 Cd's, I have over 100 vinyl albums even though some of them I have the cd also. My iTunes collection of digital music is over 40,000 songs, 30K of it is Christmas music which I collect. I regularly use Spotify, Pandora, TuneIn and other streaming services. My taste goes from classical to jazz to electronic to ambient to rock. If it's good music it's good to me.

Goodness, I just have a music folder on my computer which has my favorite downloaded music.  Maybe 40 songs. I have a ways to go to catch up to you. I have a few cds in my car; Barbra, Josh Groban, Carol King, Manilow....don't judge!  😄 For short car trips  I just put on an oldie station on the car radio. Jack says I never leave one station on for longer than half a song before I switch.  He could be right. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Me, I was a "Captain Kangaroo" girl.  😄 

I never was that much into Captain Kangaroo. The first time I saw a color picture of Mr. Greenjeans I was amazed that his jeans were really green.  Remember, we only had a black and white tv for many years.   

I used to love to watch Mr. Rogers with my daughter.  Our favorite was the visit to the crayola crayon factory.  What a sweet man he was with a simple message of teaching children to love themselves the way they are. 

Years later, I was at work when my daughter called wailing.. Mommyyyy Mr. Rogers died!! I think she was 16. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, island lady said:

I have heard of others doing the same.  Seems to me that the  U.S. major network news channels think that bad news is good news.  Tired of the hype as well.  Just gets me upset, and seems to be a rehash of the same crap anyway and way too many obnoxious ads that were getting worse.  Seemed more ads than actual news lately.  

Indeed has been refreshing not to hear it the last few weeks.  Didn't realize until now how it seemed to be habit to turn it on every morning...and get upset or depressed.  You are on to something there my friend.  😉 

What we need is another Walter Cronkite.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Goodness, I just have a music folder on my computer which has my favorite downloaded music.  Maybe 40 songs.

I do the same thing. I have a folder that has my top 100. And other folders labeled. Greg's grilling and chilling (For outdoors BBQ), Greg's cool tunes contemporary and Greg's Lounge (all Sinatra ,Dean Martin, Sammy 1960's great stuff) and of course all my different Christmas stuff.

1 hour ago, Sheal said:

Apparently my husband must be missing the audio gene.  He has never expressed any interest in a sound system.  Then again, our homes have been pretty small, our family room isn't much bigger than our walk in closet.  He knows its limitations I guess.

I have a 7.1 home theatre system, with the two rear speakers, two side speakers, two front plus center channel, and the subwoofer.  I had to make it more wife friendly by using a harmony remote.  That way, she only has to select “watch tv”, or “watch a movie” or “watch Apple TV”, or “listen to music”, or “stream PC”.  The remote switches all the proper components on and you can just use the one remote to control everything.  It does take a while to program one of the remotes though.

I have been debating getting one of the Alexa enabled harmony units that would control everything by voice.  Been holding off on that, because she sometimes just has problems determining which lights to turn on or off.  Anyone else yell at Alexa when she doesn’t do what you expect?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, George C said:

Thank you Dani, we are going out tonight to celebrate, will order surf and turf with a bottle of Caymus Cabernet to wash it all down, our favorite restaurant also has half price wines on Tuesday so birthday fell on a good day 😁

Have a Happy Birthday. Sounds like a great place to go. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Hi Dani.

It was nice to get away but some issues with Paulines sister and her husband soured the break. 

We went to the beach and garden centre on Sunday and most of Monday was spent dealing with the issues caused by them.

Last night we got a McDonald's takeaway and sat looking out to sea at the beachfront.

It is 57°F and sunny this morning.

I have been out to collect my heart medication prescription and now ringing a few customers while Pauline is working from home too.

Hope everyone has a nice day.

Graham.

Sorry to hear about family issues interrupting your break.

Hopefully everything is improving on that front.     

Is this the parents of your beautiful niece?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, George C said:

Thank you Dani, we are going out tonight to celebrate, will order surf and turf with a bottle of Caymus Cabernet to wash it all down, our favorite restaurant also has half price wines on Tuesday so birthday fell on a good day 😁

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!    Sounds like a wonderful evening is planned.   

My day so far. 

Watching the devil cat while my daughter is on vacation. 

E1E8CE83-EC81-42C9-A89C-3C9FEEC30524.thumb.jpeg.b03bdd57fe0cb976a97136fa13b2eab8.jpeg

Another first!  Saw this beast while out walking.  If you look close, you can see a Smart Car tucked between the tractor cab and the 5th wheel trailer.  

FF8E5959-DD42-4EB8-AAB9-AF20EA31120A.jpeg.2ba12a323099e34c98b11bcfe626735b.jpeg

Also found some berries that will be ripe soon. 

79096774-FC23-4A40-9FEE-85431B711434.thumb.jpeg.43b8cdc47ca1c6adcbb9b1583d4cd4c5.jpeg

• Like 10

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

Goodness, I just have a music folder on my computer which has my favorite downloaded music.  Maybe 40 songs. I have a ways to go to catch up to you. I have a few cds in my car; Barbra, Josh Groban, Carol King, Manilow....don't judge!  😄 For short car trips  I just put on an oldie station on the car radio. Jack says I never leave one station on for longer than half a song before I switch.  He could be right. 

We go to table13 every Wednesday because singer Melani plays Carol King , also Carly Simon , Sinatra and others.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Many young people do not have an appreciation of good music.

My dad hated all of my generations music. 🙄 And his parents probably said that about my dads generations music. And on, and on it goes. Just sayin'...

• Like 4

Dinner last night in MTD  was so quiet, it was like we had a dedicated waiter and assistant.

I actually had a call in the afternoon from someone at the restaurant  wondering if everything was OK..   I said of course not, we had been  the previous evening, and told him we were very happy with the waiter and meal.  

Out of curiosity,  I looked at the app on the phone, wondering is the pay restaurants' had any spots available.  Tried Chops, nothing for the next 3 days. Giovanni , nothing. guess a lot of people are eating at those restaurants. 

So the dining rooms are fairly empty,  only 2 levels open, and WJ closed for dinner.

WJ only open on one side and the back,  and, as expected the selection is smaller.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, davekathy said:

My dad hated all of my generations music. 🙄 And his parents probably said that about my dads generations music. And on, and on it goes. Just sayin'...

LOL...and their parents and their parents...and so on.  And I so agree.  The kids these days have no idea what it is like to live in the real world.  They would rather have their nose in their phone and text friends versus actual face to face.  

Which brings me to this, and I always refer back to this quote I heard some time ago.  I guess things never change.  😉 

“The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers.”

Socrates

• Like 3