Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

7 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

.... and that's the whole aim / purpose/ point of this thread 🥰

And you know, I kind of feel unsettled and start wondering if all is well when our regular posters do not post for some time. ❤️
In a funny sense, I have become BFFs with everyones dads, moms, hair dressers, dogs, cats, knees, backs, building contractors, in laws, neighbors, bikini wearing amish neighbors, .......any one/thing left out?😊❤️ I am blessed.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jagsfan said:

I ignored mushy peas on my plate in restaurants for years. Then a couple of years ago I was too hungry and ate them. 
I really liked them! Now I regret the opportunities missed. 

I actually like Marrowfat peas.

The smell of garden peas makes me feel sick.

I just don't like the look of mushy peas.

2 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Wow. I've must have missed it 😉

LOL! I laughed so hard when Sunshine asked if they wore bikinis on the beach. And now whenever I see one around, Sunshine's question will always be on my mind.😊

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I went to my favorite used book store to swap a couple of books

If any of the books you picked up were by Dean Koontz, there is a pretty good chance they were mine at one point.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

If any of the books you picked up were by Dean Koontz, there is a pretty good chance they were mine at one point.

My DH puts his initials on the front page after he reads a book. Twice now he’s been interested in a book in the used book store near us, and found “DG”

on the front page. 

• Like 4

You see it?

2EAE755F-B49B-4F3F-9430-CBE48040A20B.thumb.jpeg.48fdc72cf7ae561f25fdb866283f44ab.jpeg

Some one is enjoying the new sun shade. 

CD7B2519-159C-4ECE-A58B-E9A30ED48FA5.thumb.jpeg.680c8eddc4d3112f7a5c1717b71a01dc.jpeg

She’s enjoying the view of the world. She likes watching the cover open/close but she did not get up today to watch it close today. She’s getting lazy. 

5DE70FD5-82CA-4BDA-81C1-7CBCA1D6A7B2.thumb.jpeg.2ffd44376d0600b944899ebc62665a8d.jpeg

• Like 17

That was strange.  I could log into the main CC website...but not on the boards.  Emailed CC help, and they were very quick to respond.  🙂   Either they did something that helped, or it was a ghost in the machine that just fixed itself.  

Back "on board" again.  😉  Thanks CC for the help!  

Edited by island lady
  • Like 3

Speaking of relatives,

Three weeks before our wedding, Dave’s brother and SIL decided 3.5 hours was too far to go for a “punch and cake” wedding.  Of course, he was one of the groomsmen.  I had to scramble.  My sister’s husband stepped in and did it.  It was a great shame since this was the last time all 4 brothers would have been together, the oldest died the next year.  I felt sorry for Dave and his mom.  I had trouble being polite to them, but bit my tongue for years.  

Punch and cake wedding receptions were very common in our town.  I couldn’t justify my parents spending their money on anything else.  We never had much, but I sure learned to budget.  Maybe that’s why we enjoy cruising so much.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Sounds like it will be a Wonderful Day for Everyone!

Are our invitations coming via email or snail mail - LOL!

Snail mail, and one was totally trashed. so when someone comes to the wedding reception and does not see their name on the table assignment board we have a place of honor for them.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Why private security?

The venue is attached to a Hilton.

They have facility security, but will not cover a wedding party.  Some legal mumbo jumbo.

So we pay a local cop on the side, for his services.

We actually did this 30 years ago for our wedding.

Guess we live in an untrusting state.

Safety first.

• Like 3

@Lionesss

Speaking of beer --

1951, my mother was told to drink beer, since she didn't have enough milk.

I constantly refused to "drink" and was crying myself out....

My aunt, who was a single pediatrician and made me her pet project, decided to taste the milk.

It was bitter....

To this day, I don't drink milk.

• Like 2