Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

30 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Owen is getting so tall! I've enjoyed watching him grow up through your reviews and photos. Our son is 11 and will be heading to middle school next year. Time flies SO fast. 

No kidding.  Time sure does fly.  

Today is graduation day for Owen.  The drive by ceremony is at 5 for Owen.  Pics to come.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, h20skibum said:

For something totally different, I got this text from my daughter yesterday.  It is amusing how my 6 year old granddaughter’s mind works. 

E78727DC-157A-4A9A-BF69-3400BD10048D.thumb.jpeg.7d36c9758579ece222ed47346fb73036.jpeg

I occasionally do online surveys.  One question usually lists, male, female, choose not to answer.  Yesterday the list was male, female, other.  It's a new world. Love your granddaughter's thinking.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cruise wizard said:

I am not planning to do any "Live from the Edge" but believe that Cruise Critic has a person on the ship and will be detailing the voyage. I will be posting to 2 other Edge threads for the 7/3 & 10 Connections groups to give them a heads up to what to expect.

I've got your roll call in my fave places.  Hope you can pop in there with updates.  Have a super safe and wonderful cruise filled with sunshine and smooth sails.

I've got Gambling Man on hold at the library, #108 for I think 8 copies.  Approximate wait time is 15 weeks.  No worries, I always have books to read while I wait. I have Grisham's book Sooley on reserve as well.

Edited by BonTexasNY
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Today is graduation day for Owen.  The drive by ceremony is at 5 for Owen.  Pics to come.

Congratulations to Owen on his special day. I'm sure you and Lisa are so proud of him. Enjoy the day and I look forward to the pics to come. Cheers to Owen!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

I love the Amos Decker series.

Yes, that is one of my favorite Baldacci series too.   

I like Patterson but not a big fan of the women's murder club. 

I liked the NY Red series but didn't find the new one at the used book store yet. 

I try to have my list of books I need with me but doesn't always work out since I change purses a lot or don't have purse with me when I go for bike rides and stop in the store. 

3 hours ago, cruise wizard said:

We are driving to FLL tomorrow and will board the Celebrity Edge on Saturday for a B2B2B...............finally after 15 months Cruising will be back!!!! I guess that I will have some reading to do on this thread when we return. Everybody stay safe - "talk to you in 3 weeks"!!!!!!

Ahh - that sounds wonderful.    Have a great trip and send us lots of photos.

Safe travels and enjoy 😃

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

I've got your roll call in my fave places.  Hope you can pop in there with updates.  Have a super safe and wonderful cruise filled with sunshine and smooth sails.

I've got Gambling Man on hold at the library, #108 for I think 8 copies.  Approximate wait time is 15 weeks.  No worries, I always have books to read while I wait. I have Grisham's book Sooley on reserve as well.

My goal is to post every other day.................sometimes goal posts move!!!!

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, HBE4 said:

If any of the books you picked up were by Dean Koontz, there is a pretty good chance they were mine at one point.

14 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I havent read Dean Koontz in awhile but thank you for reminding to look at them next I go to the shop.

I took a couple stuart woods, Baldacci and Patterson books and got a couple of the same to read next.

Eric has been reading Clyde Cussler, so I pick him up a new, used, one too.

One of my fav too.

13 hours ago, George C said:

Baldacci is my favorite, also like Patterson,

13 hours ago, Coralc said:

I just finished re-reading "The Taking" which is a Dean Koontz novel. (

11 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

I love the Amos Decker series.

6 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I just finished reading “The Gambling Man”.   It was really hard to get into the storyline.  Usually with Baldacci’s books, I have trouble putting them down.  This one I had trouble picking it up.

52 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

The other day I had a bout of "nostalgia" and went back to re-read Ngaio Marsh's books (a bit of Agatha Christie cum Dorothy Sayers).

A very slow rhythm of reading...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, cruise wizard said:

We are driving to FLL tomorrow and will board the Celebrity Edge on Saturday for a B2B2B...............finally after 15 months Cruising will be back!!!! I guess that I will have some reading to do on this thread when we return. Everybody stay safe - "talk to you in 3 weeks"!!!!!!

Enjoy your cruises. 

6 hours ago, cruise wizard said:

Hope you have a fabulous cruise.