Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

We have had lunch.

IMG_20210623_121112.jpg

IMG-20210623-WA0002.jpg

I always enjoy looking at the pictures you post of Pauline and your get aways!

The fish n chips from last time inspired me to make it at home yesterday........but mine turned out a disater with the fish breaking apart in pieces. Did not look like your delicious meal! I am not very good in the kitchen, unless it is just washing dishes!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Paul from Maryland said:

I do plan a site visit to talk to them.  And I found a second shop for evaluation too.

I've seen pictures where the PPF was hand cut and they made many "cuts" in the cars paint.  It was horrible!  I've seen a video where they talk about the machine-cut PPF.  And how they tuck and hide the edges.  And the benefits of using both PPF and a ceramic coating.

Thanks for the great info!

Paul,

I always meant to ask you.....Have DH and I ever met you/ on the Enchantment? Dinner table with Kendra and another couple from NY and a brother n sister? Ofcourse there could be many Pauls from Maryland!😊

3 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Paul,

I always meant to ask you.....Have DH and I ever met you/ on the Enchantment? Dinner table with Kendra and another couple from NY and a brother n sister? Ofcourse there could be many Pauls from Maryland!😊

Maybe?  I just checked, we were on the Enchantment in July of 2012.  Sorry I don't remember any names...but it does sound familiar!

Just now, island lady said:

Wow...you two really like your fish n chips!!  😉  Looks delicious!  🙂 

It is the best fish and chips we have had hence we have been here 3 times in 1 week and I have had fish and chips each time.

• Like 5

Just now, grapau27 said:

It is the best fish and chips we have had hence we have been here 3 times in 1 week and I have had fish and chips each time.

Why fix it if it's not broken? 😉

We also tend to "rinse and repeat" if we find a meal we enjoy.

• Like 6

30 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Your post has sort of been nagging at me since I read it. I've dealt with many split families and I wish I could say that your situation is unusual but it isn't. It certainly speaks volumes about the woman your father chose to marry. And maybe I shouldn't say this but, since people on this thread certainly seem to speak their minds, your father allowed it to happen. And that is what made me feel really sad when reading your post.

I can't tell you how many kids from split families  I've sat down with over the years  who are traumatized and tried to get them to see that the situation is no fault of their own. Adults are sometimes so damn ignorant and self absorbed.

Thanks.  And you are spot on totally right.  Since this was wife #3...I think my Dad was afraid to fail another marriage, and wifey poo figured that out right away.  She took over.  I know he regrets his lost relationship with myself and my sister (though sister tried much longer by buying gifts and trips for succubus as the "gimme" she is).  Me, I tired of that real quick.  You can't buy love....

Yes, I blame my Dad for letting it happen, but nothing I can do about it.  😞  Indeed sad.  Thanks for understanding.  🙂 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Your most personal post to date.

Yes, it seems children suffer the most in dysfunctional families.

This is the environment you created, Dani.  A place where people feel comfortable enough to post what they would not post elsewhere.

My sister and I were blessed growing up in a nurturing loving household.  Jack grew up the same way.  Even our aunts, uncles were wonderful.  There was ONE cousin who was a witch but she lived in the Bronx and we were in Manhattan, world's apart. 😄 The favored family lived in Brooklyn. Yay!

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Thank you for letting me ramble on and on and on.

I feel better

You go ahead we will always listen and understand. Thank you for your valuable service in healthcare. You save lives.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, sgmn said:

Looking forward to hearing more about your daughters wedding 

Sue

Our final count is 220 ish.

We are blessed that we are able to coordinate this post COVID.

Many vendors just getting back to work and are desperate for work.

We were able to get one of the best bands in the state. DJ when band on break.

Of course top shelf bar. Hour devours 5-6 

Cookie table (collecting and paybacks for all the cookies I baked)

Photo booth

Private security

Special chocolate table with a tribute section 

We even have a "flower boy"  Yup google that one.

Pictures to follow 

Well after wedding that is

• Like 12

57 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I've dealt with many split families and I wish I could say that your situation is unusual but it isn't.

Thank you for your comments to @Lionesss. I think most of us have stories of relatives who because of various reasons divide families and not unite. It is true for me. I do not speak to my aunt and uncle after a horrible experience after my mother died and they tried to get at some of the estate. I don't talk anymore to my selfish cousin who only thought about himself and did not show up to my one and only son's graduation party. No card, no excuse, nothing. I have always been fiercely loyal to my friends and family. If you can't respect that in some way in return, I am done with you. I don't ask for much but I always stand by my principals. @Lionesss you did everything right. We can't fix people, but we do have the power to not let them have a negative influence in our lives. Thank you @dani negreanu for this thread to share what's going in our daily lives. I think we can agree we are all alike than we are different. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

I don't like mushy or garden peas and always ask for beans instead 

I ignored mushy peas on my plate in restaurants for years. Then a couple of years ago I was too hungry and ate them. 
I really liked them! Now I regret the opportunities missed. 

• Like 4

I had a friend who had three sons and the whole family including wives and kids all got along and vacationed together and loved each other.  I kept telling her how rare that was!!  My father remarried and same scenario as has been related here, new wife gradually totally isolated him.  But it takes two to tango and while she was the unfortunate instigator, he let it happen.  I never understood it…but it was what it was.  I moved to another town where my late mother’s family lives.  And I changed my father in my mind to a distant relative I rarely ever saw.

So I think dysfunctional families are sadly more the norm.

Edited by helen haywood
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

I don't like mushy or garden peas and always ask for beans instead 

I knew that, you mentioned that.  I was teasing you...my bad.  😉   

I used to tease Bucky when he always said he hated sweet potatoes...until I served him mine...which are simple and not "dressed up to kill them".  Now he loves them.  😉  

But he does hate Chicken Livers and only barely tolerates Lima Beans.  Guess what I used to make for myself when he was still working and out of town.  😉 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I went to my favorite used book store to swap a couple of books and I think I saw my first Amish family at Bay Village.     I never thought about it before but was surprised to see them wondering the shops of bay village.      Wonder if they wear bikinis on the beach😇

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Our final count is 220 ish.

We are blessed that we are able to coordinate this post COVID.

Many vendors just getting back to work and are desperate for work.

We were able to get one of the best bands in the state. DJ when band on break.

Of course top shelf bar. Hour devours 5-6 

Cookie table (collecting and paybacks for all the cookies I baked)

Photo booth

Private security

Special chocolate table with a tribute section 

We even have a "flower boy"  Yup google that one.

Pictures to follow 

Well after wedding that is

Sounds like it will be a Wonderful Day for Everyone!

Are our invitations coming via email or snail mail - LOL!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jagsfan said:

I ignored mushy peas on my plate in restaurants for years. Then a couple of years ago I was too hungry and ate them. 
I really liked them! Now I regret the opportunities missed. 

I tried them for the first time on a ship (can't remember which one) during "British night" in the WJ.  Loved them...but I never met a veggie I did not like....err...no...one exception...Peppers!!  No peppers for me!  Uggh...  😜