Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

I just finished re-reading "The Taking" which is a Dean Koontz novel. (Bookbub purchase) I'm sure I read it before, but it was really creepy. Kind of a War of the Worlds thing. Fun summer read. :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, George C said:

Baldacci is my favorite, also like Patterson, just returned my a great happy hour at our favorite restaurant, free drinks and appetizers for a couple of hours totally open bar with two of our favorite singers playing. 

I just finished reading walking the wire, next is the Gambling Man.

That sounds awesome. Free drinks and appetizers along your favorite singers.  Fun🤩

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jagsfan said:

People have gotten in the habit of bringing wedding gifts to the reception as though it’s a birthday party and the gifts will be opened in front of everyone. 
So there has to be a place to put them. Two different brides here had the gifts stolen while everyone’s attention was on the bride and groom. Aside from losing the gifts, the gift givers will never get thanked and appreciated. 
Private security would be worth the cost just got that. 

It is very sad but I have heard of that happening.  One of our sons worked part time for a catering company and he used to come home with all kinds of crazy stories.

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I just finished reading walking the wire, next is the Gambling Man.

That sounds awesome. Free drinks and appetizers along your favorite singers.  Fun🤩

We spend lots of money at this place , but it’s really nice that the owners appreciate our business with freebies like tonight, they also gave us a few rounds of drinks for my birthday. I am taking Gambling man with us on my cruise in ten days.

• Like 3

I just finished reading “The Gambling Man”.   It was really hard to get into the storyline.  Usually with Baldacci’s books, I have trouble putting them down.  This one I had trouble picking it up.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, singinalot said:

Other than that, I’ve spent way too much money on prime day 🤷‍♀️

Wait, it was Prime Day?

How did I is that?  Wallet feels better though. 😁

Edit to add: glad to hear that you have the trip planned out. Pics and drone skills on point. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

We are driving to FLL tomorrow and will board the Celebrity Edge on Saturday for a B2B2B...............finally after 15 months Cruising will be back!!!! I guess that I will have some reading to do on this thread when we return. Everybody stay safe - "talk to you in 3 weeks"!!!!!!

• Like 19
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, cruise wizard said:

We are driving to FLL tomorrow and will board the Celebrity Edge on Saturday for a B2B2B...............finally after 15 months Cruising will be back!!!! I guess that I will have some reading to do on this thread when we return. Everybody stay safe - "talk to you in 3 weeks"!!!!!!

Have a great time. Will you be posting from the ship?

4 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Have a great time. Will you be posting from the ship?

I am not planning to do any "Live from the Edge" but believe that Cruise Critic has a person on the ship and will be detailing the voyage. I will be posting to 2 other Edge threads for the 7/3 & 10 Connections groups to give them a heads up to what to expect.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, cruise wizard said:

Bon Voyage...🥂

On 6/19/2021 at 7:55 PM, A&L_Ont said:

As we were wrapping up Lisa starting getting a lot of notifications on her phone. Today was Owen’s unofficial non school associated photo get together.  It was all out doors, with 7 groups of kids arriving every 30 minutes getting individual photos. The photographer will merge all the students together into one photo.

Well the rain forecast for tonight changed to late afternoon.  We all had an hour to get ready for a sooner start time. No delays with three quick showers.  Owen was all dressed up and ready to go. 

Drive up diploma at the school is later this week. 

498BA88E-2BD2-4132-BE6E-09E8357CD728.thumb.jpeg.b09feb5c7d591fa771669323ee663610.jpeg

Owen is getting so tall! I've enjoyed watching him grow up through your reviews and photos. Our son is 11 and will be heading to middle school next year. Time flies SO fast. 

• Like 3