Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

20 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I hung out in Bay Ridge and Bensonhurst.I had many friends who lived in Bensonhurst.Did you ever go to Warm Beer Lousy Food ? I am older than you but not that much.

I remember going there once or twice.  I couldn't tell you where it was.

I can be added to the club of wicked stepmothers and fathers that decided to side with the evil. My dads second wife ruined so many family events and my dad never spoke up. I still talked to him every few months about the weather and other small talk but he never asked about my husband or his grandchildren. He was very selfish. I got a call 2 years ago when he was diagnosed with cancer and placed into Hospice. I went to see him and was able to tell him exactly how I felt about him as a father. I don't know if he heard me but I needed to say it for me. 

• Like 10

52 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

Am I not the only one getting logged off randomly?

It happens to me constantly.....I also would have trouble logging in, until I began typing in my password first, and then my CC name.  

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

You see it?

2EAE755F-B49B-4F3F-9430-CBE48040A20B.thumb.jpeg.48fdc72cf7ae561f25fdb866283f44ab.jpeg

Some one is enjoying the new sun shade. 

CD7B2519-159C-4ECE-A58B-E9A30ED48FA5.thumb.jpeg.680c8eddc4d3112f7a5c1717b71a01dc.jpeg

She’s enjoying the view of the world. She likes watching the cover open/close but she did not get up today to watch it close today. She’s getting lazy. 

5DE70FD5-82CA-4BDA-81C1-7CBCA1D6A7B2.thumb.jpeg.2ffd44376d0600b944899ebc62665a8d.jpeg

You do know she is doing what she was put on earth for? For the humans to cater to her every need and desire for all the luxuries any pet wants and should have. What is yours is hers and what is hers is hers.  You do it so well for her. Happy cat happy human. 🐈

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lionesss said:

The venue is attached to a Hilton.

They have facility security, but will not cover a wedding party.  Some legal mumbo jumbo.

So we pay a local cop on the side, for his services.

We actually did this 30 years ago for our wedding.

Guess we live in an untrusting state.

Safety first.

I can definitely understand that. We didn’t need security since our reception was at the Officer’s Club. I remember there was this one older couple who stuck their head in at the door. They had been married for around 50 years. They didn’t want to “intrude”, but I got them to come it. They dance and it was great to see.

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

@Lionesss

Speaking of beer --

1951, my mother was told to drink beer, since she didn't have enough milk.

I constantly refused to "drink" and was crying myself out....

My aunt, who was a single pediatrician and made me her pet project, decided to taste the milk.

It was bitter....

To this day, I don't drink milk.

I wouldn’t drink milk as a child either and still won’t to this day. 🤮 I can eat ice cream, cheese, etc. Cereal, no problem, oj or diet soda. 😁👍🏼
Maybe that’s what happen to me also? 🤷🏼‍♀️ I have a brother and sister that will drink it. My brother would drink tons of it. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

You do know she is doing what she was put on earth for? For the humans to cater to her every need and desire for all the luxuries any pet wants and should have. What is yours is hers and what is hers is hers.

You just described my wife as a cat!!🤣🤣

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

39 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

I can definitely understand that. We didn’t need security since our reception was at the Officer’s Club. I remember there was this one older couple who stuck their head in at the door. They had been married for around 50 years. They didn’t want to “intrude”, but I got them to come it. They dance and it was great to see.

People have gotten in the habit of bringing wedding gifts to the reception as though it’s a birthday party and the gifts will be opened in front of everyone. 
So there has to be a place to put them. Two different brides here had the gifts stolen while everyone’s attention was on the bride and groom. Aside from losing the gifts, the gift givers will never get thanked and appreciated. 
Private security would be worth the cost just got that. 

• Like 3

I have had to do that on a weekly basis...no big deal...sign in again.  This was the first time I could not sign in at all  Those damn cookies!!  

Nice lady from CC emailed me back again and told me, it probably was the cookies.  Then she was cute about "just telling someone" probably scared the "bugs" out.  Was very impressed with the quick response and "human" response I received.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

Hah...very funny.  Fortunately we don't all fit that bill.  My Dad's 3rd wife yes....me no.  To give and not expect something in return is the greatest gift of all.  

• Like 3

Today was a beautiful day. While running errands I decided to drive around the chain of lakes we have close by.

And here is the famous Mary Tyler Moore house from the series based in Minneapolis. It's a private residence now and just a few short blocks from Lake of tbe Isles. But still in great shape.

20210623_155033.jpg

20210623_154948.jpg

• Like 13

8 hours ago, helen haywood said:

I had a friend who had three sons and the whole family including wives and kids all got along and vacationed together and loved each other.  I kept telling her how rare that was!!  My father remarried and same scenario as has been related here, new wife gradually totally isolated him.  But it takes two to tango and while she was the unfortunate instigator, he let it happen.  I never understood it…but it was what it was.  I moved to another town where my late mother’s family lives.  And I changed my father in my mind to a distant relative I rarely ever saw.

So I think dysfunctional families are sadly more the norm.

I once had a friend who called her mother "my father's wife". 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I was going to add that it was the same for Lisa and not only Lucy, but I didn’t. What’s Andrews’s is Lisa’s and what’s Lisa’s is Lisa’s. Same for us. I think most women joke about it like me. 😆

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Hah...very funny.  Fortunately we don't all fit that bill.  My Dad's 3rd wife yes....me no.  To give and not expect something in return is the greatest gift of all.  

When I use the saying it’s meant to be funny and not literally. I guess it does apply literally to some people, including my ex-stepmother. That’s a whole other story. 😡

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

Today was a beautiful day. While running errands I decided to drive around the chain of lakes we have close by.

And here is the famous Mary Tyler Moore house from the series based in Minneapolis. It's a private residence now and just a few short blocks from Lake of tbe Isles. But still in great shape.

20210623_155033.jpg

20210623_154948.jpg

Love old houses like that.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, island lady said:

I tried them for the first time on a ship (can't remember which one) during "British night" in the WJ.  Loved them...but I never met a veggie I did not like....err...no...one exception...Peppers!!  No peppers for me!  Uggh...  😜 

I once had slimey okra.  First and last time...shudder.

5 hours ago, derorim said:

That makes me think of "Poo Pourri" 🤪

Does anyone know if that stuff works?

1 hour ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

20210623_155033.jpg

Awww I loved that show.  I still watch reruns on you tube. I loved Rhoda's comment to Mary when she looks at a piece of chocolate and says "I don't know why I bother eating this, I should apply it directly to my hips".  🤣

• Like 3

We had a great family. Mom, dad, me. Dad died in 1979. Mom never remarried. Mom had a sister that was very much older, so I have some very distant cousins twice removed. They never really talked to dad's side of the family. So it is just me. Spoiled as an only child. No drama. And what was theirs is mine. (Unfortunately. We are still trying to get rid of it all. :classic_rolleyes:)  But I do try to share with Bill. LOL :classic_biggrin::classic_biggrin:

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, HBE4 said:

If any of the books you picked up were by Dean Koontz, there is a pretty good chance they were mine at one point.

I havent read Dean Koontz in awhile but thank you for reminding to look at them next I go to the shop.

I took a couple stuart woods, Baldacci and Patterson books and got a couple of the same to read next.

Eric has been reading Clyde Cussler, so I pick him up a new, used, one too.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I havent read Dean Koontz in awhile but thank you for reminding to look at them next I go to the shop.

I took a couple stuart woods, Baldacci and Patterson books and got a couple of the same to read next.

Eric has been reading Clyde Cussler, so I pick him up a new, used, one too.

Baldacci is my favorite, also like Patterson, just returned my a great happy hour at our favorite restaurant, free drinks and appetizers for a couple of hours totally open bar with two of our favorite singers playing. 

• Like 5