The Daily for Monday Apr 6, 2020

richwmn

1 minute ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Happy anniversary!  Sorry it has to be without family, but it counts just the same.  I'm having a large round number birthday this Wednesday at home with DH and he promises to make me a birthday cake.  I remember him celebrating this particular number birthday on the Seabourn Quest with a fabulous dinner and cake and several of our friends on board joining us. Lots of singing and photos, too.  Not quite the same for my birthday but I will make up for it on a later cruise, I promise you!

And a happy birthday to you! 

2 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Good morning Rich. Thank you for the fleet report.

Love the recipe! Thank you. I have all the ingredients except cloves. My neighbor is gone for the winter, so will go over and rummage her spice cabinet.

My favorite treat is caramel popcorn, and if we needed a fun day, today is the day!

Have a wonderful, fun Monday!

Good morning Joy!!

Geez I am always the last one to get on THE DAILY ! well being in the way coast it is 8am👍
Love  popcorn ! My DH enjoys putting some Cheetos on top👍!

Rich’s  recipe yum!! I have cloves Joy

SENDING THEM VIRTUALLY to you😉
Take care!

Rain here all week!

Denise😊

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Thank you for the daily Daily.  It seems like the Amsterdam has been missing from the last couple of reports.  We all know that it's the one at the Durban Anchorage  and I'm guessing you're working from a master document and the ship name isn't getting picked up from the copy and paste.

It's takeout McDonalds for me.  This is our fire department board meeting and I usually stop for dinner after the meeting.  This time it will be a virtual board meeting and then the drive through but it's still a bit of normalcy.

Roy

Good morning Roy!!

Thinking if you often!!  Hope your doing well? I miss your blogs and hope soon in future we all get back to normalcy and we get crying again! 
PS! I know how you enjoy McDonalds😊

Have a good virtual meeting!

Denise😊

5 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

Good morning Joy!!

Geez I am always the last one to get on THE DAILY ! well being in the way coast it is 8am👍
Love  popcorn ! My DH enjoys putting some Cheetos on top👍!

Rich’s  recipe yum!! I have cloves Joy

SENDING THEM VIRTUALLY to you😉
Take care!

Rain here all week!

Denise😊

Good morning Denise!

Cheetos on top of popcorn.. I like that!! Thanks for the cloves! 🤩

Due to rain today here. 

Have a happy dancing feet day!

Joy

• Like 1

3 hours ago, richwmn said:

today is National Caramel Popcorn Day and National Fun Day

Meal Suggestion - Alcatra de Terceira (Portuguese Slow Cooker Pot Roast) https://easyportugueserecipes.com/alcatra-de-terceira-portuguese-slow-cooker-pot-roast/

Stirrip Cay Grand Bahama Anchorage
Nieuw Statendam
Veendam
Zuiderdam
Volendam
Nieuw Amsterdam

At Sea Atlantic
Koningsdam east of Brazil destination Christobal Panama eta 4/10

Fort Lauderdale
Rotterdam (with Passengers)
Zaandam (with Passengers)

Puerto Vallarta MX
Eurodam
Maasdam

La Paz Anchorage
Westerdam

Cabo San Lucas Anchorage
Oosterdam

At Sea Pacific
Noordam destination San Diego CA eta 4/24

Durban South Africa Anchorage

Rich,

You have magically made this the best

read on CC! Brilliant!

Alcatra de Terceira I had this at a wonderful restaurant years ago and it was so good!

I have the ingredients except my meat is frozen and will have to defrost but will make this tomorrow!

THANK YOU 

Denise😊

• Like 2

Thank you for the report, Rich.  Luckily, our DD has just gone to the store for us, and popcorn is on the list.

PS Do we ever hear how the Koningsdam is getting along?  Any ill people? 

Edited by Vict0riann

53 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

PS! I know how you enjoy McDonalds😊

It's not really that I like McDonalds.  Actually, I rarely went there before I was diagnosed with Diabetes.  Say what?

They say to a mechanic the solution to every problem is a wrench and to a surgeon it's a scalpel.  I guess to an actuary it's a spread sheet.  I actually get most of my meals at home and carefully monitor the nutrition labels of the things I buy and constantly track my day's food.  That's not always easy in restaurants but one of the things McDonald's does really well is publishing nutrition information.  Better the devil you know than the devil you don't. 

Certainly not conventional but when I was diagnosed in 2002 I was medicated (Avandia) and went off the drug 6 months later with the doctor's approval.

Roy

Rich,

Thanks for the fleet report.  I'm pleased to report I have about 20 bags of carmel popcorn in microwave bags that should last me a while if I ration it out.  We're hunkered down up here in the Seattle area.

Tim

2 hours ago, rafinmd said:

It's not really that I like McDonalds.  Actually, I rarely went there before I was diagnosed with Diabetes.  Say what?

They say to a mechanic the solution to every problem is a wrench and to a surgeon it's a scalpel.  I guess to an actuary it's a spread sheet.  I actually get most of my meals at home and carefully monitor the nutrition labels of the things I buy and constantly track my day's food.  That's not always easy in restaurants but one of the things McDonald's does really well is publishing nutrition information.  Better the devil you know than the devil you don't. 

Certainly not conventional but when I was diagnosed in 2002 I was medicated (Avandia) and went off the drug 6 months later with the doctor's approval.

Roy

I knew you had been off meds a long time! Congratulations on that. I now know why McDonalds is on the list for you especially when your on your wonderful travels around the world👍
Thanks for responding glad your doing well too!

Your always on my mind as so many other great CC members.

Denise😊

3 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

If a kayak counts, I should be paddling around Pennekamp St Pk in Key Largo marveling at nature.  

Perhaps thinking ahead to sunset on the beach with the wine du jour. Tomorrow we’d be heading to Key West.

Very pretty place, wouldn't mind visiting again.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

If a kayak counts, I should be paddling around Pennekamp St Pk in Key Largo marveling at nature.  

Perhaps thinking ahead to sunset on the beach with the wine du jour. Tomorrow we’d be heading to Key West.

Hi Cat!! 
That sounds wonderful!!! Love Key West! Ahhhh😞 only in my dreams right now.

Enjoy your day Cat and Bindi!

Denise😊

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, richwmn said:

Very pretty place, wouldn't mind visiting again.

It is amazing there, and more and more has reopened since Irma hit. Hope you get to go back Rich. We rebooked for November/December.  

I have no idea how I ended up posting this here, but I did. I must need to move up happy hour.

20 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

Hi Cat!! 
That sounds wonderful!!! Love Key West! Ahhhh😞 only in my dreams right now.

Enjoy your day Cat and Bindi!

Denise😊

My dreams too, Denise!  But I am lucky to be able to look out on my amazing back yard, where deer wander through & birds sing. And Bindi’s squirrel friend comes to tease her.

Just color me blessed!

Stay well, think of me when you are enjoying your next Left Coast sunset.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

My dreams too, Denise!  But I am lucky to be able to look out on my amazing back yard, where deer wander through & birds sing. And Bindi’s squirrel friend comes to tease her.

Just color me blessed!

Stay well, think of me when you are enjoying your next Left Coast sunset.

I will certainly think of you when we have a sunset!! Will have to wait this week! Having rain. Paisley loves her squirrels! We always take her to our family beach called Moonlight Beach so she can see her squirrels after our walk!

What a fabulous back yard you have my friend! 
Have a good day Cat!

Denise😊

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

I will certainly think of you when we have a sunset!! Will have to wait this week! Having rain. Paisley loves her squirrels! We always take her to our family beach called Moonlight Beach so she can see her squirrels after our walk!

What a fabulous back yard you have my friend! 
Have a good day Cat!

Denise😊

Our squirrel family run up and down our fence so much they've worn grooves.

We also have coyotes that yip and carry on at night, then it's pheasants squawking in the morning. Of course there's our winery below us that for some crazy reason empties bottles at 5am. And people wonder why I'm an early riser. 🤪 and crazy.. therefore I drink..

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Our squirrel family run up and down our fence so much they've worn grooves.

We also have coyotes that yip and carry on at night, then it's pheasants squawking in the morning. Of course there's our winery below us that for some crazy reason empties bottles at 5am. And people wonder why I'm an early riser. 🤪 and crazy.. therefore I drink..

It’s 5 o’clock somewhere Joy!

Lets have a virtual toast with Cat!🍷🍸🍹

Denise😊

7 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Cheers @cat shepard Cheers @DeeniEncinitas ! 

Well, not QUITE yet. I'm working on this recipe right now. 

@Seasick Sailor  @DeeniEncinitas

I am doing a Lemon drop martini tonight. Cheers to you both & everyone on CC.  P.S. It is 5:12 p.m. here!

I would also like to propose a toast to @Kindergirl, and her Mom & Jim! Cathy and Jim came home from the hospital today! 🎉. Now to get them totally well....

Stay well everyone!

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, cat shepard said:

I am doing a Lemon drop martini tonight. Cheers to you both & everyone on CC.  P.S.nit is 5:12 p.m. here!

I would also like to propose a toast to @Kindergirl, and her Mom & Jim! Cathy and Jim came home from the hospital today! 🎉. Now to get them totally well....

Stay well everyone!

Cat, did you see where they drove themselves home! I had lemon drops in Pinnacle Bar each night before dinner. Hmmm, seems like just last week.. lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Cat, did you see where they drove themselves home! I had lemon drops in Pinnacle Bar each night before dinner. Hmmm, seems like just last week.. lol

I know, Joy! I love their feistiness, but if I were Deb, I might be a tad anxious!

i love Lemon drop martinis. I have a Meyer lemon tree and it’s juice is perfect for 🍸.

To feisty parents!

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

I am doing a Lemon drop martini tonight. Cheers to you both & everyone on CC.  P.S. It is 5:12 p.m. here!

Stay well everyone!

Thank you so much for the wonderful news on them!!!! Much prayers heading there way to recover and get well! Thank GOD!

Now Cat, just told my husband no cigar night outside with the rain so how about 🍸 MARTINIS after dinner! He gave a big thumbs up! Used my Meyers lemon in a dish yesterday so will have 3 olives in our martini 👍

Have a good evening 

Denise😊

• Like 1