Silhouette sky suites

Lolou127

Good morning everyone, I’m trying to do some research just in case our med cruise in August gets pulled or changed itinerary, I’m looking at possibly changing to a 2021 Fjords cruise on the Silhouette, can I ask for recommendations on SS1 and SS2 suites, not the ones aft, I’d prefer to be mid ships, anything I should be looking out for or avoiding?

The SS1 cabins are all corner aft cabins.  The SS2 cabins can get you close to mid-ship but these cabins will be under the Ocean View Café which can, at times, be quite noisy.   We have not been in an SS2 cabin, so cannot speak to any of these cabins directly except for what I read on this site and knowing how loud the public areas can be.  We loved our SS1 cabin but always chose one that was below Deck 12 to avoid being under one of the public venues.  Good luck with your choice.  

• Like 1

We stayed in an S2 (2118) which is under a dining area in the OVC.  Very quiet room.  We never heard anything from above.  The following year, we booked the same room, and again had no problems with noise.

Edited by Georgia_Peaches
  • Like 1

I was in stateroom 2124 (S2) on Silhouette last year and had no significant issues with noise.  There may have been some minor sound in the very early morning, but I would notice it only if I was already awake. I would have no problem booking the same room again.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone, the X website doesn’t seem to differentiate between SS1 and SS2, I was concerned that the aft suites would be more prone to movement but would the fact they’re on lower decks negate that?

4 hours ago, Lolou127 said:

Thanks everyone, the X website doesn’t seem to differentiate between SS1 and SS2, I was concerned that the aft suites would be more prone to movement but would the fact they’re on lower decks negate that?

Having booked both S1 and Concierge aft cabins several times, never experienced 'movement' other than what is considered normal at sea.  S1 cabins are also located deck 6 through 12 on S class ships.  Deck 12 on screen shot below.

image.png.177719ea20d066de3b6bc31d41cd2775.png

Edited by oceangoer2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Lolou127 said:

The S1 and S2's are differentiated by the colors on the deck plans. The S2s are a lighter blue than the S1s (see above).

• Thanks 1