Zanndam Crew Death

Halfmoonfan

Sad news.  Thank you for sharing.  May God bless his family.

The article said that his was the fourth virus death on the Zaandam.  I thought that there had already been four deaths, make this number five.

May the other faithful crew remain healthy.

Barbara

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, bcummin said:

The article said that his was the fourth virus death on the Zaandam.  I thought that there had already been four deaths, make this number five.

One of the passenger deaths was unrelated to covid-19. 

• Like 2

Wiwit was one of the assistant housekeepers on Zaandam. The assistant hk position, of which there are two on the smaller ships and more on the Vista-class and up, is a supervisory position. One of them is usually the assistant rescue squad commander (now called the emergency response support team of which the security officer is the commander), and the other the stretcher team commander. I have worked directly with Wiwit in the past, always professional, always friendly, always willing! This is so sad! 😪 May the Lord bless him and give strength to his family in these dark days

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, RuthC said:

One of the passenger deaths was unrelated to covid-19. 

There is a bit more to it.  3 of the 4 passenger deaths were confirmed to be COVID but the 4th passenger had died 12 days before they were able to test his remains.  The test came back negative but after 12 days it was not considered reliable.  The passenger did have viral infection symptoms.

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/coronavirus/fl-ne-zaandam-crew-death-broward-20200410-vbhjnpg27fcnplodrwrtokz7fm-story.html

50 minutes ago, bcummin said:

Nothing even resembling a source, but I am remembering reading that one of the deaths was from a heart attack.

Barbara

That's what I read, too. 
Considering the age of the passengers on a longer cruise, a death from a heart attack during the cruise does happen. 

• Like 2