Viking Ship Locations

Dukefan

8 hours ago, kcpvwill said:

Orion still meandering around.  Posting this as a test as CC appears to have had no posts for over 24 hours which I’ve not known before.  

It has really slowed down in general around here and we were really never that busy to begin with. So a Friday when folks are preparing for the weekend doesn't surprise me.

With the recent round of canceled Viking Ocean and River Cruises I tried to determine the next scheduled cruise for each Viking Ocean Ship and in general for the River Cruises.  Here are the results:

Viking Jupiter - South America & Chilean Fjords - January 2, 2021

Viking Sky - Panama Canal & Central America - January 3, 2021

Viking Orion - Australia & New Zealand - January 6, 2021

Viking Sea - Mediterranean Antiquities - January 6, 2021

Viking Star - From the Caribbean to the Amazon - January 9, 2021

Viking Venus - Iberian Explorer - January 26, 2021

Viking Sun - ???? - I think they are working to develop a new schedule because of the canceled world cruise .

The first River Cruise is on December 30, 2020 - Pharaohs and  Pyramids 

The Magnificent  Mekong River Cruise starts on January 4, 2021.

European River Cruises restart in March

I did this as a very quick search so I don't promise it is 100% accurate.   If you note any errors, please post them.

5 hours ago, Dukefan said:

With the recent round of canceled Viking Ocean and River Cruises I tried to determine the next scheduled cruise for each Viking Ocean Ship and in general for the River Cruises.  Here are the results:

Viking Jupiter - South America & Chilean Fjords - January 2, 2021

Viking Sky - Panama Canal & Central America - January 3, 2021

Viking Orion - Australia & New Zealand - January 6, 2021

Viking Sea - Mediterranean Antiquities - January 6, 2021

Viking Star - From the Caribbean to the Amazon - January 9, 2021

Viking Venus - Iberian Explorer - January 26, 2021

Viking Sun - ???? - I think they are working to develop a new schedule because of the canceled world cruise .

The first River Cruise is on December 30, 2020 - Pharaohs and  Pyramids 

The Magnificent  Mekong River Cruise starts on January 4, 2021.

European River Cruises restart in March

I did this as a very quick search so I don't promise it is 100% accurate.   If you note any errors, please post them.

Has there been another batch of cancellations? Perhaps you aren't aware but I maintain a spreadsheet of the ship schedules that I post on DropBox and announce here each time I update it (https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2651194-viking-ocean-combined-cruise-schedule/). My last update was July 30.  Do I need to update again? I checked just last week for changes. [Only include Ocean & Expedition -- decided a while ago trying to track River was simply too much].

Rather than post an update -- yup! Just checked Viking Ocean & Viking River  - Oct to Dec 2020 is blank (think that Rhine & Viking Shores & Fjords showing for Sept 2020 is a data feed error). So, it's time to update the spreadsheet and post an update...

Edited by CharTrav

19 hours ago, CharTrav said:

Has there been another batch of cancellations? Perhaps you aren't aware but I maintain a spreadsheet of the ship schedules that I post on DropBox and announce here each time I update it (https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2651194-viking-ocean-combined-cruise-schedule/). My last update was July 30.  Do I need to update again? I checked just last week for changes. [Only include Ocean & Expedition -- decided a while ago trying to track River was simply too much].

Rather than post an update -- yup! Just checked Viking Ocean & Viking River  - Oct to Dec 2020 is blank (think that Rhine & Viking Shores & Fjords showing for Sept 2020 is a data feed error). So, it's time to update the spreadsheet and post an update...

CharTrav's updated Viking Ocean combined cruise schedule shows the first Viking Sun cruise on May 24, 2021 - Into the Midnight Sun.    Since the ship is less than three years old, it seems strange to keep it out of service this long doesn't it?

12 minutes ago, Dukefan said:

CharTrav's updated Viking Ocean combined cruise schedule shows the first Viking Sun cruise on May 24, 2021 - Into the Midnight Sun.    Since the ship is less than three years old, it seems strange to keep it out of service this long doesn't it?

It is only about a month since they cancelled the 2021 WC, so I suspect they are still planning and then booking ports for some new itineraries. If cruising does resume, it is highly unlikely the one ship would remain out of service.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Heidi13 said:

It is only about a month since they cancelled the 2021 WC, so I suspect they are still planning and then booking ports for some new itineraries. If cruising does resume, it is highly unlikely the one ship would remain out of service.

Thank you -  that makes sense.   By the way Tor has posted a new video officially canceling the 2020 cruises.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Dukefan said:

Thank you -  that makes sense.   By the way Tor has posted a new video officially canceling the 2020 cruises.

Thanks - I checked Viking TV about an hour ago and it hadn't been posted yet. Will head back to check out the new update.

2 hours ago, Heidi13 said:

That's what I've been assuming. And will keep checking Sun's schedule and post updates as soon as possible 

Edited by CharTrav

On 8/12/2020 at 4:15 PM, Heidi13 said:

Perhaps the Sun is going to fill in for the Venus if she is not finished on time.

2 hours ago, Dave W 10 said:

Perhaps the Sun is going to fill in for the Venus if she is not finished on time.

Now there's a VERY interesting theory!  You know, that might just be what Viking is thinking for Plan B.

It would make sense and allow the Venus to be completed and not so much pressure.

Hmmm....

This is maybe a little off topic, but has Viking Sea had its first drydock since its launch?  Since the Sea, Sky, and Sun are still in Belfast, I was wondering if the work being done is any more significant than the minor repairs that was first mentioned.

7 hours ago, JeriGail said:

This is maybe a little off topic, but has Viking Sea had its first drydock since its launch?  Since the Sea, Sky, and Sun are still in Belfast, I was wondering if the work being done is any more significant than the minor repairs that was first mentioned.

Sea was launched in March(?), 2016 and as I understand it, not due for her first mandatory dry-dock until 2021

8 hours ago, JeriGail said:

I believe the only Viking ship to have completed the 1st Special Survey/Drydock is the Star. In wet deck they can't complete any of the tasks that require drydocking, so only painting, hotel work and other minor work can be completed.

48 minutes ago, Peregrina651 said:

Sea was launched in March(?), 2016 and as I understand it, not due for her first mandatory dry-dock until 2021

Right now the Sea has itineraries all through 2021 and until September 2022, so I wonder when they'll do the drydock?

Looking at the Sea's survey status with LR, she is due for bottom survey (drydock) in March 2021.  Not sure if LR has a "laid up status" like DNV GL, which could be used to extend this, or whether Viking has applied for it if they do have the status.

We had made spreadsheets of all the Viking schedules prior to Covid and Viking Sea had a gap from 25th Nov 2020 to 9th Dec 2020 which we assumed was a refit.  Similarly Viking Sky has a gap 8th Dec 2021 to 22nd Dec 2021 when it may be due a refit.  
No idea if we are correct, pure speculation!  

On 8/23/2020 at 8:35 AM, kcpvwill said:

We had made spreadsheets of all the Viking schedules prior to Covid and Viking Sea had a gap from 25th Nov 2020 to 9th Dec 2020 which we assumed was a refit.  Similarly Viking Sky has a gap 8th Dec 2021 to 22nd Dec 2021 when it may be due a refit.  
No idea if we are correct, pure speculation!  

Interesting - the spreadsheet I maintain and btw post to DropBox for folks to download (link is in my signature block) doesn't track exact dates except for the first sail of each year. It does reveal gaps in the schedule if it's approx a month or more.