Now for something completely different

1 minute ago, By The Bay said:

Did they release the cause of the crash?

They did, It was a bird strike. They were taking off in pairs like they do and one of the planes veered off to the left. the plane was not level when they punched out the public affairs Officer went out almost horizontally and her parachute failed to deploy the pilot survived, there has been very little news of his recovery. Video of the incident show the bird before the plane started to lose altitude.

1 minute ago, Blackduck59 said:

They did, It was a bird strike. They were taking off in pairs like they do and one of the planes veered off to the left. the plane was not level when they punched out the public affairs Officer went out almost horizontally and her parachute failed to deploy the pilot survived, there has been very little news of his recovery. Video of the incident show the bird before the plane started to lose altitude.

Very sad. Thanks Lyle.

2 minutes ago, By The Bay said:

Very sad. Thanks Lyle.

They were on a lift the spirits tour after we had a mass killing in Nova Scotia and we lost one of our RCAF Helicopters deployed in HMCS Fredericton in the middle east. There were lots of bystanders taking video of them taking off from Kamloops the next stop was supposed to be Victoria. 

I think Lyle is inviting us all over - an invitation from Destination BC appeared today on my FB news feed :

" From coast to coast, explore Vancouver Island and its beach pull out, easy access cafes and soaring ocean views" accompanied by a video 🙂

No mention of salmon cooked on timber!!

3 hours ago, mr walker said:

I think Lyle is inviting us all over - an invitation from Destination BC appeared today on my FB news feed :

" From coast to coast, explore Vancouver Island and its beach pull out, easy access cafes and soaring ocean views" accompanied by a video 🙂

B52 brekkies included from the Spitfire eatery? 

Edited by NSWP

20 hours ago, mr walker said:

Mr. Walker, if you and your lovely wife come to Victoria for longer than the average 8 hr cruise stop. I will be happy to have you over for some planked salmon. That invitation stands for everyone who have been so friendly towards me on this board.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blackduck59 said:

Mr. Walker, if you and your lovely wife come to Victoria for longer than the average 8 hr cruise stop. I will be happy to have you over for some planked salmon. That invitation stands for everyone who have been so friendly towards me on this board.

And a trip to the 'Spitfire' for the B52 brekkie, Lyle.

19 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

For you Les absolutely, the Spitfire Grill is literally at the Airport (not the main terminal) 

Bless you my son. I am taking my daughter and family and son and family to Donegans, down the road for fathers day dinner on 6 Sept....should be them taking me I reckon...have some of this tucker you like, Chips optional, yes sir.donegans.jpg.97f7ffb9cf101e4d1e5212129e6d91ea.jpg

Edited by NSWP
  • Thanks 1

So I am really enjoying the where was I game that Julie started. I tried to get something similar started over on the Celebrity Board, unfortunately they don't know how to have fun over there. Grumpy bunch always talking about everything Covid and how hard done by they are. I definitely prefer the tone on this board, serious threads that wander around off topic half the time, fun topics that wander around off topic most of the time. And almost anything can turn into a discussion about food or wine or beer or anything.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

So I am really enjoying the where was I game that Julie started. I tried to get something similar started over on the Celebrity Board, unfortunately they don't know how to have fun over there. Grumpy bunch always talking about everything Covid and how hard done by they are. I definitely prefer the tone on this board, serious threads that wander around off topic half the time, fun topics that wander around off topic most of the time. And almost anything can turn into a discussion about food or wine or beer or anything.

And questions actually get answered in the process, plus you make some great mates even if you have never met them.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

Thanks to the game it has made me go through my photographs and enjoy reminiscing over our wonderful travels. A trip down memory lane is about as good a holiday as we can get these days 😂

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

I doubt it would work in any of the main cruise line forums. In fact some people would get on their high horses about there even being a thread like this in "their" cruise line forum.

Our forum is possibly unique to CC, although I haven't looked at the UK forums. The serious stuff gets talked about when needed and there is surprisingly little dissention. Part of that is that our numbers are small compared with those who post on the other forums so we've all got to know each other more.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ilikeanswers said:

Thanks to the game it has made me go through my photographs and enjoy reminiscing over our wonderful travels. A trip down memory lane is about as good a holiday as we can get these days 😂

It's also started me on the task of tidying up my photo folders, something I'd been procrastinating about for ages.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

It's also started me on the task of tidying up my photo folders, something I'd been procrastinating about for ages.

Yes I found that too especially with the older photos. When I first got a digital camera I really didn't know how to organise files and left them as mess😂. I have improved greatly now I'm on my third digital camera. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

I just stopped following my own thread. Someone got the bright Idea to post a photo, give 2 clues then tell what it was and post another one. I just let it go. It was like herding cats.

🤣🤣🤣

7 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

I just stopped following my own thread. Someone got the bright Idea to post a photo, give 2 clues then tell what it was and post another one. I just let it go. It was like herding cats.

If you have cats that need hoarding I can loan you Maxy, he is pretty good at it.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ilikeanswers said:

Yes I found that too especially with the older photos. When I first got a digital camera I really didn't know how to organise files and left them as mess😂. I have improved greatly now I'm on my third digital camera. 

I still have the images on the sd cards but I also have them on portable hard drives but they still need to be sorted better. I also have 3 of these hard drives so I need to label them too. I kept the hard drives out of my various dead laptops and need to move files around and format at least one of them.

I'm on my second digital camera. The first one got terminally damaged in Belgium when I dropped it on the concrete floor of a medical bunker that was where Dr. John McRae was working when he wrote "In Flanders Fields". We bought a small replacement in Berlin to get us through the rest of the trip. I bought the newer model when we found the original camera was beyond repair. I will get something new for the down under adventure.

I still have most of the SD cards from my cameras. I'm on my fourth digital camera now. I bought my first one in 2003, the next in 2006, the third in 2012 and the latest last year.

I keep all our photos in Dropbox, and we've just started using the new Dropbox Family option which allows multiple people to access shared folders as well as having their own private folders. DH is very happy with that. Previously he used to have to log in as me and copy photos he wanted to his own laptop as the photo folder was too big for his Dropbox.

Took me a long time to go digital, still prefer film, just not many spots to get it developed and wheelchairs and dark rooms don’t mix too well. To be honest while I back up to he’d and the cloud I rarely re-use cards as they are so inexpensive now.