Now for something completely different

25 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

I couldn’t begin o list the Cameras I have owned, let alone the ones I have used owned by people I worked for that wanted everyone using the same gear, and I hate to even think about the range of subjects I have covered

I have friends who have some odd Leica things (also far too much money).

Q2 is an interesting beast. Beautiful fixed lens. But costly.

M10 Monochrom. $13,500 for a black and white camera!

The Leica Akademie is going to have a couple of online presentations by their head lens designer. Free, so may be worth the admission price.

Edited by Docker123

I also have ended up with my father inlaw's cameras, which included a nice Mamiya C22 and some old ones as well a Leica II, Certo Bee Bee, Kodak Retina IIa as well a OPL Foca, and a lot interesting bit and pieces.... one day will build a cabinet to display them, as they mainly sentimental value. As he was a photographer.

Plus some old voigtlanders 35mm & 120 roll as some Olympus gear from my dad

Cheers Don  

Sunrise from our veranda

20200904_064703.thumb.jpg.74fa5d3f6332e56a4cb21b288ad1e8bc.jpg

These were taken with my phone, I left the real camera at home. It was a get away, with no agenda so we took it as it came.

We have been through Parksville many times but never stayed there. It was a decent resort but most of the "Resort" features were closed. The food in the restaurant was good but the prices were very ambitious. We decided to have dinner at a different place the second night, much better food and realistic prices for the atmosphere and service we received. Every part of our meals was excellent.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Those are from about 2 hours north of here but I have some pretty spectacular sunrise shots from just down the road from my house. Those are on 35 mm so I don't have digital copies of them. It was a nice get away and we enjoyed it, we enjoyed getting home to our own bed.

4 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

Those are from about 2 hours north of here but I have some pretty spectacular sunrise shots from just down the road from my house. Those are on 35 mm so I don't have digital copies of them. It was a nice get away and we enjoyed it, we enjoyed getting home to our own bed.

Nothing like your own bed and shower Lyle, I have done 3 little road trips around NSW in the past few months, good but not great travelling solo.

7 minutes ago, By The Bay said:

Did you come across any hitchhikers on your road trips during the pandemic?

None mate, no Blonde Scandinavian backpackers looking for a lift.😉Sad I know.   I went out to Griffith, Leeton, Wagga, Mudgee, Cowra, Narrandera out west and down to Merimbula/Eden down south, just for 4 or 5 days each time, just needed a change.  Been to those places before, but at the moment we are constrained.   Might go up to Moree way in a couple of weeks, before it gets too hot.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

On 9/7/2020 at 1:14 PM, Blackduck59 said:

I'm going to through on a few images from our little road trip.

This was our view from our picnic lunch. We had fresh bread we got along the way, some lovely hot smoked salmon. A few different deli meats and a selection of cheese.20200903_120532.thumb.jpg.ba2582c10d1203fda84548f56a2f9cfc.jpg

Sounds like as great little road trip.  Loved your picnic.

I need a map of Vancouver Island, as I've been trying to remember where I've been on the island.  One trip I used public transport - bus direct from airport, train, bus, then ferry from north.  Another trip I flew in, when Victoria had icicles on the road signs!  Another trip we drove across from Sunshine Coast ? to West Coast.  When I asked how the bears were on Vancouver Island (there had been a couple of deaths on mainland), they said don't worry about the bears, but look out for the cougars ?  Found lots of books at newsagent re cougars stalking people.  Why don't we hear of all the killer animals in Canada?  Everyone overseas knows of our deaths by sharks, spiders, stingrays, etc. BTW I love Vancouver Island.  I'd live there for the wild beauty of the West Coast and for the seafood.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NSWP said:

None mate, no Blonde Scandinavian backpackers looking for a lift.😉Sad I know.   I went out to Griffith, Leeton, Wagga, Mudgee, Cowra, Narrandera out west and down to Merimbula/Eden down south, just for 4 or 5 days each time, just needed a change.  Been to those places before, but at the moment we are constrained.   Might go up to Moree way in a couple of weeks, before it gets too hot.

Do your family live in the Tweed Heads bubble area?  If so you could meet them in the Tweed.  Northern NSW is beautiful - those glorious headland beaches and wide rivers - a totally different world to Qld.  

42 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Sounds like as great little road trip.  Loved your picnic.

I need a map of Vancouver Island, as I've been trying to remember where I've been on the island.  One trip I used public transport - bus direct from airport, train, bus, then ferry from north.  Another trip I flew in, when Victoria had icicles on the road signs!  Another trip we drove across from Sunshine Coast ? to West Coast.  When I asked how the bears were on Vancouver Island (there had been a couple of deaths on mainland), they said don't worry about the bears, but look out for the cougars ?  Found lots of books at newsagent re cougars stalking people.  Why don't we hear of all the killer animals in Canada?  Everyone overseas knows of our deaths by sharks, spiders, stingrays, etc. BTW I love Vancouver Island.  I'd live there for the wild beauty of the West Coast and for the seafood.  

We have cougar alerts, and there was one in town a few weeks ago, also the odd bear. We had a bear in our yard a few years ago. The "West Coast" what we think of as Tofino, Ucluelet are the well known places is really quite remote; it's about a 6 hour drive from here. Last time we were in Tofino I picked up a nasty virus, my then girlfriend now wife had to drive the very unfamiliar route home and I found myself in hospital for 9 days. That was 20 years ago and we haven't been back. I spent a good amount of time on small training vessels (80 feet) when I was in Sea Cadets in the 1970s and was fortunate to see many places you can only get to by boat.

59 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Do your family live in the Tweed Heads bubble area?  If so you could meet them in the Tweed.  Northern NSW is beautiful - those glorious headland beaches and wide rivers - a totally different world to Qld.  

59 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Currumbin and Nerang. Yes I could do the bubble thing, sounds bizzare does it not. My mother lived at Tweed Heads for 25 yrs, so i have been to the Goldy and Tweed a hundred times, stayed at kingscliff a lot. Thanks

6 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

We have cougar alerts, and there was one in town a few weeks ago, also the odd bear. We had a bear in our yard a few years ago. The "West Coast" what we think of as Tofino, Ucluelet are the well known places is really quite remote; it's about a 6 hour drive from here. Last time we were in Tofino I picked up a nasty virus, my then girlfriend now wife had to drive the very unfamiliar route home and I found myself in hospital for 9 days. That was 20 years ago and we haven't been back. I spent a good amount of time on small training vessels (80 feet) when I was in Sea Cadets in the 1970s and was fortunate to see many places you can only get to by boat.

Yes I remember Vancouver Island is an extremely scenic place, have lots of photos taken from the road up to Campbell  river. It was really odd to come across an actual yellow submarine, I think it was anchored off Naniamo?.

Later on we carried out a torpedo firing at Comox range.

There were lots of Cougars at a Victorian establishment known as the Hug and Slugg.

14 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Currumbin and Nerang. Yes I could do the bubble thing, sounds bizzare does it not. My mother lived at Tweed Heads for 25 yrs, so i have been to the Goldy and Tweed a hundred times, stayed at kingscliff a lot. Thanks

My daughter looked into buying a house at Kingscliff, but had been priced out of the market by all the second home buyers from Sydney.  

28 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

Agree West Coast seems a long way from civilisation.  However, it would be nice to live close enough to go for a long weekend.  On the East Coast, I love Newfoundland, which also has a lot of places you can only reach by small boat.  

26 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Agree West Coast seems a long way from civilisation.  However, it would be nice to live close enough to go for a long weekend.  On the East Coast, I love Newfoundland, which also has a lot of places you can only reach by small boat.  

West coast is pretty much a dead place, not very attractive and boring. Unless you are a fan of nature and stuff it will appeal to you. In all other cases, I wouldnt really waste my time going there.. well, at least for like a day maybe just to see how things are going on there