Tell me about your Transatlantic or longer than 8 day cruise

lagienomai

2 minutes ago, leen50 said:

Hi B.Q. pretty sure that we were on the NCL Star TA Miami to Barcelona-April 2018. After that, many of us took the Carnival Horizon back to NY from Barcelona.

-arleen

No I was on the Epic.   Booked the day before.  😀

• Like 1

Took our first TA last year - 24 days on Costa - from Port Everglades to Venice. Hubs was a little nervous about all of the sea days, but he ended up loving it how relaxing the sea days all were. I absolutely loved 24 days on board, and wasn't quite ready for it to end - although getting off the ship in Venice helped. 😂 The TA was the most relaxing cruise I've ever been on, and I can't wait to do another one (although next one will definitely be west bound to avoid losing an hour every day). 

On 4/19/2020 at 10:08 AM, lagienomai said:

So my husband and I started cruising in 2015. Wish we would have started earlier however we have mostly taken one family cruise a year but have since started taking a solo one together without the kids as well. Most we have ever cruised was 8 day which we love. Our 20th anniversary is next year and decided to do something more so booked the transatlantic on the Legend. So wanting some experiences on what you love about extended cruises. We love sea days, just hope 6 in a row doesn't make me hate them lol.

Celebrating your 20th anniversary on a transatlantic cruise sounds wonderful!  I'm booked on the Legend Oct 31, 2021 Barcelona to Baltimore.  Maybe the same cruise?  I did a transatlantic many years ago on HAL both East and West and loved it.  Many people prefer sailing west as the days are longer due to the time changes.  I would guess the demographics and vibe will be somewhat different from a typical Carnival cruise.  Probably older and fewer children which is a plus IMO.  Plus the Legend carries fewer passengers than most Carnival ships which may be a good thing these days.  Let's hope we're able to sail by late 2021!

I've only done 1 TA and it was on Cunard's QE2. That sailing was the best cruise I have ever taken. Cabin, service, food, enrichment programs were all excellent. You will not be bored. Carnival will have plenty of thing to keep you busy. Like with any cruise the only thing that you won't like is having to get off the ship. 

On 4/19/2020 at 6:08 PM, lagienomai said:

So my husband and I started cruising in 2015. Wish we would have started earlier however we have mostly taken one family cruise a year but have since started taking a solo one together without the kids as well. Most we have ever cruised was 8 day which we love. Our 20th anniversary is next year and decided to do something more so booked the transatlantic on the Legend. So wanting some experiences on what you love about extended cruises. We love sea days, just hope 6 in a row doesn't make me hate them lol.

My family and I have been on one transatlantic cruise on the Carnival Vista from Barcelona to New York. 

We found the seas were rocky, to the point that rooms with balconies were sealed off, so that the balcony doors could not be opened. On occasion top decks were not accessible due to high winds. 

We were not bored though, we enjoyed our time on the Transatlantic

For Transoceanic cruises, having a ship that suites you needs/expectations is very (most) important.

While even better deals, I know a small ship crossing wouldn't be for me (yet at least).  I very much enjoyed Symphony OTS and Norwegian Encore.

On 4/29/2020 at 2:47 PM, boatseller said:

For Transoceanic cruises, having a ship that suites you needs/expectations is very (most) important.

While even better deals, I know a small ship crossing wouldn't be for me (yet at least).  I very much enjoyed Symphony OTS and Norwegian Encore.

After having 12 sea days just recently on the Coral Princess to Antarctica, I learned to pick ships for TAs more carefully and chose Allure for a TA this year but unfortunately had to cancel. I’m in a different demographic than most looking to do a crossing and I’d rather have things to do readily available. The Coral Princess was super boring — I’d sooner give preference to Carnival ( @jimbo5544 and JH, you heard that right) for even a Caribbean Cruise.

Choose your ships wisely. While I agree with boatseller that sometimes there are really good deals, small ship cruising isn’t for everyone.

• Like 1